news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Digital Underground

Old 05-27-2011, 12:18 AM   #1
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default The Sony PSP Appreciation Thread

As I stated in the other thread, the PSP is the most underated handheld in the last ten years. Here is a system that based on hardware performance is superior when compared to the Nintendo DS, it's litterally a portable PS2.

I've recently been collecting for the PSP since the price of games has been coming down and (it seems to me at least) they're slowly being phased out at game stores. So I thought if im going to start collecting for this system, now seems like the right time.

Here is the thing though, I don't actually own a PSP. I used to have one but I sold it to a friend who funnily enough has let me borrow it for the duration that im collecting (so I can test out the games) and until I get my own. For those wondering, the reason I sold my PSP initially was because at the time I wasn't really big on handhelds and it just wasn't getting much use, of course this was way before they started dropping God of War, Metal Gear etc. I've learn't the error of my ways and now im on a mission.

I have a list in my head of the games I want to get, so far i've done really well getting most of what I wanted. My list of games I own currently look like this...

Breath of fire 3 (RPG)
Final Fantasy 4 special edition (RPG)
Final Fantasy 7: Crisis Core (RPG)
YS: The Oath in Felghana (RPG)
Pursuit Force Extreme (action racing)
Darkstalkers (fighting)
King of fighters collection (fighting)
Samurai Shodown anthology (fighting)
Soul Calibur (fighting)
God of War Chains of Olympus
God of War Ghost of Sparta
Patapon (Rhythm music game)
Mecury Meltdown (puzzle game)
Crush (Puzzle game)
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X
Capcom Classics Collection Remixed
Ultimate Ghost & Goblins
Silent Hill Origins
Death Jr 2: Root of evil
Metal Gear Solid Acid 1 and 2
Killzone Liberation
Warhammer 40K Squad Command
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles
Mega Man Powered Up
Crazy Taxi

Games on my hit list

Metal Gear Portable Ops
Metal Gear Peacewalker
The 3rd Birthday
Kingdom Hearts Birth by sleep
Final Fantasy Dissidia 1 and 2
Valkyria Chronicles 2
Exit
Wipeout Pulse
GTA Vice City Stories
Resistance
Parrapa The Rapper
Gradius Collection
Capcom Classics Reloaded
Street Fighter Alpha Max

Im avoiding all sports titles.

.................................................. .......................

So what are your thoughts on the psp?

What do you think of my collection so far?

What do you think of the games I plan to get?

Do you think i've missed out on any essentials?

If you have a PSP, what games do you own?

Discuss

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man

Last edited by TAURO; 05-28-2011 at 12:33 AM.
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:52 AM   #2
Mai Wang Tu Phat
Keep firing, assholes!

Mai Wang Tu Phat iron monkeyMai Wang Tu Phat iron monkeyMai Wang Tu Phat iron monkey

I think it's the best out of all the handhelds, but I don't like handhelds very much. I can't stand looking at a little screen any more.
Mai Wang Tu Phat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:58 AM   #3
Mic Tyson
Heisman

Mic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venoms

PSP is the shit as far as playing portable madden and NCAA. I could play that for hours because it was just like the ps2 version. the main reason i stopped was becaues they quit makin NCAA for psp

and you should cop those monster hunter games
Mic Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 03:01 PM   #4
RagnaroK
Strider Hiryu

RagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killa

To me in all seriousness the PSP is the best handheld ever because of the incredible list of games and its capabilities.

looking at your list it reminded me of a few titles that I wanted but forgot about them
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X
Soul Calibur

Sacrificing older life to create a new lifeform blessed with the fruit of life
RagnaroK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:51 PM   #5
KZA
COME AT ME BRO

KZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to KZA

it owns for custom firmware so you can play NES, SNES, SEGA, CPS1, CPS2, neo geo roms out of it.

the system is awesome when it first came out but now i don't find myself using it as much as i did before

KZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 07:49 PM   #6
IrOnMaN
I understand

IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I've own a PSP since 2006. I currently own a PSP 3000. Honestly, it's the first game system that I've never purchased. I don't own a XBOX 360 or PS3 because I choose not too. The PSP 3000 is all I need.

The PSP has everything and more! Two months ago, I updated my PSP to 6.35 or somewhere around that number. It has a MP3 and MP4 (movies) players, can view photos, internet, applications to read books and do other stuff, download pretty much anything as long as there's available space on a memory card, and more. One thing that I dislike about the PSP 3000 is the battery life. I have to charge mine up everyday if I'm on it over two hours.

The games I own are Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Wipeout Pure and Pulse, GTA Vice City Stories and Liberty Stories, Burnout Legends and Dominator, Marvel Nemesis, and God of War: Chains of Olympus.

My favorite game is Monster Hunter Freedom Unite because it's extremely challenging. I've been playing it since 2009 but I haven't finished the game because the Monsters are very hard to kill. Plus, there's so much to do and so many weapons one can purchase. Plus, you can create your own character.

Speaking of PSP, I cannot wait until Next Generation Portable is released later this year. I'll estimate that the price will be somewhere around $299.99 based on all the nice stuff that it'll do.

