news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 10-27-2005, 12:51 PM   #1
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default What is "Civilized"?

Some of you may already know the dimensions of this discussion....and some know where this term originated.

Since I am getting a minor in geograhy, I went through this argument many times and written on it etc. But this thread is still made, and fun to do again.

So what is it? And the question isnt "What is civilization?"....that is different and easier to define.

Yes, this thread distinguishes types of people

Who are the civilized people....who are uncivilized? Barbarians?

Prolifical ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 01:08 PM   #2
Malcom Guevera

Malcom Guevera grasshopper
Default Re: What is "Civilized"?

Civilization is a group of people living under one law within society. Those that disobey the law are uncivilized.
Malcom Guevera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 02:41 PM   #3
Triple B

Triple B grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to Triple B

it's wrong to divide people into civilised and uncivilised people since that's an opinion created from ur own perpesctive on norms and values. No norm or value is absolutely true.
Triple B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 02:52 PM   #4
Aqueous Moon
Veteran Member

Aqueous Moon grasshopper

Peace
This is an interesting question. If you are coming from a geographical point of view in our present state of society, I would have to say that all third world countries are "uncivilized". Including the people within them.

It has to be taken into consideration that the idea of civilization is quite relative to your definition of the word. It has been documented that indeed, western society deemed anyone who was not in accordance to their way of life - in need for "civilization".

Whether they actually believed that or just used it as an excuse to conquer and dominate others is again, relative to your point of view.

I personally, see civilization as a mind - state. Although, these so - called "third world countries" are less technologically advanced and more economically impoverished they have proven to be a lot less barbaric than most western civilizations, who claim to be shining examples of great society in action.
Peace. Aqueous
Aqueous Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 03:20 PM   #5
Malcom Guevera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqueousmoon
these so - called "third world countries" are less technologically advanced and more economically impoverished they have proven to be a lot less barbaric than most western civilizations, who claim to be shining examples of great society in action.
Peace. Aqueous
If these people in third world countries were to be put into this society in america would they be able to function in a civilized manner abd actually uplift this society ?

and

What signs of barbaric acts do people carry out in western civilization that represents a savage ?
Old 10-27-2005, 03:42 PM   #6
Os3y3ris
Veteran Member

Os3y3ris shaolin monk

Right, because we know there's no wars in third world countries. Very civilized. Some developing nations ARE more peaceful, but often, the case is that they're too busy killing eachother or starving to be killing their neighbors.

Regardless, thats beside the point. IMO, civilization is productive coexistence with other humans. It does not imply external peace, acceptable (to you) cultural values, or all of the other nonsense people try to attack to it.

Madness! Combustion! Liberty and the end of all law! The invisible international! The toast is anarchy!
Os3y3ris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 03:47 PM   #7
Aqueous Moon
Veteran Member

Aqueous Moon grasshopper

Peace Malcom Guevera -

IF people from thirld world countries were put in to american society they would probally hit the same glass ceiling that a lot of other ethnic people do when they try "function".

Remember, in western society, being a good citizen and functioning well has a lot to do with a person's financial, material, and democratic apirations.

So, If a 3rd world person is truly civilized - (in my definition of the word). It is more than likely that they would be highly enlightened, peaceful, ambitous, but still poor (on the relative scale of American economics).

Western civilization is infamous for using their religion, their war practices, advanced technology, and their mis-education as a way to dominate other people across the globe. This is savage behavior.
Peace, Aqueous
Old 10-27-2005, 08:48 PM   #8
Triple B

Triple B grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to Triple B

Quote:
I personally, see civilization as a mind - state. Although, these so - called "third world countries" are less technologically advanced and more economically impoverished they have proven to be a lot less barbaric than most western civilizations, who claim to be shining examples of great society in action.
quoted for truth, saw a video about this in my class contemporary architecture. They claimed that the wealth of such people does not exist in large buildings, telephone, internet, etc. (western culture) but in the strong social network around them. (gotto look it up agian, but I think that was the main point of the docu.)
Triple B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 09:52 PM   #9
Malcom Guevera

