news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 06-20-2011, 12:30 AM   #1
Fresh
the most wanted

Fresh drunken mastaFresh drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to Fresh
Question ignorance, bliss, consciousness, thought & fake reality

for us humans consciousness is everything. its the voice in our head who speaks to us, its how we perceive and think of things.

but what is it? did consciousness come about as a tool for survival? everything there is wants life from people to plants to bacteria, they all inhertely want energy to grow and live. so think of everything humans have achieved compared to all the animals and the one difference is because we are smart and adapt. the perfect all rounder capable to make the best out of any situation because of consciousness. so maybe consciouness is just survival tool, bears have claws, lions have teeth, humans have intelligence.

going further, hypothetically if a person is born and kept inside a room all it's life , with nothing to give it any information, i.e. do not let it see, hear, smell, touch or taste anything, then what becomes of it? well nothing. theres nothing for the brain to take in, so it is nothing. like a never used computer. so consciousness is not something we have but something we learn. in fact, if we dont learn anything, we dont have consciousness, so consciousness therefore is learning or "the ability to learn". that is what it is. without information we dont have consciousness because without learning we cannot know anything. this is why it takes time for a new born mind to become conscious/self aware - because a new mind has no information of anything.

ok now that we know why and what consciousness is, lets take a look from our perspective as people with a conscious mind. as i brought up earlier, everything that is, naturally strives to live and is always looking for energy to grow or to, ultimately, survive. but the problem here is that now we have developed consciousness, the greatest survival weapon we know to exist, and with it comes self awareness and thought and knowledge of our emotions. now we can ironically stop and think, "do i want to survive? why do i want to survive for survivings sake?" and "is this good or bad? does this make me feel good or bad?" so now, although we all still feel it, surviving is not everything to us. emotions now play a part because emotions effect how our consciousness feels which in turn effects everything for that person. this is huge. a human now has the oppurtunity to look at their life and ask, "do i hate my life? would i rather die now rather than survive and be unhappy?"

this now brings us to look at life in a different way than ever before. surviving is not as important as our emotions. we all know the saying "ignorance is bliss", well its a popular saying for a reason. if a child was adopted into a loving family and led a happy life, is there any reason to tell them those parents are not the childs real parents? if a child was raped at 2 years old, do you think you should inform them of this when they are 18? is the truth more important than how we feel? the answer is no.

people widely believe in knowledge, learning all they can, reaching the truth. but where does this lead you? where will you end up? once you know everything, what will then happen? compare these questions with the thought of having an option to live in a chosen fake reality. hypotehtical situations such as permanently living in a good dream, being hooked up to a machine in which you choose the life you want - maybe you already used this machine, but it is doubtful, because a good guess is that you would not have picked this life.

think about this. if you were having a good dream, would you want it to go on forever or would you rather wake up? forever feeling good in a false world or the live the life you currently live?

unfortunetly these hypothetical forever-long dreams do not exist in our world. we have to make the best with what we can. one thing we can do is stop looking for answers. it will get us nowhere. we need to be content with what we have. the more corrupt information we take in the bigger negative effect it will have.

since our consciousness has now learnt from information, how we feel is now everything. our emotions are now everything. and if ignorance is truely bliss, would it be better if we didnt have consciousness at all? would it be better to have never have been born?
Old 06-20-2011, 02:13 AM   #2
APOLLO STASH
Bag 40s like cougar town

APOLLO STASH five deadly venomsAPOLLO STASH five deadly venomsAPOLLO STASH five deadly venomsAPOLLO STASH five deadly venomsAPOLLO STASH five deadly venomsAPOLLO STASH five deadly venomsAPOLLO STASH five deadly venomsAPOLLO STASH five deadly venomsAPOLLO STASH five deadly venomsAPOLLO STASH five deadly venoms

blew my mind

APOLLO STASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 03:01 PM   #3
Face of the Golden Falcon
...born of a future war

Face of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venoms
Send a message via MSN to Face of the Golden Falcon

...I respectfuly disagree with your summary of why and what consciousness is and therefore disagree with the bulk of your post. Don't have time to get into now though. I'll reply later more in depth.

