0
 

home
news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Lab > Audio Booth

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2005, 12:24 PM   #1
Loczero
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 34
Posts: 4
Rep Power: 0
Loczero grasshopper
Question I gots a HUGE question involvin beatmaking!!

Does anyone kno how i can get all of those sword swings, clashes, and fighting sfx like wu-tang uses in their songs? If ANYONE has a pack that i can dl, of has any idea how i can get em (other than sampling offa an old kung fu movie) PLEEZ tell me!

The whole sampling off of a movie thing takes too long, plus i dunno how to do it directly from a dvd or vhs. PM me or post if you have a dl link, or anything else.

I'll even trade you packs if you have the sfx!
Loczero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 02:33 PM   #2
pablobaluba
Banned
 
pablobaluba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: ROMANIA
Age: 29
Posts: 2,467
Rep Power: 0
pablobaluba grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to pablobaluba Send a message via Yahoo to pablobaluba
Default Re: I gots a HUGE question involvin beatmaking!!

i have some kung fu flicks...but sorry....i don;t give them to others....i will use them for my own beats....if wanna hear them....check art of war....in the signature.
that's what you are looking for?
pablobaluba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 06:30 PM   #3
ARTFORM
Producer
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 60
Rep Power: 0
ARTFORM grasshopper
Default Re: I gots a HUGE question involvin beatmaking!!

Be original.
__________________

ARTFORM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 07:01 PM   #4
Golden_Armz
DA TRIBEZMAN
 
Golden_Armz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: London
Posts: 607
Rep Power: 12
Golden_Armz grasshopper
Default Re: I gots a HUGE question involvin beatmaking!!

Yo you gotta find what u feel is relevant 2 ur self, n do that shit urself, cos the sampling is part of the production....peaCE
Golden_Armz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 07:34 PM   #5
Triple B
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Posts: 94
Rep Power: 0
Triple B grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to Triple B
Default Re: I gots a HUGE question involvin beatmaking!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loczero
Does anyone kno how i can get all of those sword swings, clashes, and fighting sfx like wu-tang uses in their songs? If ANYONE has a pack that i can dl, of has any idea how i can get em (other than sampling offa an old kung fu movie) PLEEZ tell me!

The whole sampling off of a movie thing takes too long, plus i dunno how to do it directly from a dvd or vhs. PM me or post if you have a dl link, or anything else.

I'll even trade you packs if you have the sfx!
I sampled a lot of those sounds from the animatrix dvd, great swordfight sounds on there, not like those lo-fi sounds on fung fu flicks..

anyway, look around everywhere sampling is half the tune u make imo.
Triple B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 07:38 PM   #6
Loczero
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 34
Posts: 4
Rep Power: 0
Loczero grasshopper
Default Re: I gots a HUGE question involvin beatmaking!!

So how do I sample? What programs should I use? How do I get started? I got beatmakin down-pat-lock, but that damn sampling is somethin else. Plz help me out wit some sampler info.
Loczero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 01:14 AM   #7
ReVisionist
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 30
Rep Power: 0
ReVisionist grasshopper
Default Re: I gots a HUGE question involvin beatmaking!!

what do you use for your beats?
__________________
ReVisionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 01:34 AM   #8
..:::::T饲H严千:::::..
']['|R(G
 
..:::::T饲H严千:::::..'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 37
Rep Power: 0
..:::::T饲H严千:::::.. grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to ..:::::T饲H严千:::::.. Send a message via MSN to ..:::::T饲H严千:::::..
Default Re: I gots a HUGE question involvin beatmaking!!

shaolin samples...

ht tp://s41.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=33CJPFOUZNAN73V785NR9QL8GF

just remove the space between the "http" and copy and paste it...

all in MP3 format...
__________________
']['he |Re][ntegration (Group
']['|R(G
..:::::T饲H严千:::::.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 05:01 AM   #9
Golden_Armz
DA TRIBEZMAN
 
Golden_Armz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: London
Posts: 607
Rep Power: 12
Golden_Armz grasshopper
Default Re: I gots a HUGE question involvin beatmaking!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loczero
So how do I sample? What programs should I use? How do I get started? I got beatmakin down-pat-lock, but that damn sampling is somethin else. Plz help me out wit some sampler info.
Get a program like "Easy Sound Recorder" play ur dvd on ur pc and record "what u hear" then save the wav in a file n u can edit in in a wave edit program, last step is to load it up in a sequencer like FL studio, PEACE
Golden_Armz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 06:36 AM   #10
Triple B
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Posts: 94
Rep Power: 0
Triple B grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to Triple B
Default Re: I gots a HUGE question involvin beatmaking!!

