news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber > Lyric Interpretation

Old 07-01-2011, 08:59 PM   #1
David Daniel Davis
PRODIGAL SUN

David Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venoms
Default Nas; you will build defensive structures and fall asleep.

What was that supposed to mean?; that Nas will build a wall like the Great Wall of China to defend himself from Warcloud's lyrical assault and then will be so exhausted afterwards that he is knocked out?
David Daniel Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:56 AM   #2
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

nas will think he is safe after building defensive structures and not expect the warcloud onslaught
Old 07-15-2011, 08:10 AM   #3
ShaDynasty
Balance at all costs

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

What I think it means is that Warcloud sucks.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:43 AM   #4
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

lyric of the year
Old 07-15-2011, 08:19 PM   #5
ShaDynasty
Balance at all costs

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

LOL. Anyone can write a lyric like that.

'Jay-Z you will buy a condo and take a bath'

'Canibus you will buy an AK47 but leave the safety on'

'Warcloud you talk shit and Nas will not react'

He sounds like Miss Cleo.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:21 PM   #6
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

hahahah
yeah, that and the jadakiss diss are garbage and id admit it
Old 07-15-2011, 09:49 PM   #7
Creepshow
Pirate Gunslinger

Creepshow iron monkeyCreepshow iron monkeyCreepshow iron monkey

The only Warcloud material that truly disappointed me lol
Old 07-16-2011, 06:08 PM   #8
theDZA
ADEPT

theDZA iron monkeytheDZA iron monkeytheDZA iron monkeytheDZA iron monkeytheDZA iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
LOL. Anyone can write a lyric like that.

'Jay-Z you will buy a condo and take a bath'

'Canibus you will buy an AK47 but leave the safety on'

'Warcloud you talk shit and Nas will not react'

He sounds like Miss Cleo.
hahahaha

i dont get whats up with some of the posters on here stanning warcloud to fuck, he is alryt

but lets be real, Nas >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Warcloud/holocaust
Old 07-16-2011, 06:21 PM   #9
Creepshow
Pirate Gunslinger

Creepshow iron monkeyCreepshow iron monkeyCreepshow iron monkey

For the record, there is only 1 Robot Tank. I don't really care if others like him or not.

And why would you compare The Sign of Hells Winter to Nas? He ain't trying to sound like Nas. Holocaust ain't trying to sound like anyone. He's just being, well... himself lol

I love visiting the island of Dr Warcloud. It's marvelous there.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:20 AM   #10
biblebullet
Veteran Member

biblebullet shaolin monk
Send a message via MSN to biblebullet Send a message via Yahoo to biblebullet

What i also dont get is why he said the radio was invented by whoever in Italy. What has that got to do in a diss song?? I wonder
Old 08-10-2012, 11:49 AM   #11
Seanuz

Seanuz grasshopper

First of all those Nas and Jada disses are awesome tracks.

And secondly in reply to this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by biblebullet View Post
What i also dont get is why he said the radio was invented by whoever in Italy. What has that got to do in a diss song?? I wonder
the line is "The radio was invented by Guglielmo Marconi in Italy
The year 1895..."

So this diss track works by trying undermine or downright overthrow Nas' legacy in the hip-hop world and the greater world at large. He's not trying to diss his dress sense or something stupid like that, he is trying to diss Nas' entire existence.

Now the 'radio' line only makes sense if we're aware of what I just said.
Guglielmo Marconi was obviously an inventor, known primarily as being the inventor of radio. So he's got a place in the history books as an inventor of something important and influential.
Holo uses this fact because this is something that Nas is not. Nas isn't the inventor of any particular styles in the way that Holo is.

You can see some evidence of why Holo thinks Nas is not inventive enough in the third line when Holo uses the term "Death Certificate thief" where he is referencing Ice Cube's 1991 album 'Death Certificate', implying that Nas simply stole Ice Cube's style and subject matter on this album for use in his own work.

Anyway I thought all that was pretty obvious. I guess some people are used to listening to Dr Seuss kindergarten rhymes.
Seanuz is offline   Reply With Quote