news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

View Poll Results: Star Wars vs Star Trek
Star Wars 9 81.82%
Star Trek 1 9.09%
Neither, I hate sci-Fi Space shit 0 0%
Like both 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-14-2012, 01:02 PM   #1
KATO
Hidden Warrior

KATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killa
Default Star Trek vs Star Wars (films)

Just watched all 10 of the Star Trek movies, from "The Motion Picture" in 1978, all the way up to the NXT Gen series of "Nemesis" and the newly dubbed, "Star Trek" franchise......

I can honestly say that if the Rebel Alliance or the Empire in STAR WARS ever faced off one on one with the Star Fleet Academy or the KLingon Empire, Borg, etc the Star Wars army would RAPE the Star Trek army.........like to the point where Star Wars would tell Star Trek to toss their salad, and if they prefer jelly or syrup.

In saying that, I neevr liked the Star Trek shows other than Deep Space 9, and I never followed it; just something during a lazy weekend and nothing else was on, I'd watch it. Same goes for Star Wars with t he exception of the "Droids" cartoon back in the day, and the "2-d" Clone Wars cartoon they'd randomly show on Teletoon/Cartoon Network.

The new Star Trek film back in 09' is pretty solid, and the new one coming out will prob be decent, but Star Wars would pwn them.......Jedi Mind Trick, Double red Sith Lightsabre type shit.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:33 PM   #2
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:29 AM   #3
LoTec
SUN*KID ON THE ONE

LoTec fist of furyLoTec fist of furyLoTec fist of furyLoTec fist of furyLoTec fist of furyLoTec fist of furyLoTec fist of furyLoTec fist of furyLoTec fist of furyLoTec fist of furyLoTec fist of fury

yes not even close Starwars all day every day

LoTec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:32 PM   #4
Frank Sobotka
Veteran Member

Frank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venoms

I'm a sci-fi fan but never watched either of these.

But, from what I can piece together from all the references to star wars I heard in my life, I don't think you can consider it science-fiction. At one point I heard it described as a wizard story in a sciencefiction setting, so it's as much science fiction as firefly.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:20 PM   #5
KATO
Hidden Warrior

KATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEARNY ZZYZWICZ View Post
I'm a sci-fi fan but never watched either of these.

But, from what I can piece together from all the references to star wars I heard in my life, I don't think you can consider it science-fiction. At one point I heard it described as a wizard story in a sciencefiction setting, so it's as much science fiction as firefly.
nah, I'd never consider STAR WARS as a space version of the Harry Potter-tip (wizardry), I'd consider them galactic Samurai's though with mastering the light sabre, being able to move things telekenetically, having Yoda as the Budha of the galaxy, etc......jedi mind tricks, the whole "force" using it for good or bad, etc

I'd recommend them though if you've NEVER seen them. Watcht hem in chronological order; it's easier to understand everything.

And the STAR TREK films are great but not into the show too much. I only duh Deep Space 9, but I know people who like The Original series back in the 60's, the Next generation in the 80's-90's, Voyager, and Enterprise...........not my thing, but the movies are dope, especially the remake made in 09'.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:45 PM   #6
p-rok73
Veteran Member

p-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal son

Star Wars all day for me. The new Star Trek reboot was nice though and I'm looking forward to seeing the sequel. Too bad George Lucas doesn't want to make more. I know the last prequels were hated by many but the one that really sucked was The Phantom Menace, with The Clone Wars being ok and ROTS being good IMO. Imagine if Lucas had given the reigns to someone like Peter Jackson to direct, or other talent to write a good story. He stated that Red Wings was as close to Episode 7 as we're going to get.
p-rok73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:36 PM   #7
KATO
Hidden Warrior

^ what's red wings????
Old 06-19-2012, 03:26 PM   #8
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Star Wars is a shitty kids movie franchise. Star Trek wins by default.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:54 PM   #9
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

there's only like 3 good star trek movies, and 2 good star wars movies, so it's a draw.
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:02 PM   #10
KATO
Hidden Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low-Key Lyesmith View Post
there's only like 3 good star trek movies, and 2 good star wars movies, so it's a draw.
I thought the Motion Picture, Wrath of Kahn, The Voyage Home, and the Undiscovered Country were decent from the old series, and I didn't mind any of the NXTG movies from Generations to Nemesis, with First Contact being the best.

The one I hated the most was the Final Frontier (Star Trek V) way too preachy......

the STAR TREK 2009 flick was good too, looking forward to the next one.

As for STAR WARS I really only don't care for Episode I: The Phantom Menace and Episode 4: A New Hope
Old 06-19-2012, 06:00 PM   #11
KERZO
☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀

KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Star wars is only more watchable than star trek cos the fight scenes are better..

KERZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:26 PM   #12
p-rok73
Veteran Member

p-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Michaelz View Post
^ what's red wings????
Lol...I meant Red Tails.
p-rok73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 04:25 PM   #13
Big Smokes
Livin It Up

Big Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killa

star wars
Big Smokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:14 PM   #14
Shadow Demon
PRODIGAL SUN

Shadow Demon five deadly venomsShadow Demon five deadly venomsShadow Demon five deadly venomsShadow Demon five deadly venomsShadow Demon five deadly venomsShadow Demon five deadly venomsShadow Demon five deadly venomsShadow Demon five deadly venomsShadow Demon five deadly venoms

idk about star trek not seen em

star wars is chronically overrated and i do like space films

Shadow Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:51 PM   #15
KATO
Hidden Warrior

^ Give them a try I suggest.......

I watched the entire series on Netflix, both old and NXT GEN. The only one's they didn't have were Star Trek: Nemesis (2002 I think?), and the new Star Trek (2009)