news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 05-12-2011, 12:57 PM   #1
buckshotstheone
Legend

buckshotstheone shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to buckshotstheone
Default What's up with the J. Cole album?

Today I look at why J. Cole's album doesn't even have a release date yet and what's been holding it up...

http://www.reppghhiphop.com/2011/05/...-j-cole-album/

Quote:
J. Cole been on the radar for a minute. A few mixtapes and a couple nice guest appearances and it’s safe to say he’s one of the most anticipated artists of 2011. So how come we don’t have a release date yet for his album? How long is it gonna take before we even get a single? For an artist to be this hyped and take this long to give us a solid project, especially in today’s fast paced climate of hip hop, is not a good entrance to the game. The longer the time passes, the harder it will be for him to live up to expectations.

Recent rumors have swirled that Jay-Z isn’t happy with how long it’s taking for Cold World to hit the streets, and while the young artist has claimed his album is done and ready to go, that doesn’t seem to be the case since we haven’t even gotten a single. For an artist making his break into the game, a single is the most essential element of getting a chance to drop an album. Look at Wiz Khalifa, a couple mixtapes and there was a buzz, then “Black and Yellow” made him explode onto the scene (pause) and shortly after that he released his debut album. Without that smash single from J. Cole is there even gonna be an album?

At this point it ain’t about how talented he is on the mic or on production, it’s can he make a hit. This ain’t an independent label run, and he ain’t a household name that can sell off the strength of an already developed fanbase. This is a rookie, a rookie needs to make that splash in order to keep going in the game. Is the next big thing incapable of giving us something to remember him by? Sure Friday Night Lights was a good mixtape but it didn’t last long, and that shit dropped a while ago too. Where’s the album?

I’d love to see this kid succeed. Along with his incredible verse on Jay’s last album he also held his own amongst the titans on “Just Begun” (as a side note this entire article can be applied to Jay Electronica too at this point) so it’s clear Cole has the potential to be one of the greats. Not only is he sharp with the pen but he can produce too, and really damn well at that. Imagine a debut album, from a solo artist, that’s also entirely produced by that artist? But time is running out, Maino suffered from having his album drop a year after the single, but Cole ain’t even got a single, so his time ticking even faster.

In hip hop the next best thing comes along every 5 minutes. Last year conscious lyric rap was “in” again with Kanye’s G.O.O.D. Fridays as well as his crew of signed artists, Reflection Eternal gave us another solid album, the Roots dropped a classic, the music was soulful. But 2011 has brought us the rise of Odd Future, so-called ignorant rap is getting hype again so can J. Cole compete in this environment with his deep thought provoking more somber style? I just hope we get a single soon, and then an album, cause right now it looks like he may have been a rookie bust for the Roc Nation franchise, which last time I checked has dropped one album, and that was by its owner.
buckshotstheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:12 PM   #2
Frank Sobotka
Veteran Member

Frank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venoms

tl;dr;you're a faggot.

J. Cole's album isn't out yet because Jay-Z isn't sure it will sell well.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:29 AM   #3
EQ the GOD

EQ the GOD crouching tiger

Just checked ur Twitter link in ur sig to see how much a fag you are.

1. You hate Eminem but stole his exact hair cut. lol
2."You know you can get that shit for free right? Its 2011. Paying for music is faggot shit"......That's a disturbing tweet coming from someone who claims they really support hip-hop and blog about it.
EQ the GOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:41 AM   #4
THUGNIFICENT
Eff Grandad

THUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venoms

Everybody in this thread -- myself included -- lost.
THUGNIFICENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:28 AM   #5
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Out of curiosity... How many readers do you get on your blog a week?

GhettoGnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:46 AM   #6
buckshotstheone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoGnom View Post
Out of curiosity... How many readers do you get on your blog a week?
haven't gotten stats in a while but the site itself gets usually gets over 30,000 hits per month. some articles get more hits than others depending on the topic (for those that think people are sick of that bullshit pop culture gossip hip hop nonsense....numbers don't lie, when i talk about history and reminisce or bring up an artist from the past, no one clicks, but i talk about Soulja Boy sniffing coke and the hit count skyrockets).

all the hate comes from here, a minor amount actually makes it to the site, but yall mafuckas are ruthless on here hahahahaha of course i know that though since a lot of wu fans are like juggalos....can't fuck with anything besides that hardcore hip hop.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:48 PM   #7
angry!
Banned

angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

stop lying...

you dont get 30,000 hits a month...

i doubt youve gotten that many hits PERIOD....

if you get 30,000 hits a month...

you wouldve been PAST promoting that bullshit on here!!!!!!!!!!!!

its possible you have no idea how to monetize your website....

i mean...

i could see you being broke... living at home...

with a website gettin that many unique views PER DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

let me summarize why j cole album isnt out... real quick...

