news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber > Album Reviews

View Poll Results: Rate Legendary Weapons
5 Star Classic 4 8.89%
4 Star Banger 29 64.44%
3 Star Decent 10 22.22%
2 Star Boring 1 2.22%
1 Star Wack 1 2.22%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-23-2011, 12:51 PM   #16
Mista JpKoff
The Cooker

Mista JpKoff crouching tiger

its not about your opinion on the music
everybody has one and none is less valid than another
its about how you write a review
enumerating "mistakes" and distributing points... none of this is factual yet you write it the same way i correct my students dissertations
music is about what you feel. a music writer works best when he describes what he feels when listening to an album, i dont know, let your mind flow and elaborate, look for the story thats been told through the sequencing of the tracks, the overall sound of the beats, the lyrics.... dont be so narrow minded and look for positive or negative points like a judge, taking it for facts.
writing about music should not be like dissecting a dead animal, thats why i dislike this review, theres no heart in it.

STREET CORNER, by MANO
Mista JpKoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 01:07 PM   #17
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

That wasn't the point I was making at all. What you don't seem to understand, is that I try to encapsulate the overall vibe of the fans, I listen to their complaints and take that into account when writing my review. I could sugarcoat it, and tell how sweet and happy that makes me feel, but that wouldn't be exactly analytical, would it? Every single other person who does reviews on this site, goes on ad nauseum about their feelings. That's what makes me different. I strive to give facts about the album, and the overall mood of the fans. It is what it is.

That said, you coming in here and judging me and not the album itself is a complete waste of time and energy on your part. My review isn't what's important, the music is. And not only did you give no explanation as to why you thought my review sucked, you didn't say a single word about the album.

^^^You write that mess and claim to correct "your" students dissertations? Ok. Now it's clear who I'm dealing with.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:02 AM   #18
Mista JpKoff
The Cooker

Quote:
but that wouldn't be exactly analytical, would it?
yeah that was my point, it AINT supposed to be analytical

Quote:
That said, you coming in here and judging me and not the album itself is a complete waste of time and energy on your part
yeah thats true, i shouldnt have bothered

i cant speak about the album since i have yet to listen to it front to back. i came in this thread looking for a global summary of what to expect from it, and thats not what i got, period. anyway nothing personal, thats usually the case with most hiphop reviews i read here and there, subpar stuff which is not moving me towards buying an album or not.
to me writing about art should be an art itself, guess im too demanding

Quote:
^^^You write that mess and claim to correct "your" students dissertations? Ok. Now it's clear who I'm dealing with.
english is not even my native language and im not here to display some pedantic writing

STREET CORNER, by MANO
Old 07-25-2011, 08:26 AM   #19
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Let me tell you something, "expressing feelings" is why the rest of the world hates the French, so on behalf of the the 6 billion of us, go fuck yourself Frog...nothing personal of course.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:53 AM   #20
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

The best reviews for me are somewhere between an overly analytical and technical approach and one that takes into account the reviewer's individual emotional response to the work...whether it's films, music, whatever...ultimately, your enjoyment art is about how you respond to it emotionally. there are bands that I know are technically good and skilled as far as arrangments and time signatures and shit, but I don't "feel them", so they suck to me.

That's why some of the best reviewers will use an anecdote or something at the beggining of the review explicating their relationship with the material (or their perception band or its history) so that you have an idea of their biases. Then they give a detailed analysis within that framework, so that the reader can make a judgment.

Last edited by Dr. Simon Hurt; 07-25-2011 at 08:56 AM.
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:55 AM   #21
Mista JpKoff
The Cooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
Let me tell you something, "expressing feelings" is why the rest of the world hates the French, so on behalf of the the 6 billion of us, go fuck yourself Frog...nothing personal of course.
oh yeah
who cosigns this?

STREET CORNER, by MANO
Old 07-25-2011, 05:59 PM   #22
immaculate

8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury

I fuckin' love this album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4.5/5 for me. Never Feel This Pain is my favourite and 1 of the greatest songs of this year, period. I'm havin' goose-bumps first time since a long time listenin' to new Wu music again <------ the greatest recommendation and hightened expectations for future Wu albums. SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u pussys

8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:47 PM   #23
immaculate

8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury

Am i trippin' or do i hear a replayed version of the "Riders On The Storm" by The Doors melody in "Never Feel This Pain"?

8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:12 PM   #24
RynMur
LVsMostBlunted

RynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkey

felt the production was lacking
Old 07-26-2011, 07:13 AM   #25
Reccollectah
Veteran Member

Reccollectah iron monkeyReccollectah iron monkeyReccollectah iron monkey

http://www.wu-international.com/misc...WeaponsPrv.htm
Reccollectah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:26 AM   #26
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista JpKoff View Post
yeah that was my point, it AINT supposed to be analytical
a music review? Not posed to be analytical?! Why even bother writing a review then? Just smoke some crack and jump around in the air like a 5 year old instead.

Actually a decent review Brock.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:49 PM   #27
Socrates92
PRODIGAL SUN

Socrates92 drunken mastaSocrates92 drunken mastaSocrates92 drunken masta

Quote:
let me tell you something, "expressing feelings" is why the rest of the world hates the french, so on behalf of the the 6 billion of us, go fuck yourself frog...nothing personal of course.
lol
Socrates92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 04:24 AM   #28
duotone
PRODIGAL SUN

duotone crouching tiger

Quote:
haha...
i feel like america hates every other country in the world...
the most arrogant country in the world...
but now...
they are broke...
and in a few years they come across the atlanitic ocean on theirs knees and beg (europe) for some money...

i heard on the radio, that some states claim $20 admission to get in jail...

ridicolous...

dont get me wrong...
i dont hate america...
but i hate to be hated...

btw... i read the review...
its nice...
but i didnt list to the album yet...
its not out in europe... (aug.5th) and i dont dl illegal shit...

http://www.youtube.com/du0t0ne
duotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 05:36 PM   #29
tekunique
SupaSelekta

tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

been listening to it in the car from beg. to end lately and its def. a good album. nowhere near a classic but i appreciate wu and their a-alikes still puttting out real hip hop music in the days where hop has turned to pop.

sean price stands out for me with his 'mad' flow. it was ill to see and hear killa sin on a track by himself, def. deserved it as he just came home. never was really a trife fan but his contribution was enuff to not have the product tip over.

im rarely dissapointed in ghost and his verses once again delivered. rza was on point too specially lyrically. was feelin deck & uey's joint it was a nice surprise to hear deck get on for a 2nd verse.

those are my thoughts after about 3 plays straight thru of course shit can change in the [near] future.

i voted = banga
Old 08-09-2011, 12:30 AM   #30
Holocaust
SHAOLIN STUDENT

Holocaust crouching tiger

I'd rate it the same as shaolin vs wutang, couldve used more meth although
Holocaust is offline   Reply With Quote