news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 10-17-2005, 11:39 PM   #1
noel411
penalty boxed user

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Both sides of the story

I was just briefly reading a thread in here about book titles, and I noticed an overwhelming amount of titles that seemed to suggest books based on a positive outlook of the black race, and really not a whole lot else. (I might be entirely wrong. This is just based on a quick scan of book titles).

Now I really hate all this "black this, white that" bullshit, and I most certainly don't want this thread to go in the direction. What I wanted to discuss is the idea of when studying a subject, to look at "both sides of the story". For example, I recently read a book titled "Answers In Genesis", which was an attempt to prove the truth of the bible story using scientific evidence (and a pretty meager one at that). So shortly after, I decided to read a couple of books that discussed possible alternatives to the history of christianity as we know it, as well as contradictions and inconsistencies within the text of the bible.

Sidenote: I still haven't found what I was truly after, which is a text that attempts to disprove the bible story through scientific evidence. I also recently read the Quran, and would be interested in any titles that either back up, or refute, the content of the book, if anybody could help me.

Anyway, I'm not saying I do this with every topic I read up on, or that everyone should, but I do think that reading conflicting perspectives on a subject helps to give a broader understanding of the subject, as well as encouraging a not so bias personal view.

Thought this might be interesting to discuss.

noel411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 02:17 AM   #2
SubtleEnergies
Veteran Member

SubtleEnergies grasshopper
Default Re: Both sides of the story

For the Quran, read Why I am not a Muslim, I forget who it's by but it's pretty popular.

I found alot of what he said biased, unthought out rubbish. But he does raise legitimate points about Islam.
SubtleEnergies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 09:02 AM   #3
LHX
healthy merking

LHX drunken mastaLHX drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to LHX

stop reading books
Old 10-18-2005, 09:13 AM   #4
Triple B

Triple B grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to Triple B

the truth is never in one side of the story.

came across this leaflet while reading up on the net. thought it was pretty related to your post.

Triple B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 10:09 AM   #5
LHX
healthy merking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple B
the truth is never in one side of the story.

came across this leaflet while reading up on the net. thought it was pretty related to your post.

principia discordia
is the name of the book
Old 10-18-2005, 11:16 AM   #6
LordReveal
Veteran Member

LordReveal crouching tiger

the thread starter is right, never take things on face value. I'm againts religion, but whatever u beleive in, make sure u believe in it because of something that's close to your heart, not because u go to the church or to the mosque and have become brainwashed. I stand firm behind my 5% Nation lessons because after I study them, I'll go and research for stuff that support what I'm studying with facts, discoveries (weather it be archiological or whatever), and things of that nature. I never take things on face value, just because somebody is teaching it to me or because my favorite rap group said so. Do The Knowledge (look, listen, observe)

PEACE.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:17 PM   #7
Prince Rai
Writing verses in S9

Prince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killa

people mention books they just saw others mention.. so they mention it so that they get credit..

ive given up suggesting GOOD books... like anybody cares lol

Inject the Lyrical Venom of Section 9
Prince Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 12:21 PM   #8
SubliminaL_tha_7th_BorN
PreDestinatioN

SubliminaL_tha_7th_BorN grasshopper

peace.

Beware of rhetoric..., and always...go check the author's background......

go out...apply it to reality, compare and contrast..., keep an open mind.., conclude to what is accurate........, and even then...challenge that thought...., knowledge if infinite...and man is ignorant...

don't stress all the Black glorification books.., there is a balance to everything, we get white glorification in our daily education....from a young age. Nothing wrong with it, it helps me to better understand certain things...., but like you...what about the other side to the story..?

Regardless, maintain

peace

SubliminaL tha 7th Born

"The truth that makes men free is for the most part the truth which men prefer not to hear.."
SubliminaL_tha_7th_BorN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 01:44 PM   #9
LHX
healthy merking

stop reading books

dont listen to anybody

plug your ears
close your eyes
Old 10-18-2005, 02:55 PM   #10
Triple B

Triple B grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to Triple B

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHX
principia discordia
is the name of the book
uhu was reading up on it last night, pretty interesting. cool to see my own state of mind/thoughts confirmed. definately gonna try to get my hands on it, looked in the school library today but without result..
Triple B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 03:02 PM   #11
tostones

tostones crouching tiger
Send a message via MSN to tostones

Quote:
don't stress all the Black glorification books.., there is a balance to everything, we get white glorification in our daily education....from a young age. Nothing wrong with it, it helps me to better understand certain things...., but like you...what about the other side to the story..?
true indeed.

Also I agree, accepting any one side of a things on face value alone will lead you astray from the truth.

peace
Old 10-18-2005, 09:23 PM   #12
noel411
penalty boxed user

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubtleEnergies
For the Quran, read Why I am not a Muslim, I forget who it's by but it's pretty popular.

I found alot of what he said biased, unthought out rubbish. But he does raise legitimate points about Islam.
Quote:
well one person i know that has done a lot of writing to oppose both the bible and quran is malachi z york. like him or not he got some shit to say. you can probably buy some of his scrolls at any flea market, and i do believe off the internet.
Cool, I'll look up this book and this author. Thanks.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:13 PM   #13
LHX
healthy merking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple B
uhu was reading up on it last night, pretty interesting. cool to see my own state of mind/thoughts confirmed. definately gonna try to get my hands on it, looked in the school library today but without result..
youll have a tough time finding it in a library

the book in its entirity is available online in various locations

definitely worth reading
as far as books go
Old 10-19-2005, 07:43 AM   #14
Born Ruler I
Lord of the Perfect Black

Born Ruler I grasshopper

York got his info from a variety of sources. Instead of reading his interpretation, do the research your SELF.

One

http://www.soundclick.com/pandemoniumakagabriel
http://www.myspace.com/pandemoniumgabriel
Born Ruler I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 07:18 PM   #15
noel411
penalty boxed user

Can anybody else offer any titles on the subjects I mentioned?

Also, I'm currently reading "Not out of Africa", which most of you are likely familiar with. For those who aren't, it is a book that attempts to refute Afrocentric beliefs. This is another topic of which I would like to get a brief overview from conflicting perspectives, so I was hoping somebody could recommend for me a good text that briefly covers the basic teachings of Afrocentrism. I'm not after a complex study of the subject, just a basic overview of it's main teachings. Maybe about 200-300 pages.