news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 05-16-2011, 06:33 PM   #1
L~>1<~NKS
Magic Cities Noonsunn

L~>1<~NKS iron monkeyL~>1<~NKS iron monkeyL~>1<~NKS iron monkeyL~>1<~NKS iron monkey
Default The College Conspiracy

Old 05-17-2011, 11:56 AM   #2
IrOnMaN
I understand

IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

What people have to understand is that we're in a bad recession, which is why recent college grads are having trouble obtaining employment. It's just bad that they've graduated in a bad time. In the 80s and 90s, didn't college grads at those times experienced the same thing? I'm pretty sure that they did.

Another important thing that I'd like to point out is the fact that people are obtaining colleges degrees in fields that are considered to be not that good. In the video, it stated that fields like agriculture, environmental science/engineering, geology (mining, coal, oil and gas), and other fields in natural resources where jobs are, people aren't interested in those fields but some of them are high in demand.

And the thing about students spending their disbursement checks on food, cars, computers, bills, parties, and other stuff that's non-college education related is VERY OLD! Listen, people need to live. Now, I do agree that buying an iPad 2, iPhone 4, expensive clothes, expensive shoes, etc is completely unnecessary, in my opinion. Some people save that money while others choose to spend it on crap. But, hey, most of them have their parents to repay those student loans, so why should they care?

It's all bs, in my opinion. I guess it's true what they say: "It's not what you know, it's who you know." Yes, one may have a high undergraduate GPA but in these volatile times, will that high GPA get you a job versus the person who has a lot of connections?

Also, today's college grads are obtaining degrees in their fields with limited or no experience at all. That's not a good thing because employers what potential employees to have some experience, even if it's a entry-level job. All they want to know is if the applicant has marketable skills or not because most of today's colleges grads don't have skills, not even good oral and written communications skills says employers. Just high GPA's with worthless degrees with no skills what so ever.

According to employers, skills>GPA

Here's my question: Will times get better in the future?
IrOnMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:16 PM   #3
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

nah nigga, it ain't about no recession. it's the fact that the 'guarentee' of success with a college degree is the most epic lie and interest scam in america right now since 'you haven't made it till you buy a house'

someone that will hire on the basis of a college degree is going to look at the Ivy league first and move down from there, so even with the narrow job opennings you're going to have to get in line and any employer that can't afford an ivy leaguer is going to pay you the same a lot of your friends that didn't go to college are making off their experience and savvy in their respective work places.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:28 PM   #4
TheBoarzHeadBoy
כהן גדול

TheBoarzHeadBoy drunken mastaTheBoarzHeadBoy drunken masta

Now I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't invest 40,000 dollars a year for 6 years or something...

hahahahahahahaaha

Nikka you're all poor
Old 05-17-2011, 03:21 PM   #5
Frank Sobotka
Veteran Member

Frank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venoms

It all sounds like the logical result of an extremely capitalist society.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:44 PM   #6
TheBoarzHeadBoy
כהן גדול

TheBoarzHeadBoy drunken mastaTheBoarzHeadBoy drunken masta

Or the fact "I'm rich biatch."

Old 05-17-2011, 03:57 PM   #7
Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
Irondan 2: Curly's Gold

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

college is what you make it. It probably isn't for everybody, but that's only because everybody isn't smart enough to make college work for them. It's not about GPAs, either. Although mine was very solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
I'm sorry? Negro English? I think you mean Ebonics.
Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:06 PM   #8
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

nigga you's a Jew, you coulda gone to clown college and there woulda been a corporate spot lined up for you somewhere.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:18 PM   #9

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Ah yes, in this one of your situations, I must be the "they" that is keeping you from success.

I couldn't possibly be successful because I'm better than you...because I worked hard to pimp the system, instead of it pimping me?

No way! There's no way anybody is "better" than b-rock...

Jews, Government, Illuminati, Whites, China, Russia, Republicans, Liberals...Yup. In aint KTL's fault that KTL is broke and unhappy...

Keep them tables clean kid

Quote:
Old 05-17-2011, 04:22 PM   #10
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I don't work faggot, and I would never clean up after a zionist faggot like you. Not everybody measures success on how much money you have. Sure your faggot quasi race/religion does, but I don't subscribe to faggotry as you do.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
Old 05-17-2011, 04:26 PM   #11
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

This is what jews look like in the future...

smh, biggest faggots on the show.

