news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 05-02-2011, 08:30 AM   #1
Inspektah Meth-Tical

Default Inspectah Deck vs Black Thought

All albums and shit aside, who is the better skilled rapper?
Old 05-02-2011, 08:34 AM   #2
g_flex
The Dark Matter

g_flex shaolin monk
Send a message via MSN to g_flex Send a message via Yahoo to g_flex

Black Thought.....

And I'ma remain in the scene and reign supreme and go to many extremes by any means
g_flex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:40 AM   #3
corky831
Veteran Member

corky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of fury

Black Thought.....he never fell off, Deck did
Old 05-02-2011, 08:41 AM   #4
corky831
Veteran Member

corky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of fury

not many could fuck with Deck in his prime though
Old 05-02-2011, 08:48 AM   #5
g_flex
The Dark Matter

g_flex shaolin monk
Send a message via MSN to g_flex Send a message via Yahoo to g_flex

Black thought goes hard as always and the recent Masters of Our Fate seals it..

And I'ma remain in the scene and reign supreme and go to many extremes by any means
g_flex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:44 AM   #6
THUGNIFICENT
Eff Grandad

THUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venoms

If we're just talking about cypher emceeing and shit, it could go either way. Both have technical flows, lots of multies, pointed delivery etc. But beyond that, I gotta go with Black Thought. As good as Deck is when he's flexing his lyricist muscles, BT is - in my opinion - one of the great pure emcees of all time, and knows how to rhyme about shit in a way that is appealing to my eardrums. 99% of the time he does this; Deck like 40%. That's what it comes down to.

THAT BEING SAID, I think Deck on "Above the Clouds" is the best singular verse either of them has ever produced to this point. Make of that what you will
THUGNIFICENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:23 AM   #7
J.T.S.
God Of WAr

J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Deck in his prime with written verses, but with battling or freestyling black thought!

My evidence, my own testament, written on wood
Twelve tribes layin at the head of corners in hoods
Hell razah
J.T.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:23 AM   #8
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threyev View Post
If we're just talking about cypher emceeing and shit, it could go either way. Both have technical flows, lots of multies, pointed delivery etc. But beyond that, I gotta go with Black Thought.
This.
-Archetype

GhettoGnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:11 PM   #9
food for thought
Duppy Conquerer

Location: SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR
food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Black thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKAMPOE View Post
I Step in the place
with Armed conflict and occupational sweat on my face,

food for thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:40 PM   #10
Miliato
meet me in the lobby

Miliato prodigal sonMiliato prodigal sonMiliato prodigal sonMiliato prodigal sonMiliato prodigal sonMiliato prodigal son

this could have been an argument in the mid-late 90's. Now though, Black Thought takes this 100%. Deck sucks now...his flow is so boring and he's not rhyming anything good. he's average at best now. I dont understand how someone can go from so good to so dull.
Miliato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:21 PM   #11
Poet_Laureate
85 %ER

Poet_Laureate crouching tiger

Black Thought
Poet_Laureate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:44 PM   #12
CEITEDMOFO
DuncanHine Monument Cakes

CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

DECK WAS ILLER AT HIS PRIME BUT BLACK THOUGHT STOOD DOPE
ALTHOUGH DECK COMES BACK ONCE IN AWHILE A DROPS BANGER VERSES LIKE THIS

CEITEDMOFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:04 PM   #13
Taskmaster2112
PRODIGAL SUN

Taskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEITEDMOFO View Post
DECK WAS ILLER AT HIS PRIME BUT BLACK THOUGHT STOOD DOPE
ALTHOUGH DECK COMES BACK ONCE IN AWHILE A DROPS BANGER VERSES LIKE THIS
Damn, I've never heard that song before. Deck's verse is dope as hell. Those two guys that aren't Deck or Sean Price aren't too good though.
Taskmaster2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:15 AM   #14
JASPER BEARDLY
Fan of the real

JASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of fury

if i had to choose black thought

that 15 minute freestyle he did on j dilla and puns bdays where q tip was shellshockd into spitting the whackest verse is classic

RIP
JASPER BEARDLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:18 AM   #15
Paranoid
-

Paranoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of fury

deck