news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > General Chat

Old 03-08-2014, 03:41 PM   #1
IrOnMaN
{-____-}

IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Exclamation Homeless Stories: Survival

For the individuals who're living on the streets and in the shelters across America, one may think that the people living that way put themselves in that position. Homelessness isn't a choice, it's forced on those who lost everything because they couldn't find any alternatives to steer them out of a direction that leads to nowhere! It's extremely dehumanizing in every way imaginable!

Without resources to rely on such as family, real friends, a decent savings, etc, one will be left without anywhere to go. People who're in these situations asks themselves, "Why me and why now?" It's tough for an individual to look themselves in the mirror and then smile. Take it from someone who's been down that road, it's not relatively easy as you might think!

In a country that's as rich as America, you'd think that real homelessness shouldn't be as wide spread as it is now, right? WRONG! In New York, NY former mayor Bloomberg idiotic decision caused wide spread homelessness throughout New York. The city and the state (I believe) provided people rent vouchers to assist with their monthly rent. Well, the powers that be thought it'd be beneficial to save money by cutting the rent voucher program. As a result, thousands of people were homeless because they couldn't afford New York's high rents! So, people turned to the streets and to the shelters for survival. (On average, it costs a shelter $36,000 to care for a family and $20,000 for an individual per year. They didn't entirely think this through when they cut the program. The vouchers provided people $10,000/year for rent assistance.)

In Detroit, MI homelessness is a level lower than dehumanization. The shelters are always crowded and the staff has no respect nor care for the homeless. Not everyone is a drug addict, an ex-con, or a low life. There are people who're trying to make it out but it's not easy if people are constantly being put down for possessing very little. I've talked to people who have Master degrees trying to obtain employment....they can't find work!

The man in the video name is Ronald Davis, a homeless man who lives in Chicago. Unfortunately, in order to make money, he panhandles everyday and often sleeps on the streets. I felt bad for him because people dehumanize him EVERY SINGLE DAY! He can't get a job, he has no home, he has no real family, and to make matters worse, he lives in Chicago. (I think Ronald is doing better. People have reached out to Ronald to help him survive) He's just surviving the streets on a daily basis. He can't afford to live his life the American way.

One thing that I've learned in life is that poverty will always be present. No one can't escape it nor cure it. It'll always be around regardless of the financial status of a country. Surviving and then overcoming homelessness is a challenge itself. No one wants to survive being homeless again. They don't want to revisit the pain of lost and embarrassment.

IrOnMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:06 PM   #2
IrOnMaN
{-____-}

IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Too long of a read?

Old 03-13-2014, 12:03 PM   #3
IrOnMaN
{-____-}

A Ph.D in Physics and he's homeless. Seriously?

Old 03-13-2014, 12:27 PM   #4
diggy
The ABBOTT

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I don't wanna watch those long vids. Could anybody explain quickly why they are homeless? Did they get laid-off, wife take them to the cleaners, illness which left them broke, etc. What was it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
I personally find FMJ's approach to message boarding hilarious, considering we've got a lot of people here who often overcompensate for being heterosexual.

The one's who
lose it over his soft, gay care-free posts are suspect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Blue Danny Kid View Post
Ahh, the numerical mythology of the homosexual african-canadian wu-tang fan is truly strange and wondrous.

What a unique people.

Quote:
Believe it or not, lobster and crabs are crustaceans and are a part of the arthropod family, which include caterpillars, cockroaches, and spiders!
diggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:27 PM   #5
BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
Are U aware I ban @ will?

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Economics and mental instability
Old 03-13-2014, 12:30 PM   #6
diggy
The ABBOTT

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Ok. Didn't feel like reading the initial long post and watching the vid.

Quote:
I personally find FMJ's approach to message boarding hilarious, considering we've got a lot of people here who often overcompensate for being heterosexual.

The one's who
Quote:
Ahh, the numerical mythology of the homosexual african-canadian wu-tang fan is truly strange and wondrous.

