news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 10-15-2011, 11:17 PM   #1
theheavens
Banned

theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default is this what Big Pun would've turned into?

this is the dumbest, most stereotypical shit I've ever seen and heard. is this what Pun would've turned into had he lived longer? his second album wasn't nowhere near as good as his debut, but it still had some dope songs, with some weak production. though he wasn't alive to oversee the entire project, so I guess that's an excuse. I can still tell fat fuck joe executive produced that shit.
theheavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 11:57 PM   #2
New-Yorks-Finest
The Chamber of Knowledge

New-Yorks-Finest crouching tigerNew-Yorks-Finest crouching tiger

ive always wondered if all the famous dead rappers like biggie and pac and big l would ever make shit like this if they were still alive

think if like jay z for example died after making reasonable doubt, maybe he would have been regarded higher in most peoples top mc's than he is currently
Old 10-16-2011, 12:09 AM   #3
Mcthuggin99
K.O.D

Mcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of fury

i wonder about this all the time. like you hear people say "if Pac was alive, you wouldnt hear this bullshit on the radio" but how do you know Pac wouldnt be featuring these dudes on his radio singles?
Old 10-16-2011, 12:45 AM   #4
JiggaGenious
Pink Triangle

JiggaGenious crouching tiger

I'm guessing he would have a reality tv show where a running joke would be him smacking his bitch with a mac 10 *cue laughtrack*
Roots and culture, hip-hop, skunk and sess
She caught me sneakin' peeks at her breasts
While frontin' name droppin' connects

JiggaGenious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 02:32 AM   #5
CEITEDMOFO
DuncanHine Monument Cakes

CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

IF PAC DISSED THE EASTCOAST AND THEY WASNT SELLING WHAT MAKES U THINK WACK ASS CASH MONEY OR CRACKER ASS EMINEM WOULD HAVE BEEN SELLiNG RECORDS? ROFL

AND IM NOT EVEN A PAC FAN ITS JUST THE TRUTH

AS FOR PUN DUDE IS LIKE GHOSTFACE EVEN ON A CHICK SONG THERE SPITTEN STREETSHIT FUCK THE THREAD STARTER

CEITEDMOFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:29 AM   #6
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

well, Pun was the one who convinced Fat Joe to make commercial records in the first place.. Fat Joe was all about hardcore shit and dissing any radio friendly bullshit before he met Big Punisher. i think he would make some commercial songs that would be huge on the radio but i also think he would make hardcore bangers for all his core fans still... right before he passed away he collaborated with people like Ricky Martin and Jennifer Lopez so i think he would've been even bigger eventually.

(btw, GODDAMN how fine J-Lo is in that video, one of the sexiest chicks ever)

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Last edited by claaa7; 10-16-2011 at 03:33 AM.
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:40 PM   #7
theheavens
Banned

theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I still blame fatass joe for everything. that video I posted is a fucking embarrassment. if Pun ever went soft or R&B, it probably would've been on some Wizard of Poetry shit, no pop bullshit.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:52 PM   #8
BASCO
ill crew of psychoz

BASCO iron monkeyBASCO iron monkeyBASCO iron monkeyBASCO iron monkeyBASCO iron monkey

pac woulda stayed caked up with that bieber money in 0-11
BASCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 04:40 PM   #9
fortyglock
Veteran Member

fortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal son

I agree with Mcthuggin99 - there's no telling what the dead artists would be like if they were still alive. If Fat Joe passed away after J.O.E, people probably would've considered as one of the greats, or at least greatest Latino rappers. But fast forward and look at his albums since JOSE. There's just no telling what direction artists like Pac, BIG, Big L etc would've gone in.
fortyglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:13 PM   #10
OntheHorizon
PRODIGAL SUN

OntheHorizon iron monkeyOntheHorizon iron monkeyOntheHorizon iron monkey

Pun Would have probably conformed with the times like everyone else who stayed relevant, Pun came out with an R&B flavored single and blew up, so that alone showed he was flexible with giving the radio what they wanted......... A few years after he died he would have probably done the same shit Joe is doing, and everyone on sites like this would have cried about it while he counted his money.......... Dont Flatter yourselves and think Internet respect is important to a man with a family to Feed, If Biggie had lived he would have been the third member of the Shiny Suit Brigade with Puff & Ma$e, Big L would have signed that deal with The Roc and been rapping about Bitches and Money over Neptunes Beats, and Pac would probably just be doing movies for the most part like Ice Cube

Of Course I cant prove any of that but those are my theories
OntheHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:42 PM   #11
theheavens
Banned

I wish Pun was alive to oversee his second album at least. that shit doesn't sound right to me. those must've been fat joe's decisions. it was only two years apart from his debut, but the sound, for the most part, was totally different. not enough street material.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:02 AM   #12
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theheavens View Post
I wish Pun was alive to oversee his second album at least. that shit doesn't sound right to me. those must've been fat joe's decisions. it was only two years apart from his debut, but the sound, for the most part, was totally different. not enough street material.
actually he did oversee that album, it was completed when he passed away - just like BIG's "Life After Death" too. "Yeeah Baby" was released only 2 months after his tragic death, and i remember seeing ads in The Source and such before he died. it's possible that there were some loose knots that had to be tightened up by Fat Joe and Sean C. before the release but i'm sure it was only minor stuff and nothing about the actual sound or getting new beats.

Pun said in interviews that his second album wouldn't be as hardcore in nature as "Capital Punishment", because he wanted to reach even more listeners:

Quote:
Big Punisher also discussed how he had constructed his second solo album, "Yeeeah Baby," in order to reach out to even more fans that his platinum-selling debut, "Capital Punishment." "The first album was 99 percent hard core to show you I was the best rhymer in the world," Pun told "Industry Insider." "With this album, I was like, 'Let me do five of those, and then some slower ones for those kids that can't understand what I'm sayin'.' I wanna cover more ground, get a bigger fan base."

For more from the last known interview with Big Punisher, pick up a copy of "Industry Insider" this week, or click over to the magazine's official Web site at www.industryinsider.com for additional information on how to get the March issue. Big Pun's posthumous new album, "Yeeeah Baby," is due out on April 4, and Loud Records has completed shooting a video for "It's So Hard," the first single from the record (see Puffy, Busta, Missy, Nas Come Out For Big Pun Video").
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1425716/.jhtml

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:10 AM   #13
Origin™
The Master Of Equilibrium

Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
actually he did oversee that album, it was completed when he passed away - just like BIG's "Life After Death" too. "Yeeah Baby" was released only 2 months after his tragic death, and i remember seeing ads in The Source and such before he died. it's possible that there were some loose knots that had to be tightened up by Fat Joe and Sean C. before the release but i'm sure it was only minor stuff and nothing about the actual sound or getting new beats.

Pun said in interviews that his second album wouldn't be as hardcore in nature as "Capital Punishment", because he wanted to reach even more listeners:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1425716/.jhtml

pointless trying to build with or educate some people they're just narrowminded and/or retarded.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:10 PM   #14
theheavens
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post

Pun said in interviews that his second album wouldn't be as hardcore in nature as "Capital Punishment", because he wanted to reach even more listeners
thanks for the info. can't blame him for wanting to expand his fanbase, but I never trusted fat joe for one fucking minute.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:02 PM   #15
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I remember Pun saying he was going less hardcore with his second album so I doubt it would have changed much had he lived on.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote