news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 02-08-2009, 12:33 PM   #31
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rama View Post
I was just watching this but it sucked so much I had to turn it off at 42 minutes.
Did you actually turn it off at 42 minutes?

I always think people are lying when they say shit like that.

I have never sat down to watch a film, and turned it off before it finished.

You're opinion is pretty much void, you haven't seen the film, so you're in no position to judge whether it is good or bad.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:42 PM   #32
Rame
Wu Vatican

Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

If a movie fails to interest me at all after 42 minutes I don't like the movie.

I do turn off movies if I don't like them, did the same with Brothers Grimm.

I'm not going to watch something I don't like.
Rame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:45 PM   #33
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

lol this is my all time favorite flick. I bought 4 different version of the DVD release, and basically stanned as hard as you can on one film. Ive probably watched it over 25 times. The lack of black actors didnt worry me so much as its tru to life.

I also used to regularly not only play the soundtrack on my ipod, but also the OST, probably more the OST, just to get me in that Darko mood when I cant be watching it.

Anyway, Rama, this wasnt a good look for you doggie, not at all lol.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:46 PM   #34
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

After 42 minutes that movie would make no sense at all, so I can see how you could turn it off, but it's one of those movies you have to give a chance, because literally everything ties in at the end, and because of this it has a very strong replay value.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:51 PM   #35
Rame
Wu Vatican

Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

You know what, I'm going to watch the rest of it later tonight.

Maybe I was to soon, since all of you are repping it so hard.

I'll let you what I think of it when I'm finished.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:46 PM   #36
Guarded By Martyrs
There R No Strings On Me

Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

One of my favourite movies ever.

Guarded By Martyrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 02:36 PM   #37
Rame
Wu Vatican

OK, I just finished watching.

It got better, but like the threadstarter I don't think I understand all of it.

I'd still not rate this higher than a 6/10.

Best part of the movie was Maggie Gyllenhaal, lol.
Old 02-08-2009, 03:11 PM   #38
sdeblasi
The Special Technique

sdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal son

i love this movie man i remember the first time i saw it i couldnt stop thinkin about it for the next 5 days...then i copped the directors cut version when it came out with a bunch of added shit that answered some questions but still makes you think hard
Old 02-09-2009, 02:07 AM   #39
Rame
Wu Vatican

Can someone explain some things?

Did he die the first time the engine fell?
If so, why did he live another 28 days?
If he didn't die the first time, why did he go back in time and die after all?

I'm having trouble connecting the dots.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:22 AM   #40
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

ahhhh, and that's why it's such a great film....watch it again you will understand further

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:46 AM   #41
shaolinsword
Veteran Member

shaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal son
Send a message via MSN to shaolinsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Star
http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer...teaser-trailer

Quote:
The teaser trailer for S. Darko which SlashFilm pointed out will be released straight to DVD on April 28th.

Samantha Darko (Daveigh Chase) and her rebellious best friend Corey Richardson (Briana Evigan) leave on a cross-country road trip to Los Angeles in an attempt to 'make it big'. Their dreams are cut short when their water pump blows outside of a tiny Utah town. Unable to leave until their car is fixed, Sam and Corey are stranded with the locals until their car's fixed. Sam and Corey are less than thrilled at the delay, and when an unexplained meteorite crash-lands in town that night, it soon becomes clear that there is much more at play than just a chance breakdown. Plagued by bizarre hallucinatory dreams warning her of the universe's imminent end, as well as grief over her own loss of family, Sam must face the demons she had fled back at home. Aided by the unlikely town locals, Sam learns the true meaning of family and friendship, and in doing so, saves only herself.
Don't think this has been posted yet so here you go. Donnie Darko was awesome...This one is iffy...
Found this on another forum, thought you lot might be interested if you don't know about it already
Old 02-09-2009, 08:54 AM   #42
Rame
Wu Vatican

The guy who wrote and directed ''Donnie Darko'' isn't part of this ''sequal'' at all.

I'm usually not a fan of movies that are made like that.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:06 AM   #43
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rama View Post
Can someone explain some things?

1 Did he die the first time the engine fell?
2 If so, why did he live another 28 days?
3 If he didn't die the first time, why did he go back in time and die after all?

I'm having trouble connecting the dots.
1 The first time the engine fell he wasnt in his bed. He was saved by the Frank rabbit who lead him out of his bed.

2 see above. he didnt die then. the next 28 days though he and everyone else were in a tangent universe, created by the rip in time the engine had created.

3 he never went back in time. he had to die, he had no choice in the matter. everyone was going to die anyway if he didnt send the jet engine back thru the wormhole. there are some clues though that it wasnt the first time he went thru this 28 days cycle, i.e, he was stuck in a loop, like groundhog day, from previous failed attempts at saving the world.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:17 AM   #44
Rame
Wu Vatican

Ok, I thought he might've been dreaming all of it until the engine hits the house for the second time.

IDK how I came to the conclusion that he died the first time, since I noticed he wasn't in bed. Can't dream when you're dead, lol.

I still can't figure out why most things happened and what effect they have, I guess I'll have to watch it another 10 times.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:24 AM   #45
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

idk theres alot of shit online to read thru if you want to. the film is insanely deep, like every scene has some sort of linked up referance to something somewhere, there alot of numerology in it too, things like that.