HETEPU

Req Em Ab

Face of the Golden Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:38 PM   #4
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

let me just say i appericate you posting in KTL(hope you continue)

First and foremost, humanity isn't the only species on this planet with consciousness, and not the only creature that is self-aware. Everything is conscious, it has to be. Something has to direct those atoms to take shape and form what we perceive to be solidarity. The notion that this occurred purely by coincidence and accident is nonsense.

I for one do not find ignorance to be blissful. In fact I find it to be completely contradictory of that. Ignorance and a lack of willingness to educate one's self has been the direct cause of the current state of the human world. It's because of that ignorance and desire to ignore reality, that allows a hand full of people to herd seven billion people like a livestock herd.

Last edited by Fatal Guillotine; 06-24-2011 at 12:45 PM.
Fatal Guillotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 04:15 AM   #5
Fresh
the most wanted

Fresh drunken mastaFresh drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to Fresh

i agree that we are not the only conscious beings. as said earlier, consciousness is the ability to take in information and use it. but humans are far far greater at this than any other creatur. the difference is intelligence. cats dont (as an eduated guess) lay in bed and think "is that person bad? was it okay that i killed a bird today? am i a good cat?" because they are not smart enough to do so. and so with no thought how can animals serve a purpose in this debate?

animals are very interesting in this sense because we can never know how conscious/intelligent they truely are. are cats physically limited by an unintelligent brain, or do they have the potential for human-like consciousness and are they simply not educated enough? well lets look at another very important part of the equatiion..... language.

adam and eve are the first 2 humans in existance. imagine you are adam. you have no words as language has not been created. how do you communicate to eve? well you communicate by pyschalitity. if you want to communicate good feelings to eve you can tickle her feet or breath on her neck. ok. but how do you communicate with yourself? how can you lay in bed at night and think, "is eve bad? was it okay that i killed a bear today? am i a good person?" well without language you cant. you can only think through images and psychalitity. you may link eves sad face, her negative behaviour when she has a sad face, and how the bear you killed pulled that same face when it was dying, but you never really ask the why or connect the dots. now, doesnt this behaviour sound very similar to our cat friend? without language we cannot think to ourseleves, we process porlems through trial and error and learn through repitition - because we cannot ask the why. so are cats pyscially limited from consciousness because of an unintelligent brain, or are they like the first humans with massive untapped potential? if a cat knew the english language, what would it be like to talk to?

i believe you may have missed my point on ignorance. i am talking about our innerself and mind rather than worldly matters. you eat a bowl of soup but there is a fly in it. would you prefer to have eatten the soup and enjoyed it, or to have eatten the soup but right after you finish someone tells you that there was a fly in it? which option would you rather choose? the bad truth or a good fake reality?

it is a very important question you have to ask yourself because the way you see these things is how you choose to experience your life. ive always been a critical thinker, as a child i remember i used to look as religions, and religious people, and look down on them. i would think, "talking snakes? a god who is everywhere? these people are so damn stupid, morons!". as ive grown as realised that while i still may be right, where has it left me? what has this critical mindset brought me? i now see that all that matters is how your mind feels and experiences. i wish i could be gulliable enough to buy into religions, so that i could live in peace and be happy that my good life will be greeted with forever happiness in heaven. i wish i could in any mindset at all, a dream, the matrix, anywhere where my mind is at peace and happy, even in death
Old 06-26-2011, 02:54 PM   #6
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I think your confusing logic and knowledge and intelligence with consciousness. They are separate things. Consciousness experiences the mind and the mind is what does stuff with the info. Consciousness is also not bound to the mind.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:32 AM   #7
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

up
Old 08-13-2012, 08:43 AM   #8
John Nash
supreme maths GOD degree

Location: I don't live with my mum, my mum lives with me, biatch
John Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal son

It will b interesting to see life from a plants consciousness cuz plants turn to the sun and stuff but I don't think they have a brain
at least you fuckin an animal you are giving it pleasure instead of giving it pain.....better karma for you......
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
No i'm not a idiot. If i was a idiot, i'd be a criminal. There's nothing wrong with admitting you're afraid of something.
John Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:59 AM   #9
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

their brain is in the ground. they take in carbonmonoxide and make oxygen

our brains reach for the sky above ground. we take in oxygen and make carbonmonoxide (spelling).