news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 10-23-2005, 04:03 AM   #1
killabee_1993
Veteran Member

killabee_1993 grasshopper
Default Go See Doom!

I saw Doom tonight and Ive gotta tell ya I totally recommend it. Its crazy. It had everything I expected, gore, lots of action, and the acting wasnt bad, it was better than I thought it would be. The Rock was pretty bad ass in it. Go check it out. There is this ill part in the movie where for a period of time, you get to see the main dude killin all this shit and its from his point of view. It looks near identical to the game. Never have I seen this camerawork done before in a movie. Ive gotta give it to Universal and everybody involved, they pulled off a good movie. Even though Im still pretty amped off seeing it, I would say that its prolly the best game adapted movie out there. Its worth the ticket cost and then some. Expect the unexpected. Lol. I was shocked. Im one of those guys who goes to movies with a somewhat low expectation and I did with this and was impressed big time!
Old 10-23-2005, 04:16 AM   #2
iNtell3kT
Veteran Member

iNtell3kT grasshopper
Default Re: Go See Doom!

yeh it was dope, seen it 2 days ago, i didnt fully understand the virus till the end of the movie.....i was thinkin they were zombies, but weren't, damn close but wasnt...

iNtell3kT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 03:25 AM   #3
SHRAP
PRESIDENT OF WORLD

SHRAP shaolin masta killaSHRAP shaolin masta killaSHRAP shaolin masta killaSHRAP shaolin masta killaSHRAP shaolin masta killaSHRAP shaolin masta killaSHRAP shaolin masta killa
Send a message via AIM to SHRAP Send a message via MSN to SHRAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNtell3kT
yeh it was dope, seen it 2 days ago, i didnt fully understand the virus till the end of the movie.....i was thinkin they were zombies, but weren't, damn close but wasnt...
figures this mental deficient thought doom was dope

i seen it with 3 other people on saturday and we all pretty much agreed that it wasnt dope... i thought it was aight at first but far from dope then when i looked back on it i realized what a pile of shit it was
Old 10-24-2005, 04:53 AM   #4
Bloo
Da Main Gatdamit!!!

Bloo drunken mastaBloo drunken mastaBloo drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to Bloo

I think I'ma wait for this one on DVD. I'm not too sure if I'm ok with the story line change. Virus? When did hell become such a taboo subject in hollywood?
Old 10-24-2005, 08:16 AM   #5
iNtell3kT
Veteran Member

iNtell3kT grasshopper

nah u see what happened **SPOILER** is that this virus infects the last 10% of the human DNA we know nothing about and is supposibly the blueprint for the soul, so what happens the virus infects that part of a person and turns them into a Demon, no zombie but a demon, so the demons in the movie are only infecting the "bad" or "sinful" people to turn them into demons, but u can inject the virus into a good person and they will turn into a "Super Human" as they say...its good, and apparently there isnt to many good people in excistence (skale )

ps Skale:

iNtell3kT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 01:26 PM   #6
Icurus
Veteran Member

Icurus grasshopper

Im really picky on movies. im in film school, so now I think everything is crap. The reviews for this movie are horrible. However, I loved it. I thought it was very interesting. I never played doom 3 and I know if I did, i would feel different about it, but the twist at the end was really cool. I thought the rock was good, and the main character was really good. Its not a virus by the way. its just the 24th chromosome. Its not a virus just another part of the genome that martians had when they lived there. The plot is simple but the last half hour does a 360 on you and the demons and the rock, anyway its good and entertaining. I had low expectations, its a movie based on a game come on. A hell of alot better than those horrid resident evil movies.
Game over, game of death, deadly viper poison your soul into an hymnal crepe/baseball bat tag that ass like two hand touch/inhale the exquisite ses that brings you breath/only the dead that creep can flesh be munched
Icurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 02:21 PM   #7
SHRAP
PRESIDENT OF WORLD

SHRAP shaolin masta killaSHRAP shaolin masta killaSHRAP shaolin masta killaSHRAP shaolin masta killaSHRAP shaolin masta killaSHRAP shaolin masta killaSHRAP shaolin masta killa
Send a message via AIM to SHRAP Send a message via MSN to SHRAP

the videogames had more depth than this shit
Old 10-25-2005, 03:33 PM   #8
SurreaL
SL

SurreaL shaolin monk

^ True

I predicted another resident evil and that's what I got, they should of followed the books or at least the game, but I guess there's only so much you can do with a movie. It gets a 3/5.

Protons Electrons Always Cause Explosions

This is the real Idaho
SurreaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 03:53 PM   #9
TUCO
THE DIFFERENCE

TUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killa

i wanna see this shit....that gametype camera they showed in the trailer was fuckin dope
i hope to see alotta monsters from the game in the flick too...ima go see it one of these days
and 7th....stop posting spoilers nigguh!..i almost read that one too! lol

TUCO is offline   Reply With Quote