Monster Hunter looks absolutely AMAZING!

/drools

Can someone tell me why Nintendo 3DS is so popular? I just watched a review and it doesn't seem all that good to me.

Last edited by IrOnMaN; 05-28-2011 at 07:55 PM.
IrOnMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 05:14 AM   #7
shaolinsword
Veteran Member

shaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal son
Send a message via MSN to shaolinsword

There's a prequel to White Knight Chronicles on the PSP if you're after a decent action RPG
Old 05-29-2011, 05:53 AM   #8
IZA
CHICKEN HEAD

IZA Sinister snakeIZA Sinister snakeIZA Sinister snakeIZA Sinister snake

Hack it man that's the first thing to do.... I've been banging out pokemon fire red and loads of different psx games recently. And get yourself a micro sd adapter which allows you to use 2 micro sd cards which allows you to have up to 32gb of memory.
IZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:45 AM   #9
BASCO
ill crew of psychoz

BASCO iron monkeyBASCO iron monkeyBASCO iron monkeyBASCO iron monkeyBASCO iron monkey

was my go to system for the longest time. i've literally played everything worth playing on that little device.

but as someone said ^ that shit is basically worthless if you haven't hacked it. if it weren't for the crazy unofficial applications that it has i woulda boxed that shit a long time ago.

in the end i just stopped fuckin wit it cuz like someone also said ^ i couldn't stand the fuckin small screen anymore. i was going to do peace walker over again but i was like fuck it i'd rather play the big screened version. now its just in my basement collecting dust.
BASCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:48 AM   #10
BASCO
ill crew of psychoz

BASCO iron monkeyBASCO iron monkeyBASCO iron monkeyBASCO iron monkeyBASCO iron monkey

if you ever find this game in stores cop it maan, this was one of the funnest games i ever played on the device7744

Old 05-29-2011, 02:42 PM   #11
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mic Tyson View Post

and you should cop those monster hunter games
I thought about picking this up, the series is on my radar but im not sure if it could hold my interest. I was also looking at God Eater Burst and Lord of Arcana but people say the Monster Hunter series is the best in this genre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinsword View Post
There's a prequel to White Knight Chronicles on the PSP if you're after a decent action RPG
I should state that im not really a fan of the RPG, im only now just trying to get into them so with what i've got so far, I think im good for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IZA View Post
Hack it man that's the first thing to do.... I've been banging out pokemon fire red and loads of different psx games recently. And get yourself a micro sd adapter which allows you to use 2 micro sd cards which allows you to have up to 32gb of memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASCO View Post
was my go to system for the longest time. i've literally played everything worth playing on that little device.

but as someone said ^ that shit is basically worthless if you haven't hacked it. if it weren't for the crazy unofficial applications that it has i woulda boxed that shit a long time ago.

in the end i just stopped fuckin wit it cuz like someone also said ^ i couldn't stand the fuckin small screen anymore. i was going to do peace walker over again but i was like fuck it i'd rather play the big screened version. now its just in my basement collecting dust.
Since I can already emulate im not really that fussed about hacking the psp. Also with the firmware updates and having to reconfigure from time to time, I really can't be bothered.

Method Man
Old 05-29-2011, 02:43 PM   #12
TAURO
El Don of this shit

Quote:
if you ever find this game in stores cop it maan, this was one of the funnest games i ever played on the device7744

I've already got the game on the PS2. Im a big fan of the movie.

Method Man
Old 05-29-2011, 05:56 PM   #13
BASCO
ill crew of psychoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Don View Post
I thought about picking this up, the series is on my radar but im not sure if it could hold my interest. I was also looking at God Eater Burst and Lord of Arcana but people say the Monster Hunter series is the best in this genre.

I should state that im not really a fan of the RPG, im only now just trying to get into them so with what i've got so far, I think im good for now.

Since I can already emulate im not really that fussed about hacking the psp. Also with the firmware updates and having to reconfigure from time to time, I really can't be bothered.
lol u dumbass, you aint gotta do shit nowadays. there's no hacking anymore..

just download an ofw signed psp iso and it plays on a regular non hacked psp. its only us old timers that remember havin to upgrade cfw for psp every other month just to cop the new games
Old 05-29-2011, 09:47 PM   #14
TAURO
El Don of this shit

To be honest I haven't really looked into it since I don't actually own a psp. Im currently using one that I borrowed, im just focusing on collecting the games for now.

Method Man
Old 05-30-2011, 08:46 AM   #15
IZA
CHICKEN HEAD

IZA Sinister snakeIZA Sinister snakeIZA Sinister snakeIZA Sinister snake

Quote:
lol u dumbass, you aint gotta do shit nowadays. there's no hacking anymore..

just download an ofw signed psp iso and it plays on a regular non hacked psp. its only us old timers that remember havin to upgrade cfw for psp every other month just to cop the new games
oh shit I didn't you could do that now... But yeah I've never really had to upgrade that many times probably a max of 5 over the past few years and upgrading only takes 5-10 minutes anyway.
IZA is offline   Reply With Quote