news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 05-29-2011, 01:15 PM   #1
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default C-rayz walz

what are your thoughts on him

Old 06-25-2011, 01:30 PM   #2
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

best album?
Old 06-25-2011, 02:05 PM   #3
Taskmaster2112
PRODIGAL SUN

Taskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal Guillotine View Post
best album?
"Ravipops (The Substance)"
Taskmaster2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 02:10 PM   #4
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

what about the who the f*ck are you cd?
Old 06-25-2011, 04:05 PM   #5
BRONZBODY
Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!!

BRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to BRONZBODY Send a message via MSN to BRONZBODY

awesome!! love how he speaks in rhyme.
Old 06-25-2011, 04:06 PM   #6
DirtMcgehrk
Platinum Chupa Chup

DirtMcgehrk shaolin masta killaDirtMcgehrk shaolin masta killaDirtMcgehrk shaolin masta killaDirtMcgehrk shaolin masta killaDirtMcgehrk shaolin masta killaDirtMcgehrk shaolin masta killaDirtMcgehrk shaolin masta killa
Send a message via AIM to DirtMcgehrk

He's a great rapper. A lot of people are turned off by his delivery and voice, but I like it.

I'd agree that "Ravipops" is probably his best. "Who Da F*ck Are You?" sounded a lot more like a mixtape than an actual album.

"Year Of The Beast" was a change from his usual shit. It was pretty good but not for everyone. It had that Def Jux feel with a lot of El-P production and guest spots from the label.

I really liked the collabo he did with Sharkey called "Monster Maker". It was a kind of mix of electro-pop and rap. He did another collaboration with Kosha Dillz called "Freestyle vs. Written" as well in which Kosha wrote all his verses and C-Rayz freestyled all of his. It was a great concept but there were only 3-4 tracks that were memorable and I kept wanting to skip past Kosha's verses.

As for the actual guy, I think he's kind of weird. He gets in trouble, goes to jail, and then basically asks his fans and other people for money to bail him out. This has happened a couple times now. I know he's considered an underground NY legend, but he must think an awful lot of himself to basically ask people to cover his ass for mistakes that he makes. Also, he's been set to play here in Eugene twice. Both times I went, both times he was drunk and had hissyfits and refused to perform.

DirtMcgehrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 07:11 PM   #7
James G
Same DNA as Stardust

James G shaolin monk

Year Of The Beast, is his best album imo
Old 06-25-2011, 07:14 PM   #8
James G
Same DNA as Stardust

James G shaolin monk

He's in the zone in that vid, damn.
Old 06-25-2011, 11:40 PM   #9
Synthesizer Patel

Synthesizer Patel crouching tiger

after you dictate, tell me how my dick taste!!!!!!!!
Old 06-25-2011, 11:53 PM   #10
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtMcgehrk View Post
He's a great rapper. A lot of people are turned off by his delivery and voice, but I like it.

I'd agree that "Ravipops" is probably his best. "Who Da F*ck Are You?" sounded a lot more like a mixtape than an actual album.

"Year Of The Beast" was a change from his usual shit. It was pretty good but not for everyone. It had that Def Jux feel with a lot of El-P production and guest spots from the label.

I really liked the collabo he did with Sharkey called "Monster Maker". It was a kind of mix of electro-pop and rap. He did another collaboration with Kosha Dillz called "Freestyle vs. Written" as well in which Kosha wrote all his verses and C-Rayz freestyled all of his. It was a great concept but there were only 3-4 tracks that were memorable and I kept wanting to skip past Kosha's verses.

As for the actual guy, I think he's kind of weird. He gets in trouble, goes to jail, and then basically asks his fans and other people for money to bail him out. This has happened a couple times now. I know he's considered an underground NY legend, but he must think an awful lot of himself to basically ask people to cover his ass for mistakes that he makes. Also, he's been set to play here in Eugene twice. Both times I went, both times he was drunk and had hissyfits and refused to perform.
who the fuck are was taken from verses on return of the beast 1975 mixtape he dropped and they redid with mad features and put it out as album. when it was release c-rayz was locked up

Year of the beast lp and We Live / The Black Samurai E.P. are his best shit even the limelightutroduction

NON IGNORANT...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:04 AM   #11
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS View Post
who the fuck are was taken from verses on return of the beast 1975 mixtape he dropped and they redid with mad features and put it out as album. when it was release c-rayz was locked up
Year of the beast lp and We Live / The Black Samurai E.P. are his best shit even the limelightutroduction
was just listening to this song dont seem like they were sequence. i remember immortal technique said something like he's the only cat that really gave him a challenge on the battling tip
Old 12-02-2011, 11:11 AM   #12
food for thought
Duppy Conquerer

Location: SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR
food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

crayz walz is crazy nice but i feel like his albums tend to be disappointing with a few dope ass classics always on them lol

food for thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:13 AM   #13
Prime8
a.k.a. The Great'

Prime8 iron monkeyPrime8 iron monkeyPrime8 iron monkeyPrime8 iron monkeyPrime8 iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal Guillotine View Post
was just listening to this song dont seem like they were sequence. i remember immortal technique said something like he's the only cat that really gave him a challenge on the battling tip
Lol, Immortal Tech is a terrible rap battler.

Eyedea slaughtered him.
Iron Solomon said like 4 lines and they ended the battle.

Supposedly, C-Rayz Walz beat SuperNat.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:17 AM   #14
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime8 View Post

Eyedea slaughtered him.

solomon is comical i remember that battle he had on the smack dvd (think its was #13) with math hoffa

where did you hear the supernat statement kinda hard to believe...never know for sure though
Old 12-02-2011, 06:11 PM   #15
John Nash
supreme maths GOD degree

Location: I don't live with my mum, my mum lives with me, biatch
John Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime8 View Post

Eyedea slaughtered him.

immortal technique is a terrible overall rapper. he has only got a couple of good songs. and those songs r only good cuz of the concept behind them and the production. a good example is 'dance with the devil' its only good cuz of the beat and the twist in the story. the storytelling wasnt even that good. if a good storyteller (gfk gza biggie nas etc) told that story wit the same plot they culd say it in half the time wit twice as much imagery
at least you fuckin an animal you are giving it pleasure instead of giving it pain.....better karma for you......
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
I'm 37 years old, three years away from being 40. I'm getting old but I still feel young. I've had a few people tell me that I look young when I tell them how old iam.

John Nash is offline   Reply With Quote