news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Sound Shack

Old 09-02-2011, 12:09 PM   #16
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy Chase View Post
I don't think we've ever talked about this. I would like to though. I don't remember that Zelda song. Or I just haven't heard it. Let's hope for the latter.

Dude ...are you drinking again????

who is wangflop in the comments of this video???? its you.

act right Jasper. act right.

WE'VE TALKED ABOUT HOW YOU DON'T LIKE HOW I MIX.

we been talked about it .....
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:21 PM   #17
JASPER
Dr. Rosenpenis

JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by INF View Post

Dude ...are you drinking again????

who is wangflop in the comments of this video???? its you.

act right Jasper. act right.

WE'VE TALKED ABOUT HOW YOU DON'T LIKE HOW I MIX.

we been talked about it .....
Yeah that's me, I don't remembered it as a Zelda beat. I kinda liked that. Because you kept it simple.

I've been reading a lot about mixing and mastering and trying out different things. That's why I haven't made beats for two months. And I learned a lot of things, about 9th Wonder, Premo, Pete Rock, Dilla and how they mix. And it made me rethink my approach. I'm changing my workflow. It also made me realize why 99% of the beats in Audio Booth suck, mine included, and why I can't stand listening to more than a minute of that shit. Ear fatigue. Seriously, read up on mixing and mastering. It will help you get where you want to go.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:26 PM   #18
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

yeah I know I talk to a REAL producer who reads this board and listens to the audio booth and he broke that all down to me yrs ago. I'm just slow on my mixing skills. I tend to think that besides being lazy it has to do with the fact that I write songs too ... like I do the vox as well so it's a lot for me to all do by myself but its a journey that i am on and I just now starting walking on the path if you catch my drift.

I do really appreciate your take on music and even the music you make , you know this. I know what you are doing when you respond like you do you are just keeping it real and thats whats up and why i fuck with you.

despite your affliction I know you are a smart cat
Old 09-02-2011, 12:28 PM   #19
INF
Digital @fterLife

I'll def try to do more reading on studying on mixing.I already have some materials to study , I'll get on that.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:00 PM   #20
JASPER
Dr. Rosenpenis

JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
yeah I know I talk to a REAL producer who reads this board and listens to the audio booth and he broke that all down to me yrs ago. I'm just slow on my mixing skills. I tend to think that besides being lazy it has to do with the fact that I write songs too ... like I do the vox as well so it's a lot for me to all do by myself but its a journey that i am on and I just now starting walking on the path if you catch my drift.

I do really appreciate your take on music and even the music you make , you know this. I know what you are doing when you respond like you do you are just keeping it real and thats whats up and why i fuck with you.

despite your affliction I know you are a smart cat
The thing is, you really make original shit most of the time and I can see where you wanted to go with it. That's why I 'hate'. It's like someone ruining a perfectly good steak by overcooking it or throwing too much salt on it. You need to keep things simple and subtle. What do you use to make beats? Start off with good samples and stay away from all those effects that push your mix into the red.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:09 PM   #21
INF
Digital @fterLife

cool , I see you. I'ma do that and keep that in mind. Thats cool you told me the steak analogy cuz thats what I try to keep in mind when getting down my mixing. I'm gonna REALLY discipline myself though and make it more than something I keep in mind , I'LL MAKE IT MANDATORY.

YO!!!

Here is a remix of the filth over a non-dubstep beat. I will be using this beat for something else but today when I first heard it I made this and it really serves as a good lil RARE remix of the filth.

peep it ^!
Old 09-02-2011, 02:05 PM   #22
Soul Controller
Yammich maeker

Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Thats a nice beat too,.

i prefer the other remix of the filth tho.. lol

LulZ KillZ Phear....

http://thepiratenetwork.org

"THE ALL is MIND; The Universe is Mental." The Kybalion.

Soul Controller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:04 PM   #23
JASPER
Dr. Rosenpenis

Quote:
cool , I see you. I'ma do that and keep that in mind. Thats cool you told me the steak analogy cuz thats what I try to keep in mind when getting down my mixing. I'm gonna REALLY discipline myself though and make it more than something I keep in mind , I'LL MAKE IT MANDATORY.
Also, learn some basic music theory. I'll will save your life.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:35 PM   #24
INF
Digital @fterLife

Quote:
Also, learn some basic music theory. I'll will save your life.
alright thats enough. you can stop right there.I was trained in school for years on a few diff instruments before I started picking up string on my own.I know time signature and can read music dude .... since I was a child.

Im no were near the artistic expression of this man but - Jimi Hendrix never knew theory.

