news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 06-09-2011, 01:57 AM   #1
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Andre 3000's first verse of the year is here

While Big Boi has taken over the status as the most active Outkast member by miles, Andre has kept quiet, talking about doing kid cartoons and whatnot. well at least we gets one verse from him this year, but suprise, suprise - it's on a fucking Beyonce song. it leaked a couple of days ago but i haven't listened until just now and i think this must be the absolute first time in my life that i actually put on a Beyonce song. well maybe sometime when i had a girl at my home and she wanted to listen to some bullshit like that but whatever.

song is produced by Kanye West and Consequence and is from Beyonce's album called "4" (i know y'all going to want to buy it after hearing this MONSTER). no matter how dope Andre 3000's verse would be i would never, ever post this song on my blog - but his verse didn't even impress me that much anyways. what do y'all think about the sole 3K feature of the year?

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:01 AM   #2
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

By decree of Slim T the Magnificent, Beyonce Knowles is obliged to wear the outfit as seen above on all music videos and concerts during the next 24 months.
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:40 AM   #3
angry!
Banned

angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

white beyonce and gay ass andre!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL @ andre 3000 stans that are forced to gas every verse he drops since he only drops like 2 verses a year

andre hasnt killed a song in YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!

that john legend joint where hes rappin in a martini glass.... GAY TRASH
that joint with drake..... GAY TRASH
this joint with bey.... GAY TRASH

big boi still serving classics... look who andre comes out of hiding for... nigga lost his mind after going diamond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and beyonce needs to stop bleaching her skin or shes gonna be playing for a differnt team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
angry! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:02 AM   #4
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

ain't nobody gasing those wack verses you mentioned.. including this one. but still we haven't heard anything from him the whole fucking year, so it was at least worth to post.

and haven't killed anything in years?? did you hear "Royal Flush" - he teared Big Boi and Raekwon a new one on that. this track is weak as hell though.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
Old 06-09-2011, 07:24 AM   #5
angry!
Banned

angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

yeah he killed royal flush but that was YEARS ago...

he hasnt killed a verse in YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

everytime big boi does an interview...

"whats up with outkast"

"im working on a solo album and dre is working on his solo, oukast album after that"

it doesnt sound like andre has been working on his album... he sounds like shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

look at the past 10 andre appearances...

TRASH

look who he decides to rap with when he actually does wanna rap nowadays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!

the fact this garbage ass verse got a thread shows just how overblown this nigga is...

this is jordan on the wizards, take a picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-09-2011, 07:59 AM   #6
claaa7
Killer Bob

yeah i agree with you that it's a fucking shame that he chooses to rhyme over some bullshit like this, i bet he got a big ass royalty check for doing a song on this but it's embarassing.

yeah "Royal Flush" was around 2008 i think? not that faar away, but i might be wrong. but that gave me the impression that he still can when he really wants to, but he hasn't really been wanting to kill mics since "The Love Below". he's a whole different person now than he was when Outkast had their glory days, us fans could see the transformation right in front of our eyes album after album.

btw, how was "Idlewild", i never bothered to listen to it tbh

Old 06-09-2011, 08:13 AM   #7
angry!
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
yeah i agree with you that it's a fucking shame that he chooses to rhyme over some bullshit like this, i bet he got a big ass royalty check for doing a song on this but it's embarassing.

yeah "Royal Flush" was around 2008 i think? not that faar away, but i might be wrong. but that gave me the impression that he still can when he really wants to, but he hasn't really been wanting to kill mics since "The Love Below". he's a whole different person now than he was when Outkast had their glory days, us fans could see the transformation right in front of our eyes album after album.

btw, how was "Idlewild", i never bothered to listen to it tbh
no doubt claa...

hope you didnt take my harsh words as an attack on you...

i thank you for posting this homie cuz i wouldnt have seen it otherwise... it only reaffirms what ive been thinking the past 5 years or so...

