news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 05-12-2011, 09:14 PM   #1
food for thought
Duppy Conquerer

Location: SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR
food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Short wu-international artical on WARCLOUD aka jesus christ reincarnated

i dont remember seeing this here so fuck it

Quote:
A name within this group that sparks a lot of response from fans is that of Warcloud aka Holocaust initially from the Black Knights. Over the past two to three years Wu-International has been trying to get an interview from him via his numerous contacts, forums, and people working with him and just when we thought we were close enough to do this, Warcloud got locked up early this year.

As a founding member of the West Coast Killa Beez movement with such a strong cult following, it was only logical to have the last week of this series dedicated to the artist with so many names and aliases, a man who has sparked so many controversies, questions and assumptions on Wu-Tang forums and possible the most talked about Killa Bee dead or alive outside the generals to date. Wu-International presents to you “Channel Warcloud Tribute Week”… dive in and find out some of the answers to the puzzles of Warcloud, read interviews from his close friends, associates and colleagues, read interesting reviews of some of his albums and get to hear some new, exclusive and unreleased projects and songs, Welcome to the Island of Dr. Warcloud... Enjoy!

^(lol)

Quote:
Born as Anthony Creston Brown from Long Beach, California, the artists known as Holocaust emerged from the group Black Knights with Crisis The Sharp Shooter, Rugged Monk and Doc Doom (RIP) and was signed with the RZA and taken into the Wu-Tang family tree.
Holocaust had a relatively conventional style in his early days with the group, his unique wordplay and use of metaphors made him easily recognisable amongst his peers, The RZA once said in an interview that Holocaust ripped a song off his Bobby Digital In Stereo

album so hard that he decided to change the song’s name and named it after Holocaust. Whilst a soloist at heart, Holocaust has been involved with numerous groups and with every project or songs he worked on came drastic changes such as display of different styles in flow, writing and delivery, which consequently also came with different names, alter egos and personas, all these will be broken down in different sections below.
With time Holocaust started working on solo material and abandoned the potentially offensive name and adopted Warcloud, he drastically changed his style to a more avant-garde, Ghostface-esque free association verse which gave birth to different names, alter egos and personas.

Styles:

Popular for his ultra-detailed multi-layered poetry and correct English pronunciations. Warcloud has evolved with time and has become hard to follow with his constant change of names with rhyme styles. Although his lyrics are still largely "multi-layered and ultra-detailed", his execution sometimes appears to be off-beat, rapid and unorthodox, something some fans love and others hate. This mainly new style is what he refers to as "free verse pattern" where rhyming is unnecessary and mostly sporadic. In his own words, he names this new rhyme style as "Mixed Forest Zone" (Warcloud), whereas his old style was referred to as "Old Jail Pyjama Room" (Holocaust), leaving styles displayed as Alcatraz, Robot Tank nameless to date or a fusion between both styles already mentioned. A critic once wrote that his new style is much more littered with an increasing use of clichés, metaphors and references to food, nursery rhymes, fables and other classic tales.

Names:

Holocaust and Warcloud are his most commonly known or used names especially by fans, however Warcloud has a generated a number of names over the years, some random new names and others a combination of existing names, here are some of the ones we are aware of;

Alcatraz,
Architect,
Dr. Killgrave,
Drugstore Cowboy,
Frank Holocaustal,
Holocaust,
Mr. Appleby,
Trembling Eagle,
Warcloud,
Robot Tank,
Signs Of Hell's Winter

and much more….

