news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 05-26-2011, 06:49 AM   #31
ShaolinDarts
Audio System/Diamond

ShaolinDarts iron monkeyShaolinDarts iron monkeyShaolinDarts iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by theheavens View Post
some info on Ghost:

best storyteller in hip-hop today (#2 of all time, behind Slick Rick)

one of the most consistent rappers

released three certified classics (Ironman, Supreme Clientele, Fishscale)

the most versatile and creative Wu member

....murdered Rae on his own shit (Cuban Linx)
Thank you for proving my point.

Just for old times sake -

Fishscale is not a classic.

Ghost isn't consistent.

In a group with Rza in it, calling anyone else the most creative is borderline retarded.

You make it sound like Rae had a weak performance on CL. Plus Ghost got murdered by Rae on Ironman.

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon
ShaolinDarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:03 AM   #32
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

lol some of yall throw the word classic around waaay too easily
grandmasters and fishscale should never be mentioned in the same sentence as such a word
Old 05-26-2011, 08:32 AM   #33
NAH001
ROCKIN MULLETS

NAH001 iron monkeyNAH001 iron monkeyNAH001 iron monkeyNAH001 iron monkeyNAH001 iron monkey

Rae is the only wu member i listen to now... then maybe Ghost, i really couldn't care less about the others now.
NAH001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:11 PM   #34
Sparrow Daene
PRODIGAL SUN

Sparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venoms

oh, you 'maybe' listen to ghost?
Sparrow Daene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:36 PM   #35
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by theheavens View Post
some info on Ghost:

best storyteller in hip-hop today (#2 of all time, behind Slick Rick)

one of the most consistent rappers

released three certified classics (Ironman, Supreme Clientele, Fishscale)

the most versatile and creative Wu member

....murdered Rae on his own shit (Cuban Linx)
I agree with almost everything you said. Rae got murdered so hard on his own shit. Ghost has 2 classics (1 near classic Fishcale) and is a great storyteller. I think Kool G Rap is a better storyteller though. He is so consistent, it's unbelievable. Putting out so many albums and still doing his thing. Ghost my 2nd favorite Wu member. No one from Wu can fuck with GZA when it comes to lyrics and no one in the Wu has made a album like Liquid Swords. Liquid Swords >>>>>>>> OBFCL by far. If Pro Tools would've had better production, it would be classic for sure! Can't wait for LS2. I almost forgot: Rae is not the best in Wu, in fact he is not even top 3.

Last edited by TheFunkyDrummer; 05-26-2011 at 01:43 PM.
TheFunkyDrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:50 PM   #36
Taskmaster2112
PRODIGAL SUN

Taskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE GENIUS View Post
I agree with almost everything you said. Rae got murdered so hard on his own shit. Ghost has 2 classics (1 near classic Fishcale) and is a great storyteller. I think Kool G Rap is a better storyteller though. He is so consistent, it's unbelievable. Putting out so many albums and still doing his thing. Ghost my 2nd favorite Wu member. No one from Wu can fuck with GZA when it comes to lyrics and no one in the Wu has made a album like Liquid Swords. Liquid Swords >>>>>>>> OBFCL by far. If Pro Tools would've had better production, it would be classic for sure! Can't wait for LS2. I almost forgot: Rae is not the best in Wu, in fact he is not even top 3.
Yeah, GZA's the most consistent. Even Ghost has a clunker ("Wizard of Poetry") in his catalog. GZA has never released an album that has been less than good from "Words from the Genius" to Pro Tools", while all the other members have released at least one bad album (except for Masta Killa, but being consistent over two albums isn't like being consistent over 4 or 5 albums).
Taskmaster2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:54 PM   #37
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaolinDarts View Post
Thank you for proving my point.

Just for old times sake -

Fishscale is not a classic.

Ghost isn't consistent.

In a group with Rza in it, calling anyone else the most creative is borderline retarded.

