news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop > Album reviews

View Poll Results: What would you give Goblin?
1- Shitty 4 10.00%
2- Mediocre 8 20.00%
3- Good 11 27.50%
4- Banger 10 25.00%
5- Masterpiece 7 17.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2011, 08:11 PM   #31
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

I was kinda disappointed. I thought 'Bastard' was a better album, a minor classic even. Having said that this ain't a bad album, its pretty much what you'd expect and its consistent too, no tracks that are wack just a few mediocre ones. It might grow on me more but I'll say 4/5 for now.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:22 PM   #32
RADIOACTIVE MAN
Alphomega man

RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

thats my boyyy. i love this kids state of mind and music , no homo.. and i dont care how many people hate on him

astro eden"- the new album,get it here
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pbnrft
RADIOACTIVE MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:48 PM   #33
ShaDynasty

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^^ Its cliched to say but it seems like playerhating on Tyler. Beyond just personal taste peoples only valid criticism is that he doesn't have the best flow in the world, which really doesn't mean shit in terms of making good music. Sure it can help but its not essential.

I've only been listening to OF for the last month or so and I immediately consider myself a big fan, this was the first album I bought in months (I need Section 80 but I'm tryna get a hard copy). This is definitely one of the best albums so far this year. I'm listening to it again now. This guys beats are killer, sort of jazzy but electro, crisp drums. Tyler is just getting into his stride lyrically but like I said before its the type of shit I like.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:46 AM   #34
bad boy T
MC Definition

bad boy T shaolin monk

Tyler the creator is bringing real Hip Hop back after this Lil Wayne bullshit, so big up and props to him.
bad boy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:10 AM   #35
OntheHorizon
PRODIGAL SUN

OntheHorizon iron monkeyOntheHorizon iron monkeyOntheHorizon iron monkey

Couldnt get into it, I read all the reviews and just wound up standing there thinking "This is it??". Havent heard his first album yet, not really planning on it, first impressions are hard to get rid of and this album made me feel like the kid was wasting my time

I agree with what someone said earlier, you have to have a sense of humor to pull off this kind of Shock rap thing effectively and he just doesnt have it. People were telling me this kid was a throwback to old school Eminem, then I listened and didnt laugh once, more like a throwback to Old School Esham.

Plus, On a personal level, his whole Anti-Religion thing gets on my nerves, I'm not exactly a choir boy but If there's one thing that annoys me more then Religion its Anti Religion , Some dude walking around shoving the fact that he's an Athiest in everyone's face is just as irritating as a Jehovah's witness knocking on your door at 8 AM
OntheHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:26 AM   #36
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^ and you got no problem with wu-tang making islamic references on every track?

anyways, i heard most of the album and thought the 'bastard' album was much better

i like the laid back tracks he does a lot more than the inyourface joints though and bastard had more of those
i still gotta give it another listen too i haven't really been spinning any hip hop lately
Old 08-07-2011, 10:21 PM   #37
Lex Lugor
Parcheesi faced

Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I like the previously skipped tracks a little bit more with every single listen.

I hate all the hype, pretty much all the rest of the odd future rappers, all tylers hipster jokes, and how they're those obnoxious type of kids who call everything 'old'. I do just really like this album though. I already want the next one lol, nigga better top this one like he says he will.

4 BANGER
Get your grammy tyler! Your well on your way son.

Lex Lugor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:50 AM   #38
Twiztid-Wutang
Veteran Member

Twiztid-Wutang five deadly venomsTwiztid-Wutang five deadly venomsTwiztid-Wutang five deadly venomsTwiztid-Wutang five deadly venomsTwiztid-Wutang five deadly venomsTwiztid-Wutang five deadly venomsTwiztid-Wutang five deadly venomsTwiztid-Wutang five deadly venomsTwiztid-Wutang five deadly venomsTwiztid-Wutang five deadly venoms

Re-written review below

Last edited by Twiztid-Wutang; 08-16-2011 at 09:20 AM.
Twiztid-Wutang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:34 PM   #39
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

yeah, thats cute.

but tyler is a fuckin rakim level mc compared to icp or any of those soulless, rhythmless crackers on their label. <<<< true fact