Groups:

Warcloud has been involved directly and indirectly with different groups to date, most disbanded or he left before or after the completion of projects and some still unclear to his status within the group as he never officially left nor did he still claim membership of the group. Take for instance his status within the Black Knights, Holocaust has never claimed to leave the group even though they have not made music together for a while now and Crisis and Monk have always maintained that there is always space for Holocaust whenever he wants to come back and record with the group. Below are a list of some of the known groups he has been involved in;

American Poets [Warcloud, Sobretti, Pro The Leader & Anti The Decimator]
American Poets 2099 [Warcloud, Pro The Leader, Nova Kane & Atlantis Scroll]
Black Knights [Warcloud, Crisis Tha Sharpshooter, Doc Doom & Rugged Monk]
Da Monstar Mob [Warcloud, JulesUnique, Onslawt, Leviathan & Skarekrow]
Ghost Pirates [Warcloud & Skarekrow]
Great Chiefs [Warcloud plus more]
Japetto Stombollie [Warcloud & JuleUnique]
Midnight Rambler [Warcloud, Pro The Leader and more]
The 12 Schools of Mystery [Warcloud, Pro The Leader and more]
The Pin Ball Gang [Warcloud, Pro the Leader, and more]
The Professional & Warcloud [Warcloud & Pro The Leader]
Warghosts [Warcloud & Bomshot]
Weapon Factory [Warcloud, Pro The Leader plus more]

Albums:

Controversy about this as some albums have been completed, some unreleased, others leaked but unreleased, some unreleased songs have been compiled to become an album, so for the sake of simplicity we will just categorise them according to releases.

Albums:
Nightmares That Surface From The Shallow Sleep [2002];
Smuggling Booze In The Graveyard [2002];
Blue Sky Black Death Presents: The Holocaust [2006]

Group Album / Duets:
Pro's Laboratory {The Professional & Warcloud} [2004];
The Professional & Warcloud Collabo Archives Vol. 1 {The Professional & Warcloud} [2008];
The Professional & Warcloud Collabo Archives Vol. 2 {The Professional & Warcloud} [2008];
Theatre Of Pain {American Poets 2099} [2010];
American Poets 2099 {American Poets 2099} [2010];
Warghost {Bomshot & Holocaust} [2010]

Unreleased Albums:
As Alcatraz: The Jigsaw Puzzle [2003];
History of Violence [2005]
Death Coast LP [2005]

Upcoming Projects:
In The End Thereof… Are the Ways of Death
Robot Tank
Warghost II: Into The Bat Lands {Bomshot & Holocaust}

Rumours / Mysteries & Controvesies.

The man with the highest amount of threads in Wu forums, Warcloud even had dedicated fan sites and MySpace pages unlike any other, and there are reasons for that apart from his rhyme skills, there is a mystery that surrounds the man that has fans second guessing and making up stories about his legacy, here are some of the ones we have gathered, some true and others are probably false;

• It is said that Warcloud walks with a limp due to a truck accident many years ago during a lone visit to Japan.
• Apparently there was a time in his life where Holocaust goes around rapping non stop for days, and RZA declared him crazy.
• There have been talks that he changed his name from Holocaust to Warcloud to avoid any negative backlash from the Jewish community, which is probably not true as he later released an album under that name.
• He has finished writing a series of children’s story books and is waiting on publishers.
• Rasual Allah stated in an interview with us that Warcloud joined forces with Lost Children of Babylon as their newest member, to date nothing has materialised from this union.
• His much talked about fight with 9th Prince from Killarmy and the bloody shirt he stores.
• His unwarranted beef with Nas, and Jedi Mind Tricks
• Over a 100 + collaboration and features on songs worldwide.
• Purely insane or a genius?

Whatever you think of the man, it goes without saying that Holocaust has been a rich and entertaining force within the Killa Beez and hip-hop in general and his obsessive fans will continue to push his name until he gets his full props, until he returns from prison Wu-International salutes the legend known as Robot Tank.

Free Holocaust!!!

CLAK CLAK CLAPOW!!!!
we built our world of metal, stunned west, the future spanned
dark city choosers the death of superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKAMPOE View Post
I Step in the place
with Armed conflict and occupational sweat on my face,

Last edited by food for thought; 05-12-2011 at 09:19 PM.
food for thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:40 PM   #2
SKAMPOE
big wooly mammoth

SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)
Send a message via Skype™ to SKAMPOE

dudes a stoned genius

For the GenChat pervs
SKAMPOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:14 PM   #3
David Daniel Davis
N.I.

David Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venoms

I love the nonstop rapping for days one; I bet Wacloud is the life of the party wherever he goes; I would love to read those children's books if they ever get published.
David Daniel Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:41 PM   #4
Creepshow
Pirate Gunslinger

Creepshow iron monkeyCreepshow iron monkeyCreepshow iron monkey

Warcloud is the illest, nigga what!
Old 05-13-2011, 05:06 AM   #5
jsofunky
PRODIGAL SUN

jsofunky crouching tigerjsofunky crouching tiger

wow, dat is a gr8 read! 1 of the best i've read bout Holo, well done 2 dark7 dude.

it makes me apprec8 Holo mo than b4. i neva knew he wuz in so many groups i luv dat name Trembling Eagle ahhahaha

Last edited by jsofunky; 05-13-2011 at 06:11 AM.
jsofunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 05:20 AM   #6
biblebullet
Veteran Member

biblebullet shaolin monk
Send a message via MSN to biblebullet Send a message via Yahoo to biblebullet

can't hate
Old 05-13-2011, 09:11 AM   #7
diggitydondruma
SLIMEY SAVAGE

diggitydondruma iron monkeydiggitydondruma iron monkeydiggitydondruma iron monkeydiggitydondruma iron monkey

Free Holocaust!!

diggitydondruma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:14 AM   #8
Creepshow
Pirate Gunslinger

Creepshow iron monkeyCreepshow iron monkeyCreepshow iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggitydondruma View Post
Free Holocaust!!
^
Old 05-13-2011, 12:04 PM   #9
LoTec
SUN*KID ON THE ONE

LoTec fist of furyLoTec fist of furyLoTec fist of furyLoTec fist of furyLoTec fist of furyLoTec fist of furyLoTec fist of furyLoTec fist of furyLoTec fist of furyLoTec fist of furyLoTec fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsofunky View Post
wow, dat is a gr8 read! 1 of the best i've read bout Holo, well done 2 dark7 dude.

it makes me apprec8 Holo mo than b4. i neva knew he wuz in so many groups i luv dat name Trembling Eagle ahhahaha
Yeah that Warcloud Trembling Eagle name is hype. Thats his Great Chiefs name. That group would have been dope, Cloud Skarekrow, Leviathan and maybe Mantra and Onslawt not sure about them. I wonder if any songs manifested out of this gathering.

LoTec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 02:26 PM   #10
Lowridah

Lowridah shaolin monk

I once got smacked by Holocaust... needless to say I am afraid to ever have kids now.
Lowridah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:49 PM   #11
Chris Stylez
PRODIGAL SUN

Chris Stylez iron monkeyChris Stylez iron monkeyChris Stylez iron monkeyChris Stylez iron monkeyChris Stylez iron monkey

how many groups is this guy in??

"Sign Of The Times" coming soon

Chris Stylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:57 PM   #12
LoTec
SUN*KID ON THE ONE

LoTec fist of furyLoTec fist of furyLoTec fist of furyLoTec fist of furyLoTec fist of furyLoTec fist of furyLoTec fist of furyLoTec fist of furyLoTec fist of furyLoTec fist of furyLoTec fist of fury

Most of those groups never really materialized, maybe like one or two songs.

LoTec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:03 PM   #13
food for thought
Duppy Conquerer

Location: SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR
food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

clak clak clapoww!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKAMPOE View Post
I Step in the place
with Armed conflict and occupational sweat on my face,

food for thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 12:38 PM   #14
Holy Ghost
74 Billion

Holy Ghost crouching tigerHoly Ghost crouching tiger

I always liked his 'Shipwreck' alias from back in the day..

Very piratesque.. Damn shame the Ghost Pirates project never surfaced..
Holy Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:54 PM   #15
Sky Blue Bally Kid
45th Generation Roman

Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

"The RZA once said in an interview that Holocaust ripped a song off his Bobby Digital In Stereo album so hard that he decided to change the song’s name and named it after Holocaust. "

"there was a time in his life where Holocaust goes around rapping non stop for days"

Sick...

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -
Sky Blue Bally Kid is offline   Reply With Quote