I can play the guitar and the bass and I had grimoire's for both of em. I know enough to do what I am doing I just need to pay attention and buckle down to mixing.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:56 PM   #25
JASPER
Dr. Rosenpenis

Quote:
alright thats enough. you can stop right there.I was trained in school for years on a few diff instruments before I started picking up string on my own.I know time signature and can read music dude .... since I was a child.

Im no were near the artistic expression of this man but - Jimi Hendrix never knew theory.

I can play the guitar and the bass and I had grimoire's for both of em. I know enough to do what I am doing I just need to pay attention and buckle down to mixing.
That was more a general remark, not just directed at you. But it surprises me you know to play instruments. Do you know about scales, chord progressions etc? If so, why don't you incorporate live instruments into your music? Do you use it to combine samples?
Old 09-02-2011, 05:16 PM   #26
INF
Digital @fterLife

Quote:
That was more a general remark, not just directed at you. But it surprises me you know to play instruments. Do you know about scales, chord progressions etc? If so, why don't you incorporate live instruments into your music? Do you use it to combine samples?

yeah man I do know scales and chord progression. I played in a few lil bands here and there before I remembered that I was the INF. I'm glad I did learn that stuff too because it does help with what I do now and yeah I use it often.

Here is something where I sampled me playing guitar. The guitar came off a tape I cut in like 2000 0r 2002

http://soundcloud.com/thejesus42almighty/v-for-life

I looped that up in the SP and played the drums on the sp.and of course the vox

turn that shit up

but yeah man , I HAVE MY OWN thing with Digital @fterLife and it incorporates a LOT of shit. There is no one set ingredient or whatever.

I'm not too much about flaring with this sound as far as the music goes.I have an atmosphere that I go for every time with the Digital @fterLife sound and it has a lot of directions.

I hear my own thing that's all. I just need to master polishing the sound of it and it's a done deal.

If you play string you DEF NEED to study this shit I'll tell you that

http://guitargrimoire.com/

right now I don't have many live instruments either. I work strictly with VST synths and my midi controller and the SP and a SHIT LOAD of drums and records. THATS it.

Once I am to a certain point , I am gonna start playing the instruments live again because I want a live band to perform my set and I got em on deck whenever I am ready.

#musicisawesome

http://soundcloud.com/thejesus42almi...-filth-version

Last edited by INF; 09-02-2011 at 05:21 PM.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:32 AM   #27
JASPER
Dr. Rosenpenis

You might want to get some virtual instruments like the scarbee series and a midi keyboard of course. We should team up and make some dope music. Seriously. I got some killer drum sounds and crazy samples, then you can play bass and some keys over it. You have FL Studio?
Old 09-03-2011, 09:01 AM   #28
INF
Digital @fterLife

my midi controller is the midi keyboard.

yeah I got FL studio.we can share sessions..

that does sound kinda dope right there, I'm down.

you got a link for the scarbee series for info or possible download? edit - im looking into it the scarbee right now

Last edited by INF; 09-03-2011 at 09:07 AM.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:56 AM   #29
JASPER
Dr. Rosenpenis

Quote:
my midi controller is the midi keyboard.

yeah I got FL studio.we can share sessions..

that does sound kinda dope right there, I'm down.

you got a link for the scarbee series for info or possible download? edit - im looking into it the scarbee right now
What midi controller you have? You mean you have a keyboard or use something else to play midi?

I'd love to send you some drums and chops I have layed out, so you can play the bass line and extras.

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/3702..._Leap_Colossus

Download that one and follow the instructions from the comments.

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5118...ard_Collection

That one is also nice.

I got plenty more, but if you can send me a midi file or complete project of you playing something, even if it's on FL Keys or some other shitty vsti I can put the midi in some of the many instruments I have and it'll sound fucking great.

We could do a whole project together like this. I'd love to see where this would go.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:31 AM   #30
INF
Digital @fterLife

okay that sounds cool @ sending you midi files of me playing keys and you put them in new instruments.

I'll DL those two and see what's good. I'm in the process of moving for the next 2 days but once I unpack my gear ...I'm all about this.

an yeah my midi controller is the Axiom 25. i really need or desire a fuller set of keys like the axiom 75 or some other type of midi. I really have no problems with the axiom line though , the pads are nice and the keys are SO NICE cuz they are weighted and respond well.

one of My favorite vst instruments to use right now with the Axiom is this

http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/...ogv/intro.html

I still have yet to go through every setting in it.^ I keep finding new sounds I can do with it and it responds well with the axiom. I got it in a bundle torrent that had hundreds of vst's mostly shits to put in the mixer though not really to much instruments.