news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 10-19-2005, 09:29 PM   #1
noel411
The ABBOTT

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Is religion man's most ridiculous creation?

You can just vote if you want, or feel free to add any comments.

I sat down and thought about it for a minute, and decided that my answer would be "yes". I didn't really need to though, I came to a subconcious conclusion about this a long time ago.

There is simply no other form of man made lunacy that can compete on such a large scale.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:34 PM   #2
CydonianArtifact

CydonianArtifact grasshopper
Default Re: Is religion man's most ridiculous creation?

Well, it was a great invention for those that created it to control the sheep ...

l"C.A: Polophony entrances, sound guides your nemesis..."l
CydonianArtifact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 09:35 PM   #3
LHX
healthy merking

LHX drunken mastaLHX drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to LHX

the moment the first lie was told

was the beginning of the end
Old 10-19-2005, 09:35 PM   #4
Koolish
Don't Mess With It

Koolish drunken mastaKoolish drunken masta
Default Go

I know, the only purpose for religion is purely, to ruin everything in everyone's lives.

It's based on fear, propaganda, lies, and secrecy. What truth lies in there?

Like, 500 years ago, life wasn't that different than it was now, why were people so much more religious then? What did they do so differently in their lives that they saw religion as an answer?

It's too bad I'm religious, otherwise I would have committed suicide three times now.

Man's most ridiculous creation: is us. The young men/women of society, those who have been given keyboards and responsibility to form opinions not from experience, but from whatever the hell else we've read.
________
Gay fucking

Last edited by Koolish; 03-24-2011 at 12:16 PM.
Koolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 09:36 PM   #5
Os3y3ris
Veteran Member

Os3y3ris shaolin monk

Its pretty bad, but my friend bought his girl a stuffed animal named something-chan, I forgot the name, thats a dolphin dressed in a removable bunny suit. The Japanese win by armbar.
Os3y3ris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 09:36 PM   #6
hellbound
since birth...

hellbound grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to hellbound

yes it is, but there are some relgions that don't have any fictional characters/places
Old 10-19-2005, 09:36 PM   #7
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I put no.

Religions can today be said "a prison of wisdom" (dont attack me for this....it was a thread here before I have a neutral stance to the statement)

But religions throughout history did a lot of contributions to society. it is hard to imagine where humans would be without it.

Prolifical ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 09:38 PM   #8
LHX
healthy merking

LHX drunken mastaLHX drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to LHX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolifical ENG
I put no.

Religions can today be said "a prison of wisdom" (dont attack me for this....it was a thread here before I have a neutral stance to the statement)

But religions throughout history did a lot of contributions to society. it is hard to imagine where humans would be without it.
yeah

they contributed 2 for every 7 they took
Old 10-19-2005, 09:42 PM   #9
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHX
yeah

they contributed 2 for every 7 they took
yeah there are some negatives....

but when some natures of the universe wasnt known, what was the authorities in societies supposed to tell the people?

"WTF are those little light dots up in the sky when its dark?????"

"no one knows....but dont make up bullshit until it is known for sure"

"OMFG" *chaos*

Prolifical ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 06:27 AM   #10
noel411
The ABBOTT

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
This is a concept I have often contemplated. It fascinates me to imagine no religions had even been introduced into society. It's a really interesting idea to ponder, when you consider that the whole concept of religion might have never been considered. I mean humans surely would have known nothing about where we came from, and what happens when we die, back when the concept of religion was introduced, and we still know nothing about either of the two. We have some suggestive scientific research, but nothing conclusive. But wow, look what we've all come to accept as a way of life, and concluded to have legitimate standings as a theory of spirituality!

Somewhere along the way somebody, or more likely a group of people, managed to convince others to follow what I imagine to have been some loosely based beliefs, and look where we are now..........A good part of the world now adheres to these beliefs, or variations of them, and a very good portion of them don't even know why, nor do they know the first thing about their prescribed religion. It's nuts! Then to make it even worse, these groups bicker amongst each other, as if their beliefs are more valid or relevant than the next variation of the original belief, and even go as far as to kill each other based on their beliefs. Wow! How did this happen? Crazy shit indeed.

It's hard, in fact impossible, to determine how the world would be without religion. Humans are naturally scumbags and ignorant selfish fools, so we surely would have come up with some other form of lunacy to waste our time on, divide us, and argue over. The world may or may not be in a better state. Nobody knows, nor will anybody ever know.

The thing that really fascinates me is how religion was able to form, and spread to what it is today. An intriguing thought indeed.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:01 AM   #11
WU-KILLAH
Commando Ultra

WU-KILLAH grasshopper

Weapons is the most fuckin ridiculous and desastrous creation.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:10 AM   #12
noel411
The ABBOTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by WU-KILLAH
Weapons is the most fuckin ridiculous and desastrous creation.
Not at all a bad suggestion. I have pondered this before, and discussed it with others. In particular I consider guns to be up there as one of man's most ridiculous creations. I truly do hate the fucken things, most people who carry them, and even more so people who use them.

Religion still takes the cake for me though.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:56 AM   #13
Prince Rai
Writing verses in S9

Prince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolifical ENG
I put no.

scrollin down and i saw this..

i agree..

i answered no but wud have appreciated the choice of yes and no!

when we say religion we think...

CHRISTIANITY ISLAM JUDAISM mainly... and the stereotypes of CHRISTIANITY mailny to brand religion as some contradictional entity...

not all religions are what they seem.. they are way of life to HELP people and GUIDE people....

there are millions of so called religions...most of them a mere way of lifes tho...

ie...

i wake up inda mornin prepare to go uni.. i go lunch... be with mates.. come back home sleepp

thats a religion... because i am BOUND to what i do regularly!!

life needs some sort of guidance and the word guidance is not an evil one.. but one for interpretauion!

peace and blessingz

Inject the Lyrical Venom of Section 9
Prince Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 08:49 AM   #14
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

i voted no but i've chnaged my mind to yes.

religion is about ritualism which is supposed to make one better than another if they practice this sort of thing or another. its more about reforming people then enlightening people and thats where the problem lies.

if all men were really created equal then religion is supposed to connect us with that. instead its used to show superiority based on following rules and rituals. it does not give the us knowledge of ourselves, our creator, and creation.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 10:44 AM   #15
froth
Yacub grafted me

froth crouching tigerfroth crouching tiger
Send a message via MSN to froth

no