news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 03-30-2011, 12:01 PM   #46
food for thots
Yammich maeker

food for thots Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thots Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thots Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thots Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thots Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thots Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thots Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thots Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thots Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thots Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thots Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan Destine View Post
Everybody is lacking fulfillment and total meaning. We wouldn't be here otherwise. On the other hand, it is actually impossible to truly see existence as totally meaningless. We make meaning no matter what, unless we are dead, in oblivion. What is constant in us is the aversion and fear to the sparseness or impersonality of significance. The fear, not the actuality (because it is near impossible).

And everybody does this in some way, in different degrees, from the religious, to the independently spiritual, the atheist, the humanist, the positivist, even the nihilist. Also, just because it is a symptom, it doesn't necessarily make it not true. Belief is art. Art is not true or untrue.

Personally, however, I think an outlook that doesn't involve some consideration of psychology or deep self skepticism, or an intellectual conscience, is in poor taste (as art), no matter what label is on it.

Great post Clan, its very similar to how i see things, but i have to differ on your first sentance,.I dont how others feel, but I feel like ive been waiting to be here, at this moment in time,. sometimes if feel i have been here before ( lucid dreams, feelins/knowing of a event happening;that could be down to, how my subconscious mind acts with my conscious mind and how well it relates what the vibration is,. ) I know that can sound like trying to give 'life' a purpose but im not, as i see everything as an expression of its higherself, we're just here,experiancing subjectivly.

But i generally feel, most of the worlds population is here, cos they are destined? / meant to be here.,. even if its as cannon fodder, for consciousness to experiance what it needs to.

art is perception, or perception is an art. lol

peace

LulZ KillZ Phear....

http://thepiratenetwork.org

"THE ALL is MIND; The Universe is Mental." — The Kybalion.

food for thots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:07 PM   #47
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Fuck, it's amazing how can you complicate your life for no reason. What's this "meaning" bullshit anyway? Eat, sleep, make money, make babies, that's what it is.
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:56 PM   #48
Robert
1%

Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLE View Post
i think its a common misconception by atheists that those who choose to believe in a creator are lacking fulfillment or meaning and therefore feel the need to believe in something greater than self.

The cheek of you saying that, the irony, it's too much.

2ndly, the illuminati and skygod (bearded man on cloud) are mutually exclusive concepts. this is mostly due the the belief that organized religion is under the control of the illuminati.
Yet people still bash one and adhere to the other.

Last edited by Robert; 03-31-2011 at 06:54 PM.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:16 AM   #49
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim T View Post
Fuck, it's amazing how can you complicate your life for no reason. What's this "meaning" bullshit anyway? Eat, sleep, make money, make babies, that's what it is.
that shit is boring if that's all it is
Old 03-31-2011, 01:15 AM   #50
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim T View Post

i truly believe the theory that most humans today are newly incarnated animal spirits. you can tell by their base emotion driven ideology. slim, you'll get it after a few times around the block. old souls like myself and others have already had a few goes to figure it out a bit.

robert, you need to get over it. in 2011, atheism is a failed idea. successful in the way it shattered the grip of organized religion. but falls terribly short in regards to even beginning to explain the nature and source of consciousness.

Last edited by Uncle Steezo; 03-31-2011 at 01:18 AM.
Uncle Steezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:17 AM   #51
pro.Graveface
BuddaHazeMysteryDeepSpace

pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to pro.Graveface Send a message via Skype™ to pro.Graveface

vibration is the source, U are the creater! now fill up the vibration with imagenation!
but stay safe!
PEACE
Mother Yin Father Yang are my GrandParents!
Graveface is now Gravespace
pro.Graveface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:20 AM   #52
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

someone mention

Quote:
Is the "illuminati" evil because they control,..
Is control the basis for evil? Interesting, as many of the negative traits amongst people maybe even you or me, come out of our desire to control our environment.. Theres even a term for people like this.. "control freaks".

I see control as a way of 'managing' the fear of not knowing the outcome, essentially stemming from fear. If its true at the illuminati level, it also appears to be true at the individual level. Does that make us all part of the illuminati?
Old 04-01-2011, 09:22 AM   #53
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Could you please explain how you would define the "traditional scientific method" and how the observer is left out of the observation.
The Oxford English Dictionary says that scientific method is: "a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses."

How is the observer left out of the observation?

By not asking.."how am I (the observer) effecting the observed experiment by being the observer"

An easy example would be.. if you were observing a conversation and interaction between two people, the fact that you are there observing has an effect on their conversation and interaction. The results of their conversation would be different if you were not present.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:38 AM   #54
Clan Destine

Clan Destine crouching tigerClan Destine crouching tiger

Quote:

i truly believe the theory that most humans today are newly incarnated animal spirits. you can tell by their base emotion driven ideology. slim, you'll get it after a few times around the block. old souls like myself and others have already had a few goes to figure it out a bit.

robert, you need to get over it. in 2011, atheism is a failed idea. successful in the way it shattered the grip of organized religion. but falls terribly short in regards to even beginning to explain the nature and source of consciousness.

Humans are animals. We came from animals. People act like animals because they are. The difference is humans can affirm, reflect, champion, suppress, spiritualize etc. their emotional core.

Atheism is simply a lack of belief. Not the lack of a possibility of the divine. As long as atheism remains inquisitive and honest with its own principles (thats is science), it will understand its own problems. It isn't the same approach as mystic lets say, but its an approach. You assume as well, that is done the process of inquisition. Don't be so impatient. I think scientific discoveries will continue to point to what you speak of. It will take longer, but it will be able 'to show its work' so to speak.

Everything by its own way and in its own time.
Clan Destine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 02:30 AM   #55
Robert
1%

Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:

Atheism doesn't even try to explain the nature and source of consciousness so I don't understand how it can "fall short". Your criticism is misguided to say the least.

Last edited by Robert; 04-02-2011 at 09:18 AM.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:51 AM   #56
Sense-A
PRODIGAL SUN

Sense-A prodigal sonSense-A prodigal sonSense-A prodigal sonSense-A prodigal sonSense-A prodigal sonSense-A prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan Destine View Post
Atheism is simply a lack of belief. Not the lack of a possibility of the divine.
*shaking my head*

confusing atheism and agnoticism is a newbie's mistake.

Quote:
a·the·ism

 /ˈeɪθiˌɪzəm/ Show Spelled[ey-thee-iz-uhm] Show IPA
–noun 1. the doctrine or belief that there is no god.

2. disbelief in the existence of a supreme being or beings.

Origin:
1580–90; < Greek áthe ( os ) godless + -ism
Quote:
agnostic (ćɡˈnɒstɪk) n 1. atheist Compare theist a person who holds that knowledge of a Supreme Being, ultimate cause, etc, is impossible 2. a person who claims, with respect to any particular question, that the answer cannot be known with certainty
Old 04-02-2011, 09:25 AM   #57
Robert
1%

That is just pure semantics. That lines are, in reality, far more blurred than that.

Old 04-02-2011, 01:43 PM   #58
WARPATH
Dinosaur Hunter

WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via Skype™ to WARPATH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post

Atheism doesn't even try to explain the nature and source of consciousness so I don't understand how it can "fall short". Your criticism is misguided to say the least.

Doesn't try or can't?
Old 04-02-2011, 01:46 PM   #59
Robert
1%

It can't but it is not meant to.

Old 04-02-2011, 01:53 PM   #60
WARPATH
Dinosaur Hunter

WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via Skype™ to WARPATH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
It can't but it is not meant to.
So atheism fails?