Quote:
Western civilization is infamous for using their religion, their war practices, advanced technology, and their mis-education as a way to dominate other people across the globe. This is savage behavior.
Peace, Aqueous
I cee, so if i were to use my CULTURE, SELF DEFENCE,INVENTIONS and EDUCATION to build an empire, and it just so happens some people are not able to keep up does that make it wrong that a percent of the population face the negative pole of what i feel is best for my empire ?
Old 10-27-2005, 09:59 PM   #10
blackwisdom
Walk Like a Warrior

blackwisdom crouching tigerblackwisdom crouching tiger
Send a message via Yahoo to blackwisdom

I can give a good "example" of what's civilized and what's uncivilized.

American colonist "scalping" indigenous people is uncivilized.

Kemet pioneering in all forms of mathmatics civilized.

The 12 Jewels to me define what a "civilization" needs to exist. The more Jewels that are compromised to more the "civilization" becomes "uncivilized."

I want to make a special note that states that conditions of forced slavery and many other factors have uncivilized many civilizations. It also noted that when a key trait such as Culture is eliminated that a people trully loose ties to true forms of civilization. (Please excuse my blured articulation. It's easy to think, but sometimes not always the simplest thing to write.)

Peace

"Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
Myspace Libradio Prison Radio/Mumia Fourty-Two/Seven
blackwisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 10:07 PM   #11
Aqueous Moon
Veteran Member

Aqueous Moon grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcom Guevera
I cee, so if i were to use my CULTURE, SELF DEFENCE,INVENTIONS and EDUCATION to build an empire, and it just so happens some people are not able to keep up does that make it wrong that a percent of the population face the negative pole of what i feel is best for my empire ?
Peace
No,..... But I dont 't think I 'm picking up on your point.
In my observations, there was no CULTURE associated with the evil practices that western civilization used to conquer the planet.
They sought to destroy culture.
Peace
Old 10-27-2005, 10:11 PM   #12
blackwisdom
Walk Like a Warrior

blackwisdom crouching tigerblackwisdom crouching tiger
Send a message via Yahoo to blackwisdom

Quote:
Peace
No,..... But I dont 't think I 'm picking up on your point.
In my observations, there was no CULTURE associated with the evil practices that western civilization used to conquer the planet.
Peace
It goes deeper than that, but this is my overstanding.

Peace

"Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
Myspace Libradio Prison Radio/Mumia Fourty-Two/Seven
blackwisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 10:33 PM   #13
Malcom Guevera

Quote:
there was no CULTURE associated with the evil practices that western civilization used to conquer the planet.
Peace
Who do you think these Masons and other important figures are doing ? you beleive thier out to kill SLAVES ? BLACKS ? C'mon

People within a society have a role, a job, no one is out to destroy anyone else. Civilized people are civilized becuase they have the said ability while others have to be taught, poor or not, civilized or uncivilized, when you get a computer, you need a booklet to teach you how to operate the computer.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:41 PM   #14
Aqueous Moon
Veteran Member

Aqueous Moon grasshopper

Peace
The ones in power want to stay in power.
And they will do what ever it takes to remain powerful.

They used their evil ways to get the power in the first place.
They use evil practices to sustain the power they have.

If I was to build an empire I would not do as they have done
they did it the wrong way.
Peace
Old 10-27-2005, 11:47 PM   #15
Kephrem
Veteran Member

Kephrem crouching tigerKephrem crouching tiger

My breakdown of Civ-il-iz-ation is:

"Civ" meaning sieve, purify

"il" meaning illness (ignorance)

"iz" meaning eyes (mind)

"ation" meaning Asian, the original man from the East

To CIVILIZE is to purify the mind of the original Asian from ignorance.

PEACE
Kephrem is offline   Reply With Quote