news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 05-26-2011, 11:16 AM   #16
Abraham Lincoln
CHICKEN HEAD

Abraham Lincoln crouching tiger

^^are you on crack and steroids?

Here, I'm handing out late passes
Abraham Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:39 PM   #17
THUGNIFICENT
Eff Grandad

THUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln View Post
^^are you on crack and steroids?
That was hilarious.
THUGNIFICENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:22 AM   #18
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

I have to say I agree. This is maybe the most anticipated album ever. Dre has to complete the trilogy, and that means putting the crew on there. Dres other albums have really been more like group albums: Snoop, Nate, D.O.C, RBX, Dogg Pound, Eminem, Lady Of Rage on most of the songs. Obviously it makes sense to maybe throw 50 on there, but it doesn't need any special guest aprt from that really. And at this point half the rap game has been reported as having worked on this album. It will suck if this sucks.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 06:38 PM   #19
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

you people are missing the point. those albums were good because it reflected dre's ACTUAL crew at the time. they all worked well together, had good energy with each other and the general mentality and commonalities they had made those two albums what they were. Just like the 'wu classics' with wutang

now look at what you have. Dre's a different man then he was back then, clearly. That's not his crew anymore. Odds are their ideas and personal lifestyles differ dramatically now due to the results of time. look at snoop

even if you 'get them together' it won't be the same product cause it's not the same people it's not the same era and it's not the same 'crew'. It's a lie. like the shitty wu albums.

you can't 'force' chemistry and a crew and if thats not your crew don't drop a dishonest album out of fear of being true to yourself.

Dre can make a great album without them. Marshal Mathers LP is more then proof. What Dre needs to do is be honest with himself as of now and what you guys need to do is realize you have a hard time dealing with change and are nostalgiaphiles of the worst order.

moving on is a very alien concept to the ppl on here.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:42 PM   #20
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
I have to say I agree. This is maybe the most anticipated album ever. Dre has to complete the trilogy, and that means putting the crew on there. Dres other albums have really been more like group albums: Snoop, Nate, D.O.C, RBX, Dogg Pound, Eminem, Lady Of Rage on most of the songs. Obviously it makes sense to maybe throw 50 on there, but it doesn't need any special guest aprt from that really. And at this point half the rap game has been reported as having worked on this album. It will suck if this sucks.
also calm the hell down lol
it's an album of music. a lot of the ppl on this site make the fatal mistake of taking music way too damn seriously. Dre's album will be hindered with how seriously he's taking it whereas the past albums, as snoop described, were created in a party atmosphere where nobody gave a fuck and you can tell in the music. THATS what made it good.

but stans won't let dre breath and dre needs to understand no matter what he drops stans will stand against it because it's not the 2 albums that turned them into stans to begin with and never will be.

dre should acknowledge it's a new times, he's a new person, and there's a new generation to cater to and go for that but as with all great music make sure to have fun and not take it seriously at all. artist ALWAYS start sucking when they take themselves too seriously.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:22 PM   #21
Fright
ADEPT

Fright crouching tigerFright crouching tiger

TSA has a point. He shouldnt try to recreate something classic, cause it wont happen, you just need to make a fkin classic by today's standarts, somethin new that no one ever heard before and i know thats he's capable of that, not that fkin boring shit we've heard lately, that's called leaks from detox,thats some boring shit., you forget about that after 10min.

And yeah, just dont take it too seriously, have some fun makin this album and everyone will be happy, some good never heard before party bangers, new standarts, like everyone would try to create something similar, you know, they hear something never heard before and they're like "oh shit, how did he do that?"

JUST MAKE NEW FKIN RAP STANDARTS.

