news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 07-03-2011, 08:48 PM   #181
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxy View Post
You ride with your windows down to that shit, you should get laughed at.
I laugh at you for not listening.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:52 PM   #182
Jinxy

Jinxy drunken mastaJinxy drunken masta

I listened, I was just appalled.
Jinxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:53 PM   #183
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxy View Post
Cage to me has stuff that looks good on paper, but his delivery and his flow are just sub par. He sounds like a squeaky little kid half the time and as much as I liked Movies for the Blind his emo shit is just sort of corny to me.
your out your goddamn mind.
cage kennylz pen game is fuckin ILL. and the honky can flow and ride beats well. overcoming that stereotype that a lot of honkeys cant overcome.

this joint is hip hop storytelling at its finest.

movies for the blind
waterworld
hells winter
nighthawks
weatherproof ep

fuck, even though depart from me was not the cage we all know and like, he damn sure didnt lose anything lyrically on that album. it was just the sub-par beats amd his new emo white boy attitude. its not great, but its not awful.

depart from me is actually less "emo" than what i've heard from this godawful album ya'll are discussing in this thread. lol

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:05 PM   #184
Jinxy

[QUOTE=main_man;2120429]your out your goddamn mind.
cage kennylz pen game is fuckin ILL.

I said his shit looks good on paper, I'm aware he can write. That's not the issue. The issue is him as a vocalist, he's nasal, squeaky and at times he just sounds off.
Perfect example

Copy is how you should sound over that beat, Cage has the best lyrics, but his flow is basic and unimpressive. He sounds like a midget eminem with a cold.
I don't think flow when I think Cage, I think lyrics. He tries to come off hard with that doctor patience/patients bit but just doesn't have the voice for it. He has trouble emoting and can be very monotonous.
And I like that track.

I get that people think he's great but he's just another white indie rapper. Dime a dozen. The only thing that stands out is when he has great one liners but I can't really get into what he does these days. I blame that mostly on Def Jux production.

Which I'm not a fan of.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:16 PM   #185
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

his nasal flow is very much inspired by b-real. and he puts it to good use. it makes his perceived insanity just a little bit more believable.

cat can write. cat can rap.

and while there a a WHOLE lotta dime a dozen indie white rappers, Cage is not one of them at all. copywrite falls more into that catagory, for real. and i like copy.

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:21 PM   #186
Prime8
a.k.a. The Great'

Prime8 iron monkeyPrime8 iron monkeyPrime8 iron monkeyPrime8 iron monkeyPrime8 iron monkey

I like Cage's delivery, voice, lyrics etc.

Cage >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Eminem.

"Do I make music, or is music making me?"
"Fuck your head up, like corn rows put in by blind giants"

ILL

I still haven't got the Weatherproof EP. : /

For Your Box is pretty dope too.

He left Def Jux.
He also said he's going back to his old style, but not promoting LSD or PCP.
I'm not sure if his solo album or his Aesop collab are coming out first though.

Last edited by Prime8; 07-03-2011 at 09:27 PM.
Prime8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:32 PM   #187
Jinxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by main_man View Post
his nasal flow is very much inspired by b-real. and he puts it to good use. it makes his perceived insanity just a little bit more believable.

cat can write. cat can rap.

and while there a a WHOLE lotta dime a dozen indie white rappers, Cage is not one of them at all. copywrite falls more into that catagory, for real. and i like copy.
I don't think his being nasal is by choice, most people just sound that way or don't.
B-real has a unique "ultra-scientifical" delivery that stresses the end of certain words and makes him sound a certain way. Cage doesn't really remind me of that.

Copy isn't special by any means, I just much prefer his flow and delivery to Cage's.
As for the Eminem Cage debate, I think when it comes to making songs Em USED to write better hooks and makes better music, though I think Cage has better lyrics.

I haven't liked Eminem since the Eminem show though.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:37 PM   #188
Prime8
a.k.a. The Great'

Prime8 iron monkeyPrime8 iron monkeyPrime8 iron monkeyPrime8 iron monkeyPrime8 iron monkey

I didn't even like The Eminem Show. Half the album was shit, IMO.

I understand, it's entirely preference.

There are 3 albums that I could listen to a 1,000 times, and I wouldn't get bored.
CanOx - The Cold Vein
Jedi Mind Tricks - Violent By Design
Cage - Movies For The Blind

I don't know why, I just love them.

This thread has really gone off topic. LoL

Last edited by Prime8; 07-04-2011 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Needed to add JMT - VbD
Prime8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:26 AM   #189
buckshotstheone
Legend

buckshotstheone shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to buckshotstheone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime8 View Post
"Do I make music, or is music making me?"
"Fuck your head up, like corn rows put in by blind giants"

ILL
That's your definition of ill? Wow, so clearly you don't listen to any good rappers. No doubt.

How did this thread go from discussing the Based God, an actual rapper, to discussing a bunch of cornball white people thinking they can rap?
buckshotstheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:39 AM   #190
Prime8
a.k.a. The Great'

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshotstheone View Post
That's your definition of ill? Wow, so clearly you don't listen to any good rappers. No doubt.

How did this thread go from discussing the Based God, an actual rapper, to discussing a bunch of cornball white people thinking they can rap?
Cage =/= my favourite rapper.

My Favourites At The Moment:
(No Order)
Nas
One Be Lo
Qwel
Black Thought
L'Roneous
Cage
eLZhi
Reks
Masta Ace
GZa
Gift of Gab
Shad
Tonedeff
Aceyalone
Az

If you're telling me that they're not dope rappers... GTFO.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:41 AM   #191
THE MASON
Winter is Coming

THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

@buckshot

your statement is hilarious because you have to be the most self loathin person on the planet next inspetahmethtical, or hes ya secondary and you hate your life that much.

ELITE STATUS
THE MASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:52 AM   #192
buckshotstheone
Legend

Quote:
Cage =/= my favourite rapper.

My Favourites At The Moment:
(No Order)
Nas
One Be Lo
Qwel
Black Thought
L'Roneous
Cage
eLZhi
Reks
Masta Ace
GZa
Gift of Gab
Shad
Tonedeff
Aceyalone
Az

If you're telling me that they're not dope rappers... GTFO.
I'm telling you that just cause someone can rap doesn't mean they should.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:53 AM   #193
buckshotstheone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronze Feet View Post
@buckshot

your statement is hilarious because you have to be the most self loathin person on the planet next inspetahmethtical, or hes ya secondary and you hate your life that much.

quite the opposite, i love how lucky i am. how could i hate having such a privileged life?
Old 07-04-2011, 12:01 PM   #194
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

Quote:
No order.

Cage
Qwel
Sadistik
Prolyphic
Kno

He probably wouldn't be #6 either. He'd be 9-10 tops.

@ Barcode.

Blackalicious - Blazing Arrow & Nia are both amazing.
Extended F@mm is Tonedeff + a few others. Get Tonedeff's solo 1st.
Gift of Gab (MC of Blackalicious) - 4th Dimensional Rocket Ships Going Up is amazing.
L'Roneous - Imaginarium (In My Sig)
Percee P - Perseverance, dope album
Sadistik - The Balancing Act. It's kinda emo rap but his internals are crazy.
Tonedeff - Archetype & Underscore. Tonedeff's rhyme scheme and flow are unmatched by anyone ever.

If you need links PM me.

R.A. himself would tell you that aint none of those cats above him and what he has done.The crustified dibbs album shits all over Cage's best work. Do you though.
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:04 PM   #195
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

best white rapper or MC is EDAN and everybody knows this.just one song from Edan shuts movies for the blind down. #myopinion
INF is offline   Reply With Quote