news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 04-12-2011, 02:09 PM   #1
manhattan360
SLIMEY SAVAGE

manhattan360 iron monkeymanhattan360 iron monkeymanhattan360 iron monkeymanhattan360 iron monkeymanhattan360 iron monkey
Default Flamboyant Entertainment Remasters Big L – “The Danger Zone” Available May 31st

check out the What I’m About” Feat. Lord Finesse audio here
to download and stream

Visit the Site Peace
http://www.themathhattan.com/
manhattan360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:04 PM   #2
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

YESS!!! now this is what the fuck I wanna hear, i was hyped about that "Return of the Devil's Son" and the sound quality on even the lesser rare tracks was so bad it was embarassing. i was 100% confident i was gonna buy that record but once i heard it (thank god for the internet), a BIG PASS!!!

this is definitely what the hardcore Big L fans wants. i really, really hope they include mastered CDQ versions of the 4 tracks that was deleted from "Lifestylez Ov...", "Devils Son", "Times is Hard", "Clinic" and the other which i can't think of the name right now. the cover looks more professional than that "D.S." compilation too, altho i'm sure they won't find any grafix awards anytime soon hehe.

thx a million for posting, i'ma post this on my blog now but i give you a shoutout!

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:45 PM   #3
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by claaa7 @ The Lost Tapes
Following last years dissapointing "Return Of The Devil's Son" put together by L's younger brother and sounding abolutely amazing on paper. Problem was that the sound quality was absolutely horrible, it sounded like a cassette rip ripped to a low VBR and on top of that they renamed several songs to get L fans to think the album contained previously unreleased material, which it didn't, save for maybe a couple of freestyles. I was so hyped when I heard about that project, to finally get tracks like "Devil's Son", "Timez If Hard On The Boulevard", "Clinic (Shoulda Used A Rubba), "School Dayz", "Principle of the New School", etc. After I downloaded the leak to get a sneek peak i ended up never buying the album and will not do so either.

Lucky for us Flamboyant Entertainment (in conjunction with the Coleman estate) is putting together a proper and official Big L's "rare and unreleased" tracks, but this time newly remastered and in CDQ if possible which just made my day. It will feature classic tracks that didn't make "Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous" or "The Big Picture" plua some remastered classic freestyles (please include the nine minutes Jay-Z/Big L freestyle session from 1995 on Stretch & Bobbito).

The album will be released on May 31 this year and I've just sarted counting the days, but in the meantime we already got the first "single" from the project - which is a remastered take on the Lord Finesse / Big L collaboration (one of his first), 1992s "You Know What I'm About" - a track recorded for the "Tresspass Soundtrack"but the label didn't want any unknown rappers on there and Finesse had to record a solo version instead, and it took a few years before this leaked.. Listening to it now though and this is by far the best version I ever heard of it before, it sounds a little raw but hey, it was recorded in '92 and never officially released so what could you expect. If the rest of the album sounds this good this is truly a MUST-HAVE! Can't wait to see the full tracklisting.

Shouts to
The Manhattan.com for the link and parts of the info, much props! Also thanks to Manhattan 360 for putting me on to the article.

....in the meantime we already got the first "single" from the project - which is a remastered take on the Lord Finesse / Big L collaboration (one of his first), 1992s "You Know What I'm About" - a track recorded for the "Tresspass Soundtrack"but the label didn't want any unknown rappers on there and Finesse had to record a solo version instead, and it took a few years before this leaked.. Listening to it now though and this is by far the best version I ever heard of it before, it sounds a little raw but hey, it was recorded in '92 and never officially released so what could you expect. If the rest of the album sounds this good this is truly a MUST-HAVE! Can't wait to see the full tracklisting.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:42 PM   #4
bch

bch grasshopper

This album is on spotify, don't know if this been said before, far before 31st. Or am i wrong?
bch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 03:43 PM   #5
Poet_Laureate
85 %ER

Poet_Laureate crouching tiger

anything Big L is godly
Poet_Laureate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 04:40 PM   #6
Memory Man
Studio Gangster

Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
[/COLOR]

....in the meantime we already got the first "single" from the project - which is a remastered take on the Lord Finesse / Big L collaboration (one of his first), 1992s "You Know What I'm About" - a track recorded for the "Tresspass Soundtrack"but the label didn't want any unknown rappers on there and Finesse had to record a solo version instead, and it took a few years before this leaked.. Listening to it now though and this is by far the best version I ever heard of it before, it sounds a little raw but hey, it was recorded in '92 and never officially released so what could you expect. If the rest of the album sounds this good this is truly a MUST-HAVE! Can't wait to see the full tracklisting.
it was released in good quality on this compilation:

http://www.amazon.com/Crates-Files-L.../dp/B0000C0FBL

if you don't have that comp i'd highly recommend it.
Memory Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:20 AM   #7
9th Chamber
PRODIGAL SUN

9th Chamber crouching tiger

Hey this comes out tomorrow. Can't wait to hear it!!
9th Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:04 AM   #8
IZA
CHICKEN HEAD

IZA Sinister snakeIZA Sinister snakeIZA Sinister snakeIZA Sinister snake

oh shit thanks

R.I.P Big L
IZA is offline   Reply With Quote