3 stacks completely LOST IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im a outkast fan till i die...

andre blessed every outkast album with classic verses...

but he hasnt impressed me in almost 10 years.. which makes sense... cuz from what i can tell, he lost his passion for rhyming about 10 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i salute big boi, hes holding that O torch up all by his lonely!!!!!!!!!!

sir luscious left foot was fuckin incredible... big boi gets BETTER on the mic as time goes on!!!!!!!!!!!!

here and there dre will body a verse... cuz hes as naturally gifted as emcees get...

that song with DEVIN THE DUDE... what a job...

he killed that song... but if you really listen... its almost like... "here it is... now fuck off"... his heart isnt in it... its just a job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i also like how jay-z been begging for a decade to do a joint with dre...

and andre hits off his bitch first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BAHBWHBAHBWHBAHBH

as far as i can tell andres movie career slowed up...
and he still has yet to follow up THE LOVE BELOW...

what hes doing, i have no idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

idlewild was a complete disaster..

not only did the movie suck...
the soundtrack marked the first release under the OUTKAST emblem i can honestly consider WACK!!!!!!!!!

like 2 songs worth hearing...

its a shame they put that garbage out when they were on top of the world...

that was time to put out a STUDIO album...

not a bullshit soundtrack to a bullshit movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im sure it was dres idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cuz big boi is ON POINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-09-2011, 08:34 AM   #8
Taskmaster2112
PRODIGAL SUN

Taskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killa

I liked Andre's verse on this song:

That was recorded in 2009, if I'm not mistaken. I don't think Andre's lost it, I just think that he's not applying himself or his skills. If he gets his ass in gear I think that he could release an album on par with "Sir Luscious Left Foot" and that OutKast could release another classic. Shit they already have 4 classics and one great album under their belt (I've never heard Idlewild either, so I can't speak on that), so I think they can stick with that level of consistency.
Taskmaster2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:55 AM   #9
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

link dont work
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:55 AM   #10
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

last verse andre 3000 crushed was that dj drama art of storytelling track this was aight

NON IGNORANT...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:00 AM   #11
JakobR
SHAOLIN STUDENT

JakobR drunken mastaJakobR drunken masta

I'm not really a fan of hers but it's hard to find much better singers than Beyonce so this was a great opportunity to make something memorable. Especially if you take the producer's name into account. Having said that the whole lyrical concept of the track was trash and Kanye didn't do himself any favours in terms of that.

And I'm caught up in all this "it's pop, not hip hop" cus it is still rap over drums and all that good shit. Unlike Drake, Beyonce and Kanye West are incredible artists. The latter not so much as a rapper though....

to sum up: this was a missed opportunity.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:07 AM   #12
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Andre been putting out music since 1992, and pretty much only focused on that, if he wants to have a few years off to do other shit, so be it. He hasnt been silent, he's been on half dozen tracks since Idlewild. Last year he did that Ciara song too.

This verse is cool, not sure why the complaints are coming out. Maybe you're missing the context of where the verse is appearing?
Old 06-09-2011, 09:11 AM   #13
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Guys.

Guys.

There is this picture here in the thread

and you are talking about a guy who posed naked with a pink sash on his album cover. Come on.
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:20 AM   #14
Frank Sobotka
Veteran Member

Frank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry! View Post
white beyonce and gay ass andre!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL @ andre 3000 stans that are forced to gas every verse he drops since he only drops like 2 verses a year

andre hasnt killed a song in YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!

that john legend joint where hes rappin in a martini glass.... GAY TRASH
that joint with drake..... GAY TRASH
this joint with bey.... GAY TRASH

big boi still serving classics... look who andre comes out of hiding for... nigga lost his mind after going diamond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and beyonce needs to stop bleaching her skin or shes gonna be playing for a differnt team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sums up 2011 andre.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:26 AM   #15
angry!
Banned

beyonce still a 10...

but she needs to stop playing with her skin...

shes gonna be kate moss in 5 years if this trend continues!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and this songs concept/context isnt lost on me...

its just TRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!

matter fact, the context is what makes it TRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

john legend, drake, beyonce, have better chances of gettin andre on a record than big boi...

and that my friend... IS PITIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this nigga got one foot in and one foot out...

theres andre fans out there that think everything he does is incredible and will give a pass to him for just about ANYTHING

even if that means defending him coming out of hiding to spit lackadaisical verses on bullshit dance records!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he picks his spots... and boy can he pick them!!!!!!!!!!

i dont mind him layin low... but he comes out of hiding now to drop bullshit joints...

just a check!!!!!!!!!!!!!