news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 06-03-2011, 06:25 PM   #1
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default vast aire - 0x2010 a street odyssey

I'm not sure how to feel about this album. Well, everybody know it's hard to make albums after u made the great The Cold Vein.

Firstly - Karniege killed his shit on Kount Fif's cut. He's better than Vast Aire currently. I don't want mixtapes from him, he needs a real solo...

Secondly - good hooks. Better than on his last joints.

.....Some beats are hype. Some are smooth. lol at having that crackhead Cappadonna on a song, but he kinda killed it. Gotta eat shit to survive like catfish lol

....you know - there are a lot of good things about this album. U can see this wasn't done in 4 weeks or anything like that.

Horoscope is real dope. Check the lyricism.

BUT!

A lot of other songs are like - olling eyes: we already heard that a million times from him, same frases, same flows, same rhymes, but with less wit to it.

This isn't an album you should buy. So if you're a fan, download this shit and see for yourself.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:38 PM   #2
CEITEDMOFO
DuncanHine Monument Cakes

CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

THIS ISNT A ALBUM U SHOULD BUY? WHO BUYS ALBUMS IN 2011 ROFL

A FAN OF CRACKHEAD WARCLOUd TRIES TO SAY CAPPADONNA IS A CRACKHEAD?

THIS SHIT SHITS ON ALL OF VAST AND VORDULS WACK SOLO MIXTAPES AND IS UP THERE WIT THERE CANNIBAL OX Lp

THE BANGERZ OF THE Lp

CEITEDMOFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:51 PM   #3
ShaDynasty
Balance at all costs

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Vast Aire is one of the smartest rappers in Hip Hop. If he wanted to he could channel his skill a little different and be a superstar like Jigga. I still gotta listen to this but obviously 'Cold Vein' is classic. 'Look Mom No Hands' was solid and 'Dueces Wild' was crack. Whats the deal with Ox being in the album title? Is he trying to say they're gonna make another album, cos at some point that shit HAS to happen. El-P is much less annoying when he sticks to the production side. There probably hasn't been a better or certainly a more creative album than 'Cold Vein' since it was released.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 03:40 AM   #4
BIG D O
Veteran Member

Location: Somewhwere between concern and not givin a shit....
BIG D O iron monkeyBIG D O iron monkeyBIG D O iron monkeyBIG D O iron monkey

yeah, thought it would be a bit better than what it was....seems like he either over thought or under funded the production lineup, b/c there were a good deal of beats on it that I just didn't vibe wit....but when he did get the right beat, i mean he really got it...there were some really ill bangers on this too...

I mean, I know the first cut off it I heard was the joint w/ Rae and Vordul and that had me amp'd yahmean....i know there has to be some other ppl that had that be the first cut off the album that they heard and then when they actually heard the shit felt thrown for a loop

http://purehip-hop.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/d_o_beatz

Last edited by BIG D O; 06-04-2011 at 04:02 AM.
BIG D O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 05:46 AM   #5
THUGNIFICENT
Eff Grandad

THUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venoms

Word to most of the comments. This shit has moments when it's blazing, but also a lot of weak/dull moments. The thing that made Cold Vein such a success -- on Vast's part, at least -- is that the elementary nature of his rhyme schemes and flows were balanced out by hella deep content. On this album -- and all his other post-Ox shit -- that balance is off, and a lot of times you get some shit that's too basic to listen to.

Most of the beats here are on some outer space shit. Some sound like the soundtrack to a bad coke high spent in a run-down disco; some are Jedi goodness. But with this general theme, some of the more traditional-sounding instrumentals are jarring in the context of the rest of the album. As with the whole of Ox 2010, it's all very hit-or-miss.
THUGNIFICENT is offline   Reply With Quote