news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 10-20-2011, 09:33 AM   #16
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
True Master did a lot of joints on Only Built 4 Cuban Linx. He did songs like ‘Assasination Day,’ ‘Fish,’ a few joints.
I simply KNEW that Ironman was just a glorified collection of outtakes from Linx sessions.

(My triumph is only tainted by the fact that Meth often seems not to really remember anything that happened before Tical 2000, but fuck it )
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:57 AM   #17
SL33
Hungry Hyena From Medina

SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Clan members were making lots of mistakes in that Red Bull interview.

good thread btw

SL33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:35 AM   #18
Damon
The DZA

Damon crouching tigerDamon crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
interesting that RZA and GZA wrote most of "Return to 36 Chambers" according to Meth..
I thought this was common knowledge. RZA, GZA and ODB have openly admitted to this several times in the past.

If you read the production notes in Return to the 36 Chambers, almost every track says it was written by R. Diggs, G. Grice and R. Jones. Not sure what more proof you need than that.

Damon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:29 PM   #19
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damon View Post
I thought this was common knowledge. RZA, GZA and ODB have openly admitted to this several times in the past.

If you read the production notes in Return to the 36 Chambers, almost every track says it was written by R. Diggs, G. Grice and R. Jones. Not sure what more proof you need than that.
well, R. Diggs will of course get a writing credit on any song he produced on that album which is almost all of them. and i just had to went back and check, the only song on the entire album that G. Grice is credited for is "Raw Hide", which is most likely a typo since he rhymes on "Damage" but is not credited.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:33 PM   #20
methtical
85 %er

methtical grasshopper

“Like I made the beat to the St. Ides. song ‘Special Brew.’ RZA sampled the drums, but that’s me playing the keyboard on that original St. Ides shit. I just don’t do it often because I’m lazy. I did ‘Judgement Day’ too. I put that together. Mind you, I didn’t sample any of the music. I just put it together the way I liked it.

Too bad that Meth is too lazy to make beats
Old 10-20-2011, 12:53 PM   #21
BIRDCAGE
Vintage Wu

BIRDCAGE iron monkeyBIRDCAGE iron monkeyBIRDCAGE iron monkeyBIRDCAGE iron monkey

Great interview!

BIRDCAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:45 PM   #22
Pestilence
SLIMEY SAVAGE

Pestilence crouching tigerPestilence crouching tiger

http://www.complex.com/music/2011/10...s-2009#gallery

What remix is that? Guess they put it there accidently.

Cool interview.

Last edited by Pestilence; 10-20-2011 at 01:57 PM.
Pestilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:31 PM   #23
immaculate

8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury

Fuck all smart alecks on this board. U the scum of the earth.

8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 06:32 AM   #24
Jamal Arief
Veteran Member

Jamal Arief iron monkeyJamal Arief iron monkeyJamal Arief iron monkeyJamal Arief iron monkeyJamal Arief iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by methtical View Post
“Like I made the beat to the St. Ides. song ‘Special Brew.’ RZA sampled the drums, but that’s me playing the keyboard on that original St. Ides shit. I just don’t do it often because I’m lazy. I did ‘Judgement Day’ too. I put that together. Mind you, I didn’t sample any of the music. I just put it together the way I liked it.

Too bad that Meth is too lazy to make beats
If I remember correctly, 4th Disciple stated (on his CM interview) that he produced "Judgment Day". Meth only played around with the keyboard a bit.

Well, kinda fits with what Meth says... But not sure if you can call it producing. Arranging maybe, or editing?

Peace.
Jamal Arief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:20 AM   #25
Charles Barry
ORDO AB CHAO

Charles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venoms

Dope ass read. Good look on the link.

Charles Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:23 AM   #26
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i think Method Man arranged and prooduced the song in the way that he had the vision, knew how he wanted it to sound and told 4th. 4th Disciple probably programmed it, flipped the samples and handled all the technical shit with maybe Meth laying down the keyboards part as you say. if this is the case they should share the production credit... 4th is credited as co-producer of the song.

i'm listening to "Tical 2000" right now, i always liked this album and never understood how alot of magazines and even fans were hating on this. how the hell is T2 a 2/5 album?? it doesn't make any sense to me... Meth spits HEAT and the production is heavy as hell, you got RZA, True, 4th, Math, Havoc, Erick Sermon and Trackmasters. in 1998 you couldn't make a wack album with these guys, especially not someone as talented as Method Man. Street really knocked out his parts too. it would have been nice to read a little about some songs on that album but dope article nontheless.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
Old 10-21-2011, 07:51 AM   #27
claaa7
Killer Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
http://www.complex.com/music/2011/10...s-2009#gallery

What remix is that? Guess they put it there accidently.

Cool interview.
it sounded like Hendrix to me so i had to check on the blend tape of Hendrix and Wu that i hadn't listen to in full yet and it was that remix. the mixtape was called "Black Gold" if you didn't have it already

Old 10-21-2011, 08:00 AM   #28
djskillz
Raggamuffin

djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

tical 2000 was great. my only problem was the skits. i understand that it was popular at the time though. the actual music was great. some of meth's best songs are from that album.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted
djskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:56 AM   #29
Gravediggaz
SHAOLIN STUDENT

Gravediggaz drunken mastaGravediggaz drunken masta

I wonder which rapper meth was talking about when he first met pac...he said he had like 6 bodyguards with him

Last edited by Gravediggaz; 10-21-2011 at 10:36 AM.
Gravediggaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:15 AM   #30
djskillz
Raggamuffin

djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i was under the impression that pac was in the studio with them. originally it was a dogg pound track featuring meth, red and inspectah deck. once pac signed to death row they gave him the track.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted
djskillz is offline   Reply With Quote