you'll need a softsampler like wavelab (which is my favorite), cooledit or soundforge. to chop the recorded loop into small samples.
Triple B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 10:20 AM   #11
Casciple Wallholder
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 17
Rep Power: 0
Casciple Wallholder grasshopper
Default Re: I gots a HUGE question involvin beatmaking!!

This is in no way a HUGE beat making question.

The fact that you would/should take the time out and learn how to setup and record media yourself is probably the basics of "beat making" apart from beat making process and more importantly (to me) the art of it.

Start learning to do things on your own and you'll feel better and more competent at the end of the day.

I'm not knocking you or your abilities but as a seasoned beat maker myself, I as well as many other beat makers on here and in this world learned on they own. Especially simple media recording techniques like this.

At the end of the day its all about learning so continue post questions I'm fine with answering.

For this one you can get a cheesy ass audio convertor cable. That red and white cables from your VHS or DVD can be split into a regular headphone jack which inturn can be hooked into your computer / hard sampler input.

peace. hip hop.
__________________
Black Vote For Sale
Casciple Wallholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 11:33 AM   #12
IronFingaz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Jamaica, Queens
Age: 29
Posts: 247
Rep Power: 0
IronFingaz grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to IronFingaz Send a message via MSN to IronFingaz Send a message via Yahoo to IronFingaz
Default Re: I gots a HUGE question involvin beatmaking!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casciple Wallholder
This is in no way a HUGE beat making question.

The fact that you would/should take the time out and learn how to setup and record media yourself is probably the basics of "beat making" apart from beat making process and more importantly (to me) the art of it.

Start learning to do things on your own and you'll feel better and more competent at the end of the day.

I'm not knocking you or your abilities but as a seasoned beat maker myself, I as well as many other beat makers on here and in this world learned on they own. Especially simple media recording techniques like this.

At the end of the day its all about learning so continue post questions I'm fine with answering.

For this one you can get a cheesy ass audio convertor cable. That red and white cables from your VHS or DVD can be split into a regular headphone jack which inturn can be hooked into your computer / hard sampler input.

peace. hip hop.
Do you know what this cable is actually called? I've been trying to get one but dont know what it is actually called.

P.E.A.C.E.
__________________
Iron Fingaz "Revenge of the Iron Fingaz Part II" OUT NOW!!!!
Iron Fingaz "Iron Fingaz of Death Part I" OUT NOW!!!!
IronFingaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 11:53 AM   #13
Loczero
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 34
Posts: 4
Rep Power: 0
Loczero grasshopper
Default Re: I gots a HUGE question involvin beatmaking!!

Its called a patch chord i think. I have one somewhere around here. neways, If anyone has the link to a good movie sampler program like the ones mentioned above (Wavlab, SoundForge, Easy Sound Recorder) then please post it! Ive decided that ereryone was right in sayin that i should to it myself.
Loczero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 12:11 PM   #14
Casciple Wallholder
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 17
Rep Power: 0
Casciple Wallholder grasshopper
Default Re: I gots a HUGE question involvin beatmaking!!

I cant exactly remember the name. It's some Y cable of some sort.

You cant lose by asking a local audio store or big electornic store.

Basically just find out what outputs your device (DVD or VHS player) takes then ask them if there is a cable to connect from it (DVD/VHS) to a regular headphone/or TRS(a bit bigger) port.
__________________
Black Vote For Sale
Casciple Wallholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 12:12 PM   #15
Casciple Wallholder
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 17
Rep Power: 0
Casciple Wallholder grasshopper
Default Re: I gots a HUGE question involvin beatmaking!!

Soundforge and a basic sound card will do the job..

However you might want to invest in a better soundcard for the actual beat making and mixing and shit. Otherwise just get a shiity one then get ur stuff mixed and mastered in a studio.

Peace.
__________________
Black Vote For Sale
Casciple Wallholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 PM.


Copyright 2000 - 2013 The Wu-Tang Corp. & shift-one