news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 10-12-2011, 05:23 AM   #1
JiggaGenious
Pink Triangle

JiggaGenious crouching tiger
Default Ice Cube

How do you rate Cubes solo discography?
'90-'92 was his prime, AmeriKKKa, Kill at Will, Death Certificate and The Predator are all solid classic albums that i used to listen to alot.

Never listened to Lethal Injection and War & Peace 1/2 all that much, just remember there being a questionable collaboration with Korn or some other nu metal band.

Laugh Now Cry Later and Raw Footage i kinda enjoyed, despite all the criticism of him being soft and still rapping about being hungry and trying to feed his kids when he has plenty of money. imo he's earnt his spot in the game and i respect that he's a family man, he still raps about political and social issues which with his storytelling was his strongest point. It's a bit hit and miss on the albums, whether it be lyrical direction or beat selection, for example Go to Church and Urbanian i thought were stupid, I Am The West had only a couple of tracks i liked but Laugh Now Cry Later and Raw Footage i would say were mostly decent.

Also say what you want, but i don't see Cube on tracks with Katy Perry and Kreayshawn.....
Roots and culture, hip-hop, skunk and sess
She caught me sneakin' peeks at her breasts
While frontin' name droppin' connects

JiggaGenious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:20 PM   #2
theheavens
Banned

theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

what wu tang music video is that with Ghost holding the waffle?

anyway, Cube was probably the leading MC in the early '90s for a while. definitely the best MC to come out of NWA. first two albums are great, never listened to the others, except I Am the West, and that was only because I liked the art cover. it was decent.

the dudes at Allmusic call him one of the greatest storytellers in hip-hop history, but he doesn't even make my top five in that category. I'll be damned if I can even name a "story song" he did off the top of my head. but whatever, I'll take their word for it.
theheavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:28 PM   #3
Hollow Dartz
Don't grab my jacket dunn

Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Hollow Dartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by theheavens View Post
wow. I'm seeing too many niggaz ask this question. It from the joint with U-God from SC
Hollow Dartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:31 PM   #4
food for thought
Duppy Conquerer

Location: SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR
food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

lol yea everyone should know that goofy video imo ^^

am i the only person who never liked ice cube?

food for thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:31 PM   #5
Socrates92
PRODIGAL SUN

Socrates92 drunken mastaSocrates92 drunken mastaSocrates92 drunken masta

Cherchez LaGhost isn't it, I'm surprised heads are asking too.
Socrates92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:32 PM   #6
Socrates92
PRODIGAL SUN

Socrates92 drunken mastaSocrates92 drunken mastaSocrates92 drunken masta

^^ yeh

If I die in Iraq, ain't nothing to it, Gangsta Rap made me do it
Socrates92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:50 PM   #7
djskillz
Raggamuffin

djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:

anyway, Cube was probably the leading MC in the early '90s for a while. definitely the best MC to come out of NWA. first two albums are great, never listened to the others, except I Am the West, and that was only because I liked the art cover. it was decent.

the dudes at Allmusic call him one of the greatest storytellers in hip-hop history, but he doesn't even make my top five in that category. I'll be damned if I can even name a "story song" he did off the top of my head. but whatever, I'll take their word for it.
you're an idiot. you've heard his first two albums but can't name any storytelling songs by him? once upon a time in the projects? bird in the hand? my summer vacation? alive on arrival? i wanna kill sam? seriously dumb statement.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted
djskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:57 PM   #8
theheavens
Banned

theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djskillz View Post
you're an idiot. you've heard his first two albums but can't name any storytelling songs by him? once upon a time in the projects? bird in the hand? my summer vacation? alive on arrival? i wanna kill sam? seriously dumb statement.
what am I, doing an A&E biography on the nigga? when I think of Cube, "storyteller" isn't the first thing that pops into my head
Old 10-12-2011, 06:58 PM   #9
djskillz
Raggamuffin

djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

then you clearly haven't listened to him. half of the material on his first two albums incorporate story telling in some form.

Old 10-12-2011, 07:01 PM   #10
Mcthuggin99
K.O.D

Mcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of fury

if you cant at least think of It Was A Good Day, then you havent listened to him enough

or Ghetto Bird, also, he wrote Boyz N The Hood, one of the best storytelling songs ever IMO

Mcthuggin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:42 PM   #11
MaskedAvenger
Secret Rival

MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggaGenious View Post

Never listened to Lethal Injection and War & Peace 1/2 all that much, just remember there being a questionable collaboration with Korn or some other nu metal band.
The WAR disc is actually a good album, the Peace disc is rubbish though.

MaskedAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:44 PM   #12
djskillz
Raggamuffin

^yea ghetto vet is one of my favorite cube tracks.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:44 PM   #13
MaskedAvenger
Secret Rival

MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
the problem I have with young cats and hip hop

MaskedAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:24 PM   #14
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by food for thought View Post

am i the only person who never liked ice cube?
no.
white people, jerry heller, eazy-e, cypress hill, common, kam & a few others didn't like him either.

personally i think amerikkkas most,kill at will, death certificate, predator & bootlegs and b-sides shit on 97% of all rappers discographies.

classic hip hop at its finest.
leaving nwa was the best thing that happened to cube.

and like dj skillz said, ice cube was mostly a storytelling mc.
i'd even say he's a top 5 storytelling mc of all time.
his shit was very clear & precise. very few painted a audio visual picture better than ice cube.

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:21 PM   #15
theheavens
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcthuggin99 View Post
if you cant at least think of It Was A Good Day, then you havent listened to him enough

or Ghetto Bird, also, he wrote Boyz N The Hood, one of the best storytelling songs ever IMO
It was a Good Day came to mind, but again, Cube and storytelling don't resonate with me. when I hear storytelling, I think of Ghost or Slick Rick or Raekwon