Last edited by Fright; 05-27-2011 at 07:29 PM.
Fright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:47 PM   #22
THUGNIFICENT
Eff Grandad

THUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venoms

Because it's mad easy to revolutionize a genre of music, right?
THUGNIFICENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:18 PM   #23
Makadocious
CHICKEN HEAD

Makadocious shaolin monk

I agree with Snoop, even though his shit is wack now! When Dre gets 2 make music with his ppl the classic west coast music just flows naturally. Personally, i hope non of the songs i've heard from Detox is dope, except Underdog ft.Nate Dogg & Obie Trice, which is unknown if itz gonna be released on the album. I would luv if Dre starts 2 work with Snoop, Warren G, DJ Quik, Mel-Man, The D.O.C., Ice Cube, Tha Dogg Pound, The Lady Of Rage, Jewell, MC Ren, DJ Yella, EA Ski, Above The Law, Butch Cassidy & Xzibit. He should lock himself with these muthaphukkaz 4 like a month or 2. Obviously Em,50 & Game would be part of this! Would like 2 hear Bishop Lamont on Detox as well
Makadocious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 04:18 AM   #24
Durag
RaizaBlade

Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

100% agree with tissa. Dres dun ran fru dat chamber. Trying to sound like his old shit will just sound forced coz this isn't 99 any more.

Durag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 07:24 AM   #25
fortyglock
Veteran Member

fortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal son

He needs beats of this quality. When this commercial came out I was looking forward to hearing more from Detox, but after the recent leaks my interest has gone quite down.
fortyglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:52 AM   #26
AliJack

AliJack drunken mastaAliJack drunken masta

angry speakin the truth... would be nuts if dre could get back in contact wit the old death row click... kurupt and daz and them, spend a couple of weeks reminiscin the old days... not even experiencin just talkin that shit.. it'll prolly get him in the mood/zone to drop some more funky shit
Old 05-30-2011, 10:45 PM   #27
Abraham Lincoln
CHICKEN HEAD

Abraham Lincoln crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortyglock View Post

He needs beats of this quality. When this commercial came out I was looking forward to hearing more from Detox, but after the recent leaks my interest has gone quite down.
doubt that beat will be on Detox
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAQY-qRTiS8

Here, I'm handing out late passes
Abraham Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:10 AM   #28
fortyglock
Veteran Member

fortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal son

^If so then that's a shame, this beat was by far the best of the leaked tracks.
fortyglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:52 AM   #29
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
also calm the hell down lol
it's an album of music. a lot of the ppl on this site make the fatal mistake of taking music way too damn seriously. Dre's album will be hindered with how seriously he's taking it whereas the past albums, as snoop described, were created in a party atmosphere where nobody gave a fuck and you can tell in the music. THATS what made it good.

but stans won't let dre breath and dre needs to understand no matter what he drops stans will stand against it because it's not the 2 albums that turned them into stans to begin with and never will be.

dre should acknowledge it's a new times, he's a new person, and there's a new generation to cater to and go for that but as with all great music make sure to have fun and not take it seriously at all. artist ALWAYS start sucking when they take themselves too seriously.
Obviously artists move on, but Dre has made this a problem for himself after taking 10 years making it and saying it will be his last album. Of course i'm gonna take it seriously. I'm a big music fan. If he throws a bunch of flavor of the month rappers on the album, to me that makes way less sense than calling up some old friends. The 3 songs hes put out so far have taken themself pretty seriously, 'Die Hard' in particular. Small pedantic point, 'Marshall Mathers LP' had some of the old crew on there: Xzibit, Mel-Man, Snoop, RBX, Nate Dogg. Obviously i'm not gonna claim they're responsible for the albums success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makadocious View Post
I agree with Snoop, even though his shit is wack now! When Dre gets 2 make music with his ppl the classic west coast music just flows naturally. Personally, i hope non of the songs i've heard from Detox is dope, except Underdog ft.Nate Dogg & Obie Trice, which is unknown if itz gonna be released on the album. I would luv if Dre starts 2 work with Snoop, Warren G, DJ Quik, Mel-Man, The D.O.C., Ice Cube, Tha Dogg Pound, The Lady Of Rage, Jewell, MC Ren, DJ Yella, EA Ski, Above The Law, Butch Cassidy & Xzibit. He should lock himself with these muthaphukkaz 4 like a month or 2. Obviously Em,50 & Game would be part of this! Would like 2 hear Bishop Lamont on Detox as well
Word on MC Ren, we don't hear enough from him these days.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote