news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 10-18-2005, 09:11 PM   #1
noel411
The ABBOTT

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Women and how they dress

I was having a discussion with a female friend of mine just the other day, about how women dress in certain environments. My personal point of view is that I have no respect for girls who parade around shopping malls and such, intentionally dressed in revealing clothes and heavy make up. I view them as being willing subjects for men to drool over, and I think their focus on impressing and pleasing the opposite sex is nothing short of pathetic. I think my friend pretty much agreed with me there.

However, I suggested that I have no problem with girls hanging out at the beach in bikinis, and would not lose a shred of respect for a girl for doing so. Rather, I would have more respect for a girl who would wear a bikini at the beach, than one who wouldn't. My reason being that I feel the human body is in no way anything to be ashamed of, and there is no need to be over concious of how you appear to other people in the flesh, granted you are in an appropriate environment. For me the beach is somewhere people go to enjoy the sun, cool off, go for a swim, surf, have fun, and be able to get their gear off without worrying about offending anyone. It's expected, and accepted (by most), that people there will be wearing very little. I mean shit, I've spent a good part of my life on the beach, and I think it's downright unpleasant and uncomfortable to hang out in the sand, or the water, in clothes.

This is where I ran into problems with my friend. She thought my outlook was "ridiculous", and that it is no different for a girl to wear revealing clothes in a place such as a shopping mall, as it is for a girl to wear a bikini at the beach. Then she went into her routine about "oppression of females" and blah blah blah........

There are, of course, exceptions to both scenarios, but I mean in general.

Anybody wish to add any of their own thoughts to this?

Old 10-19-2005, 01:49 AM   #2
nut_end
no mind inclined to find

nut_end grasshopper
Default Re: Women and how they dress

for me i don't know about malls never go there no good shops really but anyway, these females who go about leaving the house in the low slung jeans wife beaters and flops with the underwear showing is just ridiculous i mean get clothes that fit. a women who dresses with some nod towards sexy without degrading is far more respected than those who lean toward tramp. most people know that the sexuality of the female is to have a stronger pull than the males, and women will exploit that against the raw strenght of the male. to wit the dressing of a women is relative to their consciousness about how they see themselves personally and society at large (culturally and politically).

those females might be arbitraters of whats termed sex symbols as to whats sold and told by society and something equivalent to status. either way ain't jack to me i don't care for that and pay them no mind - its like the proper enviornment to inappropriate attention.
nut_end is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 06:11 AM   #3
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noel411
. My personal point of view is that I have no respect for girls who parade around shopping malls and such, intentionally dressed in revealing clothes and heavy make up. I view them as being willing subjects for men to drool over, and I think their focus on impressing and pleasing the opposite sex is nothing short of pathetic. I think my friend pretty much agreed with me there.

These girls always have a shitty attitude and a fucked on mentality on life, basically theyre just dumb. These bitches dont mean shit to me, I much prefer a girl who knows what shes about, and has her own mind.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:41 AM   #4
Queen Of Poetry
Veteran Member

Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Well.....I myself don't think it is appropriate to parade around at a mall, grocery store, etc. revealing ur body. I mean, don't get me wrong, I wear hip huggers and sometimes my shirt may be short enough to show my belly button, but my breasts aren't sticking out and u can't see my thong or ass crack. I think it is about being sexy but still have self respect........

As for the beach, yes I wear bikinis there b/c it is appropriate to do that. But my bikinis still r sexy but at the same time I have respect for myself and not allow "it all to hang out."

Queen Of Poetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 07:50 AM   #5
damaja
PRODIGAL SUN

damaja sitting duck

I agree, I would rather girls covered up rather than paraded about with everything showing. Maybe not quite as extreme as the burkhas that Islam countries have, but without all this cleavage, legs, ass and stomach.

I don't like to see what I can't have, and I don't think it is right for women to display themselves like some do.