news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 01-21-2013, 02:43 AM   #76
immaculate

8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLE View Post
maaaaaan. i watch this flick erday. how can u not ge tired of the jew hunter and django kill whitey? he whipped the brakes off that 1st contract. LOL
there are subtleties that a person of color, especially blacks, pick up from this movie that fly over the head of non-color people. this is the "missing dialogue" teq mentioned. much of the meat is in what is unsaid. because black folk can relate to the characters on a deeper level cause we are still echoing them.

its a black thing i guess. i get the feeling that tarantino made this movie for us. becaue he knew if it didnt resonate with us then it would be an epic fail.
Examples?

8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:35 AM   #77
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^^that's funny. I thought about asking the same thing, but feared retribution for being an ignant cracker.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:57 AM   #78
immaculate

8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
^^^that's funny. I thought about asking the same thing, but feared retribution for being an ignant cracker.
Wanna check if i caught them (being white).

Old 01-21-2013, 07:45 PM   #79
Jeru
Non Ignorant

Jeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of fury
Send a message via AIM to Jeru Send a message via MSN to Jeru

Just watched it.
It was good...but too long for my taste...the ending could have been shorter.

People are talking about the new trend sucking the life out of movies is 3D.
While I acknowledge that 3D is overused...the trend that irritates me the most is that movies nowadays are required to be 2 and a half hours long or longer.
I've had the same problem with TDKR (overrated and too long).
The ending to Django could have been cut short and all I could think of was that the ending was just QT not knowing when to stop.
You have a great movie in Django...why make it 20 minutes too long?

That's just my opinion, it's a good movie, but I wouldn't put it over Jackie Brown (my favorite QT movie) but it's definatly better than Basterds.

On another note...people are hailing Waltz performance and while it is a good performance it seemed to me like an extension of his jew hunter in Basterds (the quiet, non menacing aspect of that character). It's a good performance but I rate Dicaprio and Jackson's performances higher.

Again just my opinion

Winner of The Masta Killa Award 2007
New and Improved Cool List : Everybody
The Cool List name and product is protected under the laws of I used it first.All rights reserved
Jeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:13 PM   #80
immaculate

Disagree on the running time thing.
Agree on DiCaprio.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:05 AM   #81
immaculate

Didn't know that DiCaprio's cut in the table scene was real and he didn't break the take and just went on, smearing real blood into Washington's face. Now THAT's dedication. Great actor.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:15 PM   #82
Jin10304
Veteran Member

Jin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venoms

Run time being that long is founded considering ticket prices, it makes it worth my money instead of some 1:30 bullshit.
Jin10304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:21 PM   #83
Jeru
Non Ignorant

Jeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
Run time being that long is founded considering ticket prices, it makes it worth my money instead of some 1:30 bullshit.
True, ticket prices are high as hell, but I'd rather watch a good 1:30 minute movie than be bored out of my mind watching a 2:45 minute piece of shit

The Cool List name and product is protected under the laws of I used it first.All rights reserved
Old 01-22-2013, 02:36 PM   #84
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

It was absolutely too long. I can think of about half a dozen scenes that are useless and could have been cut. This is what happens when you give a director free reign to do whatever he wants.

Although amusing, the bags on heads scene was completely unnecessary. It was Tarantino's way of displaying ignorance, but it came off too slapstick to be considered serious at all.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:11 PM   #85
Jeru
Non Ignorant

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
It was absolutely too long. I can think of about half a dozen scenes that are useless and could have been cut. This is what happens when you give a director free reign to do whatever he wants.

Although amusing, the bags on heads scene was completely unnecessary. It was Tarantino's way of displaying ignorance, but it came off too slapstick to be considered serious at all.
I thought that scene worked really well...it provided a bit of levity wich at that point in the movie, IMO, was needed.
The movie could've ended affter the first shoot out at Candyland.
Everything after that seemed to me to be an excuse to run the movie longer just so QT could have his (weak) cameo and so the audience could see:
a) Jamie Foxx' dick
b) see it being rubbed off by that Moonlight dude

The ending as it is now could've easily been fitted after the first shoot out 'cause when you look at it...it's the same stuff we've seen a half an hour ago at Candyland...big shoot out, people getting blown to bits. The only thing I'd leave in is Sam Jackson's scene...

Again, all just opinions

Old 01-22-2013, 03:21 PM   #86
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

your opinions are terrible, there's nothing wrong with the length...it's entertaining the entire time
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:52 PM   #87
Jeru
Non Ignorant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Simon Hurt View Post
your opinions are terrible, there's nothing wrong with the length...it's entertaining the entire time
Don't call my opinions terrible 'cause they're not the same as yours.
I bring up arguements to back up my own personal opinion.

You liked the length? Good for you, I'm happy you enjoyed it.
I enjoyed it too, it's just not a perfect film

Old 01-22-2013, 04:31 PM   #88
Jin10304
Veteran Member

Jin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venoms

Doesn't need to be perfect in order for it to be good. The whole 2:45 was entertaining as hell, but again thats IMO.
Jin10304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:01 PM   #89
Tage
John W. Henry

Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

d'Artagnon, motherfucker!
Old 01-27-2013, 06:59 PM   #90
PANDA PISS
I Radiate Distinction

PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to PANDA PISS

Tarantino could make his films 10 hours long and i wouldnt get bored. He just has that midas touch.

Ranking this with his other flicks, i'd put pulp fiction, inglorious and jackie brown above it. I may have to watch it again though it was long enough that to watch in 2 sittings and i was pretty high both times
PANDA PISS is offline   Reply With Quote