news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Sound Shack

Old 09-18-2010, 08:34 AM   #1
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default anyone heard the new Bilal album?

this has had so bad promotion it's not even funny but i read somewhere that it's been released. Bilal is one of my favorite modern soul singers, he always kill his guest spots on hip-hop songs (especially his work with Common stands out to me; tracks like "6th Sense", "The People", "Misunderstood", etc.). his debut album from 2001, "1st Born Second", is an amazing album and one of the best soul albums in the 2000s if you ask me - he really proved he's very versatile on there, everything from sugar sweet soul tracks to Dr. Dre produced hip-hop bangers to sing over and experimental songs like the title track. i wonder if his new album is as good tho, it's been 10 years since his debut and i have no clue what producers he's worked with on this one either. any info is appreciated and if you have listened drop a little review please.

otherwise just use the thread to give Bilal a little appreciation:

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:07 AM   #2
LONDON!
PRODIGAL SUN

LONDON! crouching tiger

co-sign this, that brother has a unique, very soulful voice, his first album was sick, a lot of classics on there

i don't get why a lot of neo soul type albums don't be getting the proper promotion they deserve, i think its got to do wit the fact a lot of those artists are on underground independents so they probably don't have a lot of bread for promotion for obvious reasons, its a sad situation all around, but i'll look out for this album, because i didn't even no he dropped a new album either

here's some other heads i want to hear some albums from thats from the same cloth or i have soulful voices that i would like to hear over neo soul type productions

jill scott
tweet
d'angelo
blue rasberry
tekitha
faith evans
anthony hamilton
amel larrieux(the lead singer from groove theory, she's released a lot of decent independent albums)
zhane
india arie
angie stone
davina(she came out wit that best of both world's album on loud from 98, that featured rae on one of her tracks)
raheem devaughn
eyrkah badu
raphael saddiq
lina(she had that 'playa no more' classical music type vibe production, but street back in the day and released a decent album too)
adriana evans(she had a soulful jazz influenced album on loud back in the day)
k-ci(from jodeci)
LONDON! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:08 AM   #3
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

didnt know he had one out, he fell off though thats what i do know. actually les fell offmore never actually lived up to his promise at all
Old 04-23-2011, 02:46 PM   #4
Taskmaster2112
PRODIGAL SUN

Taskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killa

"Airtight's Revenge" was dope as hell. Flying Lotus directed the video for "Levels", which is my favorite song on the album. The video is cool too.

Taskmaster2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:35 PM   #5
djskillz
Raggamuffin

djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

yeah i got it. i haven't gave it a full listen yet though. might give it a spin tonight.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted
djskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:33 AM   #6
JASPER BEARDLY
Fan of the real

JASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of fury

thanks for that list london i look forward to going thru it

what u guys think of this album
JASPER BEARDLY is offline   Reply With Quote