Old 05-17-2011, 04:37 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
I don't work faggot, and I would never clean up after a zionist faggot like you. Not everybody measures success on how much money you have. Sure your faggot quasi race/religion does, but I don't subscribe to faggotry as you do.
scathing indeed. personal attacks aside, let's address your assertions.

"zionist faggot"--well, that doesn't apply to me at all. I'll assume you were upset and wanted to make some sort of jew joke, but "zionist" sounds classier.

Second, I do not measure success by money, either. I measure success by happiness and self-worth.

The fact that I am content with my position in my life, particularly those close to me, and am not constantly blaming others for an obvious personal dissonance that exists within is why I think I'm better than you.

You rail against ideas, people, and systems that you have only observed as an outsider, and of which you display obvious ignorance.

As far as both race and religion, I ascribe to none and find it all ridiculous. My parents were not religious, and I haven't been inside a place of worship, jewish or otherwise, in over 15 years. shit, i'm just as cuban and turkish sand allah-style arab as i am jewish. none of it means shit.

Money, religion,jews... "they"....none of that shit has anything to do with why you suck.

Quote:
Old 05-17-2011, 04:43 PM   #13
HANZO
Hanovallah

HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
nah nigga, it ain't about no recession. it's the fact that the 'guarentee' of success with a college degree is the most epic lie and interest scam in america right now since 'you haven't made it till you buy a house'

someone that will hire on the basis of a college degree is going to look at the Ivy league first and move down from there, so even with the narrow job opennings you're going to have to get in line and any employer that can't afford an ivy leaguer is going to pay you the same a lot of your friends that didn't go to college are making off their experience and savvy in their respective work places.
on point here.

most of the time an employer will look at which College you went to. here in England Oxford and Cambridge graduates run the country. they will always get preferential treatment, their are jobs which list requirements such as 'must have attended an Oxbridge college' or 'a top 10 ranked college'.

im lucky i went to a top college, i got a good degree and now i got a good job.

but if you ask me was it worth it.

i would definitely say no, college was fun for the experience, yes i did learn some stuff but that was because i was actually interested in what i was studying. i could have easily passed my course with simply just memorising answers from past exam papers as most people did.

but now i work for an oil company and the only reason i got the job was because i had deep connections within the company. otherwise i might of still been unemployed, and i base this assumption on the fact that in 2010 i was probably one of the top Aerospace graduates in England and i didnt get much luck when i applied to work for Airbus and Boeing.

my college degree has only resulted in me working all the damn time. i earn 36,000 ($60,000) a year. which is very high for a College graduate here, but i also get taxed 33% which im working heavily to avoid.

however if i started work at 16 i would have reached the same earning potential as i have now. plus i would have had 6 years of extra money making.

I was one of those heavily brainwashed during my high school days, my teachers would fill me with the nonsense that without a degree i would be useless. parents were the same as well.

fact is if your smart your smart you dont need a piece of paper to tell you that you are smart. all that piece of paper does is give you this elitist mentality. you begin to look at everyone as if they were peasants.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:10 PM   #14
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney DANgerfield View Post
scathing indeed. personal attacks aside, let's address your assertions.

"zionist faggot"--well, that doesn't apply to me at all. I'll assume you were upset and wanted to make some sort of jew joke, but "zionist" sounds classier.

Second, I do not measure success by money, either. I measure success by happiness and self-worth.

The fact that I am content with my position in my life, particularly those close to me, and am not constantly blaming others for an obvious personal dissonance that exists within is why I think I'm better than you.

You rail against ideas, people, and systems that you have only observed as an outsider, and of which you display obvious ignorance.

As far as both race and religion, I ascribe to none and find it all ridiculous. My parents were not religious, and I haven't been inside a place of worship, jewish or otherwise, in over 15 years. shit, i'm just as cuban and turkish sand allah-style arab as i am jewish. none of it means shit.

Money, religion,jews... "they"....none of that shit has anything to do with why you suck.
You take sarcasm trolling and yourself too seriously. That's why I know I'm better than you.

Do you honestly think anybody will come along and read that bullshit you just wrote and believe a word of it? Especially after how stupid you made yourself look in your original post? Good job Dan.

Old 05-17-2011, 05:24 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
You take sarcasm trolling and yourself too seriously. That's why I know I'm better than you.

Do you honestly think anybody will come along and read that bullshit you just wrote and believe a word of it? Especially after how stupid you made yourself look in your original post? Good job Dan.
the truth hurts. reality is scary and confusing. but i am here to help you. shem hotep

Quote: