0
 

home
news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > General Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2011, 06:43 AM   #31
IrOnMaN
I understand
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
Posts: 9,116
Rep Power: 43
IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoarzHeadBoy View Post
Not that I'm saying you are one of these people (I might be), but most people who work minimum wage would be getting paid even less in a free market because they aren't even worth minimum wage to employ because they just suck at life. If supply and demand had its way most of these people would be dead, not self proclaimed "underpaid".

You have to think about the people themselves and what they're going through. In this tough economy, people will take any type of job. There are college grads. working min. wage jobs because they can't find anything else. People are even enlisting in the military because THEY NEED A JOB! Obviously, it's extremely embarrassing but one could make the argument that one needs income regardless of what it is or people will hate you for just being unemployed. Second, some smart people have reached a dead end in their lives to the point where they've given up due to a lack of resources like a good family, connections, real friends, a car, etc. It's true.

You hear the stories about people losing everything they've owned. As a result, people deplete their savings and are homelessness and hungry in the end. It's real but people don't want to accept it.

As I said before, not everyone has it good in America. Some people have to work their butts off to reach the top from the bottom and the bottom is dirty!

It's all about money.
IrOnMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:57 AM   #32
CEITEDMOFO
DuncanHine Monument Cakes
 
CEITEDMOFO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NEW JERUSALEM
Age: 33
Posts: 13,773
Rep Power: 81
CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default

I GET MAXIMUM WAGe
__________________

CEITEDMOFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:13 AM   #33
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds
 
ShaDynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: MAFIA LAND
Posts: 11,688
Rep Power: 63
ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEITEDMOFO View Post
I CAN SEE SOSA NOW, BLUSHING WHEN EVER A EX HIGHSCHOOL FOOTBALL PLAYER FROM HIS OL HIGHSCHOOL WHILE HE FOLDS CLOTHES @ THE GAP WHILE WEARING "smart pants"
You're like a vindictive Karl Pilkington.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoarzHeadBoy View Post
Not that I'm saying you are one of these people (I might be), but most people who work minimum wage would be getting paid even less in a free market because they aren't even worth minimum wage to employ because they just suck at life. If supply and demand had its way most of these people would be dead, not self proclaimed "underpaid".
You probably right. I just know that for me the decision between taking a job I hate for money versus scraping by on the little I have is a no brainer. I worked full time for 5 years, and its utterly pointless. You work 40 hours a week and you get your money, but on my day off I'd be too tired to do anything. And my life was stuck in one position, I couldn't improve my life or have enough time for things i'm passionate about, the relationships I had suffered.

I'm going to university next year so thats a few years I won't have to put up with bullshit jobs, and hopefully when i'm done I can get a nice high paying one, or really what i'm hoping is that I blow up in a creative field.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:06 PM   #34
TheBoarzHeadBoy
כהן גדול
 
TheBoarzHeadBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 3,682
Rep Power: 0
TheBoarzHeadBoy drunken mastaTheBoarzHeadBoy drunken masta
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
You have to think about the people themselves and what they're going through. In this tough economy, people will take any type of job. There are college grads. working min. wage jobs because they can't find anything else. People are even enlisting in the military because THEY NEED A JOB! Obviously, it's extremely embarrassing but one could make the argument that one needs income regardless of what it is or people will hate you for just being unemployed. Second, some smart people have reached a dead end in their lives to the point where they've given up due to a lack of resources like a good family, connections, real friends, a car, etc. It's true.

You hear the stories about people losing everything they've owned. As a result, people deplete their savings and are homelessness and hungry in the end. It's real but people don't want to accept it.

As I said before, not everyone has it good in America. Some people have to work their butts off to reach the top from the bottom and the bottom is dirty!

It's all about money.
I have nothing against the guy working minimum wage. What I'm talking about is all the people who are dragging their ass through life. There are plenty of people who get paid minimum wage and deserve more than they're getting, because they work fucking hard. Hopefully their bosses see this and can help them. But you've got people on welfare and people who are incompetent and shouldn't even get minimum wages.

Like I understand that the guy at BK can't really speak English, that's not his fault. However that makes him incompetent at his job, and no offense but anyone who can speak English and isn't retarded will do that job better than him. So he doesn't really deserve that pay and in the wild he would die for it.

Basically there are a fair number of people who could maybe survive as laborers, and another fair number of people who couldn't even manage that. Like by keeping these people in the game we dilute the system and these people raise their kids into poverty and its an endless cycle. At some point they're forced to become thieves in some way or another, parasites off the group, dead weight, and then society has to reject them.
__________________
HANKERING FOR SOME BEEF CURTAINS

Last edited by TheBoarzHeadBoy; 08-29-2011 at 04:09 PM.
TheBoarzHeadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:15 PM   #35
wuswordz95
Veteran Member
 
wuswordz95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 32
Posts: 2,721
Rep Power: 0
wuswordz95 drunken mastawuswordz95 drunken mastawuswordz95 drunken masta
Default

i hate group interviews i went to a toys r us one. i told them shit like apeople person. i work well along all. then they gave us a stupid test your sales technique. my job was to sell a stupid car window tinter. what the fuck. i didnt know you haVE TO HAVE SALES SKILLS TO WORK AT TOYS R US. when I go in there no tru employee is trying to sell me a product. well i didnt get the job. the only regret I had was holding back my opinon. I wanted to say the transformers movie was a fucking a joke and who the fuck is wall E
wuswordz95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:06 PM   #36
BASCO
ill crew of psychoz
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 492
Rep Power: 0
BASCO iron monkeyBASCO iron monkeyBASCO iron monkeyBASCO iron monkeyBASCO iron monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
You're like a vindictive Karl Pilkington.



You probably right. I just know that for me the decision between taking a job I hate for money versus scraping by on the little I have is a no brainer. I worked full time for 5 years, and its utterly pointless. You work 40 hours a week and you get your money, but on my day off I'd be too tired to do anything. And my life was stuck in one position, I couldn't improve my life or have enough time for things i'm passionate about, the relationships I had suffered.

I'm going to university next year so thats a few years I won't have to put up with bullshit jobs, and hopefully when i'm done I can get a nice high paying one, or really what i'm hoping is that I blow up in a creative field.
if your going to do a shit degree then you might as well not go ... all that's gonna happen is that your going to be jobless except now you have a fuckload of debt. my homeboi just got his art degree and the nigga's working at fuckin wendys ...



smh
BASCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:26 PM   #37
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds
 
ShaDynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: MAFIA LAND
Posts: 11,688
Rep Power: 63
ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASCO View Post
if your going to do a shit degree then you might as well not go ... all that's gonna happen is that your going to be jobless except now you have a fuckload of debt. my homeboi just got his art degree and the nigga's working at fuckin wendys ...



smh
thanks buddy!

First off you're assuming i'm a talentless piece of shit, which may or may not be true.

Second, the debt doesn't have to paid off all at once and they're not gonna send rocky over to threaten me for it.

Third, I don't really have high expectations. I hope something good will come out of it but if it doesn't then it was an experience and I can say I did it.

You want me to take a law degree or architecture or something? sell real estate? because its practical? Christ do that shit yourself if you're that bothered. I'm not wasting time on shitty jobs or things that don't interest me, if that means I spend the next 40 years in higher education then thats what it means.



lick my balls basco
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:36 PM   #38
EAGLE EYE
0110111101110000011001010111001001100001011101000110100101101111011011100010000001100111011101010110100101101100011011000110111101110100011010010110111001100101
 
EAGLE EYE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Quantum Computer
Posts: 40,495
Rep Power: 10
EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
First off you're assuming i'm a talentless piece of shit, which may or may not be true.

__________________




EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:23 PM   #39
Zhang Sanfeng
All.In.Together.
 
Zhang Sanfeng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Age: 38
Posts: 23
Rep Power: 0
Zhang Sanfeng Imbecile
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
Since I know you're all really interested in my life, I thought I'd let you know about my job interview this friday. Its a dead end, bullshit job but it should be pretty easy.

Its for surfer/hippie clothing store Fat Face. I don't know how to nail this job. Even when I had the interview when I was chewing gum I was wearing a dress shirt and smart pants. But these guys market are beach dwelling stoners. I've been to the beach about twice and wouldn't be caught dead wearing any of the shit they sell.

My standard attire is a white T-Shirt, Ecko Jeans, Wallabees or K-Swiss shoes and some kind of hat depending on my mood. I could study 'Point Break' to get into the mindset of a person that wears lame clothes. I think I'll wear shorts just in case. Maybe I should hint that I smoke weed. Fuck it i'm just gonna dress and act like Wiz Khalifa.

If you have any ideas how I can get this job/not get this job or just do something stupid in the interview let us know.

Anyway I don't really care either way if I get this job or not, but I thought you guys would like to know.
You don't care if you get the job? Yea, start a thread about not wanting to get a job. Do you work now?
__________________
Because men are weak, because their cursed with envy and cowardness,...because they can dream of truth, but cannot live with it...They doubt. They Doubt. The fools.
Zhang Sanfeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:04 PM   #40
IrOnMaN
I understand
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
Posts: 9,116
Rep Power: 43
IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASCO View Post
if your going to do a shit degree then you might as well not go ... all that's gonna happen is that your going to be jobless except now you have a fuckload of debt. my homeboi just got his art degree and the nigga's working at fuckin wendys ...

You're in college, right?


At the rate America is going with this education thing, I might as well pursue a master's degree and then a Ph.D just in order to retire with a pension and have money saved up.

Online degrees from crappy colleges, crappy public education, etc. It's the business of education. We're being sold a dream, the American Dream. I mean, don't get me wrong, the American Dream still exists but for only certain people. That's the truth, unfortunately.
IrOnMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:06 PM   #41
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds
 
ShaDynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: MAFIA LAND
Posts: 11,688
Rep Power: 63
ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhang Sanfeng View Post
You don't care if you get the job? Yea, start a thread about not wanting to get a job. Do you work now?
I did start a thread about not wanting a job, I have to go to these things. You should start a thread where you say something that doesn't have a point.

I'm getting a job this week, its the easy option. I'm gonna work at the convenience store down my street for a few days a week. I can do 16 hours a week without it really affecting my non profitable pursuit schedule.

Also budweiser and x's don't pay for themselfs.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:40 PM   #42
Zhang Sanfeng
All.In.Together.
 
Zhang Sanfeng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Age: 38
Posts: 23
Rep Power: 0
Zhang Sanfeng Imbecile
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
I did start a thread about not wanting a job, I have to go to these things. You should start a thread where you say something that doesn't have a point.

I'm getting a job this week, its the easy option. I'm gonna work at the convenience store down my street for a few days a week. I can do 16 hours a week without it really affecting my non profitable pursuit schedule.

Also budweiser and x's don't pay for themselfs.
You in school or something? There's enough threads that don't have points, no need of my contribution there.

My thing is, why go thru the trouble of the interview if its something that you don't want to do in the first place? Also, shitty beer and fake molly is a waste of money bruh
__________________
Because men are weak, because their cursed with envy and cowardness,...because they can dream of truth, but cannot live with it...They doubt. They Doubt. The fools.
Zhang Sanfeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:50 PM   #43
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds
 
ShaDynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: MAFIA LAND
Posts: 11,688
Rep Power: 63
ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty
Default

The government gives people money for looking for jobs.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:49 PM   #44
Dr Sleepwalker
Sleepyheaded Nonsense
 
Dr Sleepwalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Offside
Age: 26
Posts: 948
Rep Power: 10
Dr Sleepwalker iron monkeyDr Sleepwalker iron monkeyDr Sleepwalker iron monkeyDr Sleepwalker iron monkey
Default

^bottom feeder
__________________
Dr Sleepwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:53 PM   #45
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds
 
ShaDynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: MAFIA LAND
Posts: 11,688
Rep Power: 63
ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty
Default

Got a job in the cinema. How long you think it'll take before I get fired or quit?
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:37 AM.


Copyright 2000 - 2013 The Wu-Tang Corp. & shift-one