J COLE IS NOT A STAR
J COLE IS NOT PARTICULARLY TALENTED
J COLE IS NOT PARTICULARLY LIKABLE
J COLE LACKS POLISH
JAY-Z IS A STAR, AND RECOGNIZES THIS

J COLE doesnt have an identity... being a rapper that loves to rap... isnt an identity...
there is ZERO originality... and he doesnt improve on aything thats already been done... he doesnt specialize in ANYTHING... he doesnt have a sound as a producer.... his beats arent hitting....

if J COLE drops, his shit is gonna flop... and jay-z cant be having that...

jay-z made the mistake of signing an artist that WASNT READY!!!!!!!!!

and now he still isnt READY!!!!!!!!!!

if he was READY... his album woulda been rolled out on the strength of his BP3 feature...

but NOBODY CARES ABOUT THAT FEATURE/VERSE!!!!!!!!!!!

niggas are so desperate to find a star that can spit...

KEEP LOOKING... he aint it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
angry! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:03 PM   #8
buckshotstheone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry! View Post
J COLE IS NOT A STAR
J COLE IS NOT PARTICULARLY TALENTED
J COLE IS NOT PARTICULARLY LIKABLE
J COLE LACKS POLISH
JAY-Z IS A STAR, AND RECOGNIZES THIS

J COLE doesnt have an identity... being a rapper that loves to rap... isnt an identity...
there is ZERO originality... and he doesnt improve on aything thats already been done... he doesnt specialize in ANYTHING... he doesnt have a sound as a producer.... his beats arent hitting....

if J COLE drops, his shit is gonna flop... and jay-z cant be having that...
this is all true.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:06 PM   #9
main_man
corpin' while nude, bitch

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

what an amazing piece of whiteboy faggotry.

please, do yourself and all of us a favor and just stop.

blog about shit you know and relate to, like dave matthews band, asher roth, plain white bread & the taste of male genitalia. and take that shit the fuck somewhere else.

"Blessed be the Lord
Who believe any mess they read up on a message board
If so, I got bridges for the low low
Same bitch'll a go dry snitchin' to the popo"
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:43 PM   #10
THUGNIFICENT
Eff Grandad

THUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshotstheone View Post
haven't gotten stats in a while but the site itself gets usually gets over 30,000 hits per month. some articles get more hits than others depending on the topic (for those that think people are sick of that bullshit pop culture gossip hip hop nonsense....numbers don't lie, when i talk about history and reminisce or bring up an artist from the past, no one clicks, but i talk about Soulja Boy sniffing coke and the hit count skyrockets).
Get the FUCK out of here

Quote:
all the hate comes from here, a minor amount actually makes it to the site, but yall mafuckas are ruthless on here hahahahaha of course i know that though since a lot of wu fans are like juggalos....can't fuck with anything besides that hardcore hip hop.
It's not that I can't fuck with anything besides hardcore hip-hop. It's that your writing sucks and is an affront to both hip-hop and the English language. Please cease.
THUGNIFICENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 05:21 PM   #11
oldie
Hull's #1 Hip-Hop Fan!

oldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venoms

I'm looking forward to his album. I hLf agree with the guy above who said J.Cole got nothing unique. I can see his point, at first I thought J.Cole was just some new school weak shit rapper but then I actually listened to his music and he actually ain't that bad, I'd say his story telling is one of his finer points.

And whilst everyone else is commenting on thus guy's blogs, personally I don't see the point In them but each to their own

Aka. Living Proof
www.myspace.com/hiphop4infinite
oldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:10 PM   #12
ShaDynasty
Balance at all costs

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

J cole said last week that it would be out for September. I can see peoples point that he might not sell well. His mixtapes are kind of old school sounding. Hes gotta be one of the least commercial Hip Hop artists on a major. As for him sucking? I think hes pretty dope, his buzz has worn off now though. Hes not amazing, but his stuff has been solid so far.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:28 PM   #13
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldie View Post
I'm looking forward to his album. I hLf agree with the guy above who said J.Cole got nothing unique. I can see his point, at first I thought J.Cole was just some new school weak shit rapper but then I actually listened to his music and he actually ain't that bad, I'd say his story telling is one of his finer points.
With me, it was a bit opposite.. I heard The Warm Up and was blown away.. Since that, I feel like he's gotten a bit repetitive and quite frankly, a bit boring.

His story telling is good though, and he do got some sick straight-spitting tracks as well though, so I still got high hopes for the man.

Love the flows on this, funky as a motherfucker!

GhettoGnom is offline   Reply With Quote