news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Sound Shack

Old 06-16-2011, 11:26 AM   #16
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

naima remains one of my favorite songs from coltrane. PERIOD
Old 06-16-2011, 01:02 PM   #17
THE MASON
Winter is Coming

THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^really? dont get me wrong thats an awesome joint, but Coltrane has better ones, even on Giant Steps. Syeeds Flute Song, is prolly my favourite joint of there

imma peep my store out and snatch up a bunch of Coltrane and other jazz cats tonight i think

ELITE STATUS
THE MASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:04 AM   #18
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

When Coltrane was in Miles's Quintet and Sextet they made some extremely amazing music too. timeless shit, i have the four albums they did when Miles was signed to Columbia and I can't get enough of them. Coltrane's playing was so fckn incredible in that setting - i don't think there ever has been a jazz group with such great horn players together as when Cannonball, Coltrane and Davis played together.

"Round About Midnight"
"Milestones"
"1958 Miles" [50% live, 50% in the studio]
"Kind Of
Blue"
"Someday My Prince Will Come"

"Kind Of Blue" is of course recognized as one of the best albums of all time but "Milestones", for example, is extremely underrated imo. that's damn near a perfect album too, although its not as focused on setting the mood like "K.O.B.". the rhythm section of Philly Joe Jones (damn, he swings those beats HARD), Red Garland on piano and Paul Chambers on bass (also played on the "Giant Steps" LP for example) was one of the illest rhythm sections of the era i think.

does anyone of y'all post at the All About Jazz forums too?
i think it's good to see that so many Wu-Corper's are into jazz, didn't expect that.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Last edited by claaa7; 06-17-2011 at 03:06 AM.
claaa7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:39 AM   #19
THE MASON
Winter is Coming

THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^naw i dont post on any other forums, other then here and the PR forum you put me on too.

good looks on the the Kind of Blue mention. that another all time favourite of mine just in general. you're right about having Davis and Coltrane together being incredible, when you get such prolific artists working together, things just become that much elevated.

ill have to check out Milestones, i have been meaning too but just havent had the time. There is just so much jazz out there from so many different, respectable artists that its almost impossible to get to it all

ELITE STATUS
THE MASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:32 PM   #20
WooHa
Avant-garde

WooHa drunken mastaWooHa drunken masta

Blue Train

Last edited by WooHa; 06-25-2011 at 05:28 PM.
WooHa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:27 PM   #21
DUMBO
Veteran Member

DUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venoms

Crescent. Drum Thing, baby.

"Oppressing bitches individually and in groups since 1976"
DUMBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 04:53 PM   #22
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

need to start getting some of his earlier work