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:37 PM   #40
ShaDynasty

twiztid is a cunt
Old 08-10-2011, 03:54 AM   #41
Holocaust
SHAOLIN STUDENT

Holocaust crouching tiger

its alright but it aint fuckin with bastard
Old 08-10-2011, 10:25 PM   #42
BLACK BART SIMPSON
Veteran Member

BLACK BART SIMPSON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)BLACK BART SIMPSON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)BLACK BART SIMPSON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)BLACK BART SIMPSON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)BLACK BART SIMPSON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)BLACK BART SIMPSON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)BLACK BART SIMPSON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)BLACK BART SIMPSON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)BLACK BART SIMPSON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)BLACK BART SIMPSON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)BLACK BART SIMPSON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiztid_wutang View Post
1)Goblin (intro)- Not much substance here, its an intro with lyrics
5/10

2)Yonkers- I was one of the cats, NOT impressed by the track. Beyond the beat, its not impressive
4/10

3) Radicals: The beat is sweet, Lyrics alright. Nothing new to me.
7/10

4) She: Some drool over Frank, He's not all that great to me. Has a 90's feel with the beat. Lyrics are boring
5/10

5) Translyvania: The BEST song on here, not that it means much. But its a great.
8/10

6) Nightmare: Bored the shit outta me. Bad attempt in being horrorcore.
4/10

7) Tron Cat: Typical attention wanting horrorcore type lyrics
4/10

8) Her: I swear, Em and MANY others did this stuff better
3/10

9) Sandwiches: Okay track, I dig the beat
5/10

10) Fish: Boring track. Dark, and I dig that
6/10

11) Analog: Not replayable, Boring as hell
0/10
12) Bitch suck my dick: Fuck outta here.
2/10

13) Window: Okay song. Boring lyrics
4/10

14)AU79:2nd best track, and theres NO lyrics
8/10

15) Golden: A good track, though just horrorcore stuff Ive heard from Esham YEARS ago
6/10

71/150

It may seem low, but Im not a fan of his OR odd future. And honestly, his ''style'' and all that is NOT new to me. Ive listened to Horrorcore for YEARS, to most its special, to me, its been done before, AND alot better
Quote:
Originally Posted by main_man View Post
yeah, thats cute.

but tyler is a fuckin rakim level mc compared to icp or any of those soulless, rhythmless crackers on their label. <<<< true fact
thanks main man now i dont have to type all that lol @ this nigga twizted hatin
BLACK BART SIMPSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:39 PM   #43
RADIOACTIVE MAN
Alphomega man

RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i havent heard the bastard album just yet,someone post up a DL link ,if i like it,ill buy it

astro eden"- the new album,get it here
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pbnrft
RADIOACTIVE MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:50 PM   #44
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

Quote:
Originally Posted by graveyard_shifter View Post
i havent heard the bastard album just yet,someone post up a DL link ,if i like it,ill buy it

All the albums before Goblin are for free. They re-released Mellow Hype's album for sale but thats it.

Here is Bastard

http://www.mediafire.com/?dfz05k83da1zmn8
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:28 PM   #45
Twiztid-Wutang
Veteran Member

Twiztid-Wutang five deadly venomsTwiztid-Wutang five deadly venomsTwiztid-Wutang five deadly venomsTwiztid-Wutang five deadly venomsTwiztid-Wutang five deadly venomsTwiztid-Wutang five deadly venomsTwiztid-Wutang five deadly venomsTwiztid-Wutang five deadly venomsTwiztid-Wutang five deadly venomsTwiztid-Wutang five deadly venoms

And, like most dick riders. They can't respect others opinions. And like children, to show their lack of testicles, throw the ''Hater'' band aid out there to prove how immature they are.

Twiztid, is in my name, yes, BUT, They are not my top fav rappers. You people just look for lame ways to disrespect someone online since you DON'T know me, you do so by screen name.

Bottom line, I don't like Tyler, I listened to that shit album just to see if maybe the hype that cock sucks give him is accurate, and its not, in my view. Like this dude if you want to, just don't expect everyone else to be sheep.

That is all
Twiztid-Wutang is offline   Reply With Quote