news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 03-27-2013, 07:40 AM   #1
hashashin
Be Seeing You

hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Swollen Members- Beautiful Death Machine

Anyone get this album yet, what you think? Brilliant follow up to Dagger Mouth imo, one of those rare albums where I don't have to skip any tracks!
hashashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:25 PM   #2
madchild
FU-MAN

madchild prodigal sonmadchild prodigal sonmadchild prodigal sonmadchild prodigal sonmadchild prodigal sonmadchild prodigal son

Well, anything would look brilliant following up from Daggermouth. There were only like 3 songs on that album that were alright at best.

Anyways, since no one really discusses Swollen Members these days, I'll nitpick the album.

01. Inception - Inception is a catchy song. One of the best beats on the album and it wasn't from C-Lance or RTV. The only thing I hate about this song is the fact that they decided to attach 30-45 second Interludes at the ending of songs throughout the album instead of making them individual tracks. 4.5/5

02. Death To You - Prevail, Ill Bill and Slaine kill this beat. I'm finally coming to the realization that Vinnie Paz sounds horrible these days, and his shout outs just back up how retarded he sounds. Once you get pass Madchild, the song takes off. Decent track overall. 4/5

03. Bax War - Has a weird beat but Prevail definitely kills the chorus. 3.5/5

04. King Of Diamonds - I can see how the typical SM fan would like this track, but I don't really care for it. The beat sounds like it's off the album Heavy. 3/5

05. Juggernaut - For me, this track has no replay value. I'm not sure what type of genre they would trying to appeal too. Experimental? Nonetheless, Prevail sounds good these days. 2/5

06. The Difference - This track has a Sweatshop Union feel to it. This song kind of reaffirms that Madchild is lacking substance in his lyrics throughout most of this album. 3/5

07. River Monster - Alright for a couple listens, but not making the ipod. 2.5/5

08. Mercenary - This song sounds more like from SM fans are use too. 3.5/5

09. Colossal Beasts - This song is just kind of a mess and the beat hurts the brain. 2/5

10. Almost Famous - Alright track. 3/5

11. Death Warrant - These beat is flames. Something about piano sampling in tracks that usually make them sound great (Motherless Child, I Can, Duel of the Iron Mic, Shimmy Shimmy Ya). The sample actually sounds really familiar, just can't place where I've heard it before. 4.5/5.

12. Fear - Snak the Ripper lol? At first, I thought he might be a trust fund baby like Esoteric to be getting all the features and producers on his albums. But then again, R.A. the Rugged Man, Onyx, and Snowgoons will work with anyone. 3.5/5

The more I listen to the album, some tracks definitely grow on you. It's a 3/5 album imo. Definitely still closer to the bottom of their discography.

Last edited by madchild; 03-27-2013 at 12:29 PM.
madchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:02 PM   #3
Brayden
The Essence

Brayden crouching tiger

I threw a review for it up on the blog last week. The album is dope. Probably my favorite SM album since Balance (which is a personal classic).

The Essence of Rap & Hip-Hop: Swollen Members - Beautiful Death Machine (Review)
Brayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:09 AM   #4
hashashin
Be Seeing You

hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Good reviews, thanks for posting!

I liked Dagger Mouth but didn't like the one before it, Armed to the Teeth. Never heard of Snak the Ripper before now but yeah, they could have left his verse off the album lol! Don't mind it only having 12 tracks on cos like you said, they're all good without any filler, interludes could have been separate tracks but it's a minor complaint lol
hashashin is offline   Reply With Quote