What a unique people.

Quote:
Believe it or not, lobster and crabs are crustaceans and are a part of the arthropod family, which include caterpillars, cockroaches, and spiders!
Old 03-13-2014, 02:57 PM   #7
IrOnMaN
{-____-}

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggy View Post
I don't wanna watch those long vids. Could anybody explain quickly why they are homeless? Did they get laid-off, wife take them to the cleaners, illness which left them broke, etc. What was it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI View Post
Economics and mental instability

The purpose of this thread is to acknowledge that homelessness isn't a choice, it's forced on people who're struggling both mentally and financially (excluding drugs addicts and criminals). Surviving homelessness is the key.

This thread is part 2 of Homeless Stories.

Old 03-13-2014, 03:13 PM   #8
CEITEDMOFO
DuncanHine Monument Cakes

CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post

THAT HALF A NEGRO NEEDS TO MOVE TO D.C. TRYING TO GET HIRED IN BOSTON

YOU CAN TELL HE HAS A DEGREE CAUSE HES A OVERWEIGHT HOMELESS MAn

CEITEDMOFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 03:44 PM   #9
KERZO
☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀

KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I love your attitude heat. Sensitive motherfuckers make me wanna dropkick a budgie

KERZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:53 PM   #10
IrOnMaN
{-____-}

Quote:
Originally Posted by KERZO View Post
I love your attitude heat. Sensitive motherfuckers make me wanna dropkick a budgie
How is he (the guy in the video) sensitive?

Old 03-13-2014, 11:09 PM   #11
TSA
www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post

People think they're entitled to the world because they have degrees. It's really obnoxious.

Though they need to reduce the retirement age because nobody wants to hire old people. Being old and black would be even tougher and having an address at a homeless shelter would be ether.

I used to supervise a shelter though, and I can tell you that he's probably not telling the full story. If i were him i'd just go back to school and live off the loans still he dies or gets a real job since he's a good student.

Last edited by TSA; 03-13-2014 at 11:15 PM.
TSA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:51 AM   #12
EAGLE EYE
Operation Guillotine

EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
People think they're entitled to the world because they have degrees. It's really obnoxious.
I don't understand that mentality either, especially when history shows time after time that the majority of society can tend to be hostile towards some the most brilliant minds.

Look at how people like Socrates or Alan Turing were treated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bandana View Post
you dont want me coming around dressed in black homie
Quote:
Honestly dude, this is why I want to go to hell. Hell is crackin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crump Diddy View Post
Did I scare you?
EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 04:13 PM   #13
IrOnMaN
{-____-}

Quote:

Though they need to reduce the retirement age because nobody wants to hire old people. Being old and black would be even tougher and having an address at a homeless shelter would be ether.

I used to supervise a shelter though, and I can tell you that he's probably not telling the full story. If i were him i'd just go back to school and live off the loans still he dies or gets a real job since he's a good student.

Go back to school for what? He has a Ph.D in Physics. The man is educated enough. What he truly needs is to get back on his feet.

Old 03-14-2014, 06:18 PM   #14
TSA
www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

no dude just cheat the system. If he stays in school his entire life he'll never have to fag his loans. He's a good student, obviously, so he it won't stress him out..or at least to the extent that homelessness will stress a person out. Just keep enrolling and taking loans and scholarships he can live on. People that are academically talented like himself haven't explored that option as much as they should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLE EYE View Post
I don't understand that mentality either, especially when history shows time after time that the majority of society can tend to be hostile towards some the most brilliant minds.

Look at how people like Socrates or Alan Turing were treated.
I think we fucked up as a collective by advertising high education, an institution for academic and interpersonal development, as a 4 year job prep course.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:33 PM   #15
diggy
The ABBOTT

Quote:
no dude just cheat the system. If he stays in school his entire life he'll never have to fag his loans.
smh.

There maybe some non-shady way to survive.

Quote:

The one's who
Quote:

What a unique people.

Quote: