news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Sound Shack

Old 03-08-2011, 07:04 PM   #1
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF
Question School me on Kraftwerk

My local record store shared this mash up link with Kraftwerk and I said I never heard an album and then they linked me Trans Europe Express and Numbers. I got my mind Blown. Not only did these guys inspire HIPHOP (Bambaataa) but way later the Dungeon Family made 'Trans DF express'.... I'm sure there is other nods as well I just dont know em.

excuse me for being late or ignorant to something that was probably blatantly obvious.

now go head and school me. Which album do I get First????

oh yeah if there is a kraftwerk thread already then please merge
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:49 PM   #2
Cutmaster Cliff
The GateKeeper

Cutmaster Cliff crouching tiger
Thumbs up

Classic group from back in my day. Their music was real popular at the house parties and in the clubs back in the early 80's. You can't go wrong with either one of these songs. I say get both. Plus there are many others to be heard.
Cutmaster Cliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:00 AM   #3
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

yeah i would say try either "trans europe express" , "man machine", or "computer world" and you'll become a fan...all of their albums are great and worth a listen, though (i'm sure there are people who would disagree and could already guess what they disagree about, but whatever). i can post some links in the vatican if you want, or just search demonoid or something for "the catalogue" which are remastered recordings of the albums kraftwerk has deemed essential, which ignores their first 3 kind of ambient-psychedelic albums.
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:36 AM   #4
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Yeah p.post em.im gonna buy an album next week.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:48 AM   #5
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I'd suggest you start with their live album "Minimum-Maximum" from 2005. The sound quality is excellent, crowd is more or less unheard, and they provide basically updated version of all of their classics (and believe me, they DO know how to update their old songs). After that, start digging in whatever direction you prefer, as they changed their style a few times, from Krautrock to electronica pioneering to industrial.
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:16 PM   #6
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
My local record store shared this mash up link with Kraftwerk and I said I never heard an album and then they linked me Trans Europe Express and Numbers. I got my mind Blown. Not only did these guys inspire HIPHOP (Bambaataa) but way later the Dungeon Family made 'Trans DF express'.... I'm sure there is other nods as well I just dont know em.

excuse me for being late or ignorant to something that was probably blatantly obvious.

now go head and school me. Which album do I get First????

oh yeah if there is a kraftwerk thread already then please merge

ya kraftwerk is dope.

dre was saying he was listening to a lot of it while making detox. but idk i think after the under pressure track kinda bombed (i think its a decent track) he may have been second guessing himself and thats when kush came out.
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
whitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:02 PM   #7
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

"Autobahn" is a great piece too, a 30 minute track that takes up one side of an album with the same name. i haven't heard the other tracks from that LP but that's a awesome one

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:10 PM   #8
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^ It's quite unusual actually. They have a track without drums (yeah, Kraftwerk without drums) and a track with motorik beat by Klaus Dinger.
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:37 PM   #9
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

anuzer lonely night, nuzer lonely night
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:49 PM   #10
Nick Fury
Pink Taco Maker Inc

Nick Fury iron monkeyNick Fury iron monkeyNick Fury iron monkey

Ralf Florian you geeks
Nick Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 03:31 PM   #11
INF
Digital @fterLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
"Autobahn" is a great piece too, a 30 minute track that takes up one side of an album with the same name. i haven't heard the other tracks from that LP but that's a awesome one

This is what I got today. On wax of course.

it was either this or Atomic and there were two different kinds of of atomic.One was obviously a remaster. My Autobahn is a remaster.

haven't put it on yet cuz I'm spinning this Deltron 3030 that I bought as well ,lol.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:10 PM   #12
INF
Digital @fterLife

Autobahn has me in a TRANCE. I can't quit playing it.I like the second side a LOT. that first song that takes up the whole first side is GREAT but man ....

I can hear TONS of samples that have been used off this record alone.All kinds of ppl sample Kraftwerk , its funny.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:29 PM   #13
INF
Digital @fterLife

Autobahn is the sickest song everrrrr

the changes

ohhh

oh man

!!!!!!!!
Old 03-23-2011, 10:13 PM   #14
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

"Mitternacht" is fucking evil.

Classic album.
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 03:46 PM   #15
INF
Digital @fterLife

I love the simplicity of these albums and also I like the German sung versions better than the English ones. I usually don't like to hear things sang in anything except English.