news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Sound Shack

Old 08-23-2011, 04:03 PM   #1
grt05
PRODIGAL SUN

grt05 prodigal songrt05 prodigal songrt05 prodigal songrt05 prodigal songrt05 prodigal songrt05 prodigal son
Default I'm With You - Red Hot Chili Peppers

Their brand new album, due out on the 29th, was streamed live yesterday for the first time. The CD leaked soon after.

Anyone heard it?

My favourite songs so far:

Brendan's Death Song (This is a tribute to Brendan Mullen, he was the guy that gave the chili's their start, letting them play in his club in LA.

Factory of Faith is also great.

Only spun the album twice so far.

Last edited by grt05; 08-23-2011 at 04:06 PM.
grt05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:09 PM   #2
benzo
Wu Vatican

benzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killa

as a big time RHCP fan i'll give this a fair shake but, damn....that new single FUCKIN SUCKS!!!
benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:06 PM   #3
grt05
PRODIGAL SUN

grt05 prodigal songrt05 prodigal songrt05 prodigal songrt05 prodigal songrt05 prodigal songrt05 prodigal son

The new single i wasn't so fond of...but man Josh kills it. Josh's guitar work reminds me so much of George Harrison..it's really grown on me.

Although Anthony is disappointing.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:58 AM   #4
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

John didn't come back for this???? They have another guitar player ???? again?????

By default I am gonna be adding this album to the collection but I'm iffy about it because I ahven't heard much and every Chili peppers release includes big fanfare via advertising and radio time. I don't listen to the radio but I did see somewhere a couple weeks back that they had a new single but I haven't seen much if any good feedback on it at all.

I got everything they have done so far ...
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 03:51 PM   #5
grt05
PRODIGAL SUN

Yeah, after the Stadium Arcadium tour, which finished sometime in '07, John didn't wanna come back. I think he can't be bothered to tour for 18 months after every single album.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:36 PM   #6
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

that sucks
Old 09-03-2011, 02:10 PM   #7
INF
Digital @fterLife

WHere did the new guy come from????

here is a video of anthony and the new guy talking some music. Anthony says some really good things about how ppl view music today , he also has a giant lisp. ...

Old 09-03-2011, 03:05 PM   #8
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i have it sitting in my music folder, but i feel like rhcp sans frusciante = something else, and haven't been compelled to listen to it (remember when dave navarro played guitar for them? yuck.)
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 03:30 PM   #9
INF
Digital @fterLife

I liked when Dave came on.He made one hot minute sound like space funk or lucid funk. I was glad he was only there for one album though cuz he woulda played that shit out fast.

Watching that youtube above kinda makes me wanna try the new songs.I too have the folder sitting collecting dust never opened once.

Im watching otherside LIVE in Argentina in 1999 and im hyped. I have Californication on my phone(mp3 player) right now ,its been there for a week or so now.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:51 PM   #10
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^one hot minute was decent, but it didn't seem like an rhcp album to me...frusciante is amazing when he's "on", he makes even their most banal songs palatable...I'll probably give it a spin on a bike ride or something eventually
Old 09-07-2011, 01:54 AM   #11
djskillz
Raggamuffin

djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

maybe it's cause i grew up during the frusciante era but i can't appreciate rhcp without him. it was a sad day when i heard he wasnt coming back.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted
djskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:34 PM   #12
grt05
PRODIGAL SUN

Just some background on that new guy.

Name: Josh Klinghoffer...he's played on loads of Frusciante's solo albums, contributing drums & vocals among other things. He's toured with PJ Harvey, Gnarls barkely and loads of other bands.

He also has his own band called Dot Hacker where he sings, some of their songs are on youtube. They will also release an album sometime late next year/early 2013. (Based on RHCP's current touring schedule).

Also, i thought One Hot Minute was fucking dope, and i'm a huge frusciante fan.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:06 PM   #13
INF
Digital @fterLife

Thanks for the new guy bio.

andYeah you remember thats song on one hot minute called falling into grace?# awesome

Thats cool the new guy was on johns solo records.its Like hes family.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:32 PM   #14
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

the album's pretty good on first listen...i'm not in love with some of the arrangements but the record has a good vibe, well suited to bike riding at dusk lol
Old 09-13-2011, 02:12 AM   #15
MindzEye

MindzEye grasshopper

Honestly this isnt close to thier best album, but it's still very good....Klinghoffer does a great job bringing a funk sound back, and Flea BEASTS throughout. Monarchy of Roses, Brandons Death Song, Ethiopia, Annie Wants a Baby, Look Around, and Police Station are the standout tracks

^Love the bass and how live this one is..
MindzEye is offline   Reply With Quote