You make it sound like Rae had a weak performance on CL. Plus Ghost got murdered by Rae on Ironman.
Hahahhahahahahahaha. Rae murdered Ironman on Ironman? Seriously Ghost outperforms Rae 9 times outta 10. Raekwon isn't even that lyrical. I do admit OBFCL2 was a great album, but the rest of his work (not counting OBFCL) is average. Fishcale maybe not a classic, but it's a great album and I would say it's near classic.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:56 PM   #38
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskmaster2112 View Post
Yeah, GZA's the most consistent. Even Ghost has a clunker ("Wizard of Poetry") in his catalog. GZA has never released an album that has been less than good from "Words from the Genius" to Pro Tools", while all the other members have released at least one bad album (except for Masta Killa, but being consistent over two albums isn't like being consistent over 4 or 5 albums).
Finally someone understands me! Glad to hear we share the same opinion. GZA never dropped a bad verse. He actually thinks when he rhymes, even in this stage of hiphop. 0% Finance man, that's just genius. I think his lyrical ability is unmatched by anyone.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:24 PM   #39
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

if we're talking all time best member it has to go to the Rza.

he put wu-tang together, he made wu-tang what it is. at least half of the brilliance of those first 7 albums that are the foundation of wu-tang's greatness can be accredited solely to him. the idea to turn a group into a conglomerate force was his idea that many crews have modeled themselves after(g-unit, flip mode, no limit, cash money, etc).

"Lord of the wu-tang sword know what that means?...like J.R. Tolkien is the Lord of the Rings" - Rza
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:39 PM   #40
Frank Sobotka
Veteran Member

Frank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venoms

The "Rae has 1 classic, Ghost has 2" are out of context considering ghostface has released 10 albums where rae has released 5.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:41 PM   #41
ShaolinDarts
Audio System/Diamond

ShaolinDarts iron monkeyShaolinDarts iron monkeyShaolinDarts iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE GENIUS View Post
Hahahhahahahahahaha. Rae murdered Ironman on Ironman? Seriously Ghost outperforms Rae 9 times outta 10. Raekwon isn't even that lyrical. I do admit OBFCL2 was a great album, but the rest of his work (not counting OBFCL) is average. Fishcale maybe not a classic, but it's a great album and I would say it's near classic.
You've got to be fuckin kidding me. Have some respect and at least acknowledge the talent instead of acting like Ghosts bitch.

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon
ShaolinDarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:55 PM   #42
racist randy
Banned

racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to racist randy

Look at all these Raekwon haters poppin up, this nigga saved the wu with OBFCL2 like Ghost did with Supreme Clientele
racist randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:01 PM   #43
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

^^he did, which is why if we're talking currently, raekwon is that dude.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:02 PM   #44
THE MASON
Winter is Coming

THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

^Rae only saved himself after that terrible showin of an album called Lex Diamond Story.

to hate on Rae would be outright retarded. but to say he is the BEST member of Wu is also retarded. Rae has been on a streak but his music suffers from organization and overall sound quality.

thread also eludes that Rae wsa/is the BEST in Wu, not now but overall. i think its safe to say that RZA holds that spot, he made these cats what they are now. they rode his vison and have progessed from it

ELITE STATUS
THE MASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:13 PM   #45
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronze Feet View Post
^Rae only saved himself after that terrible showin of an album called Lex Diamond Story.

to hate on Rae would be outright retarded. but to say he is the BEST member of Wu is also retarded. Rae has been on a streak but his music suffers from organization and overall sound quality.

thread also eludes that Rae wsa/is the BEST in Wu, not now but overall. i think its safe to say that RZA holds that spot, he made these cats what they are now. they rode his vison and have progessed from it
RZA as a mc.. no, but overall he could be. He created the whole Wu-Tang sound with 36 Chambers and the following solo albums and Wu Forever. So RZA arguably is the best Wu-member, but for me GZA is the greatest mc and RZA is the greatest producer. Overall RZA is 2nd on my list, but when it comes down to mc'in he's like number 6 or so.