news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 10-20-2011, 04:01 AM   #1
Shaolin Bloody Sword
Golden Child

Shaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killa
Default I'm sorry RZA. but the production crown belongs to...

Dj Premier ! The best producer of all time. He is not only more consistent than RZA, but 90% of the time his productions are bangaz l Even in 2011. RZA had his prime, but now his production is simple ( nothing special at all). When Wu-Tang first started; a RZA production meant "Classic", now it's fifty fifty. You don't know if it will be average or hardly noticeable. When was the last time you heard RZA produce a joint such as this ? 10 Years ago lol ?

PS: Before i get crucified; im a huge Wu-Tang fan by the way . Primo is still producing heavy material in 2011:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHPMS...layer_embedded

Last edited by Shaolin Bloody Sword; 10-20-2011 at 10:00 AM.
Shaolin Bloody Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:48 AM   #2
BrooklynKing

BrooklynKing crouching tiger

There is no production crown man. Madlib, Premier, Pete Rock, RZA, Ant and Exile are all amazing producers in my opinion, and I wouldn't say any of them are "better" than the other, they do different things, and work better with some artists wheras others don't. No king I am afraid. I'd take a RZA produced Masta Killa album over a premier produced one, but I'd also take an Madlib-produced Talib Kweli album over a RZA one. Easy, just different beats for different rhmes.
BrooklynKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:58 AM   #3
sickdog
PRODIGAL SUN

sickdog iron monkeysickdog iron monkeysickdog iron monkeysickdog iron monkey

witch Talibs album is produced by Madlib ?
sickdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:04 AM   #4
fortyglock
Veteran Member

fortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal son

^ Liberation released in 2007.
fortyglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:10 AM   #5
fortyglock
Veteran Member

fortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal son

In a way I'd agree with the threadstarter. DJ Premier has been very consistent and produced tonnes of dope beats over all these years. To this day he's still excellent at what he does and does not sound washed up or anything. Yes there are other brilliant producers such as Pete Rock, Madlib etc, but compared to all of them I personally think Premier has fewer weak spots in his production discography.
fortyglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:39 AM   #6
sickdog
PRODIGAL SUN

sickdog iron monkeysickdog iron monkeysickdog iron monkeysickdog iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortyglock View Post
^ Liberation released in 2007.
o yeah... that garbage. totally forgot about that trash.
sickdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:55 PM   #7
JASPER BEARDLY
Fan of the real

JASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of fury

garbage?? wtf.

no mention of dilla, muggs? wtf

RIP
JASPER BEARDLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:15 PM   #8
RADIOACTIVE MAN
aka Orion Zemo

RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

the thing about this topic is that every producer has his hit or miss moments..i have heard premo beats i have nearly snoozed too so when it comes to production,especially by producers on the level of the premos,rzas etc..you never know, another thing you need to consider here is that Rza has experimented with music..and if you know anything about experimentation,its not definately all the time till you find the perfect equation to what you're doing which to me puts Rza ahead of these producers..he is muti dimensional,not just a sample chopping producer but a musician who is studying the more intricate levels of production and is advancing based on that

astro eden"- the new album,get it here
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pbnrft
RADIOACTIVE MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:27 PM   #9
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynKing View Post
There is no production crown man. Madlib, Premier, Pete Rock, RZA, Ant and Exile are all amazing producers in my opinion, and I wouldn't say any of them are "better" than the other, they do different things, and work better with some artists wheras others don't. No king I am afraid. I'd take a RZA produced Masta Killa album over a premier produced one, but I'd also take an Madlib-produced Talib Kweli album over a RZA one. Easy, just different beats for different rhmes.
cant leave out stoupe
Old 10-20-2011, 03:55 PM   #10
Jin10304
Veteran Member

Jin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venoms

"When was the last time you heard RZA produce a joint such as this ? 10 Years ago lol"

Redemption Dayz [RZA Remix]
Jin10304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 04:02 PM   #11
Frank Sobotka
Veteran Member

Frank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venoms

Quote:
End Thread.

RZA gets critiqued for straying from his signature sound, DJ Premier gets criticized for not doing so.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:06 PM   #12
Shaolin Bloody Sword
Golden Child

Shaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by graveyard_shifter View Post
the thing about this topic is that every producer has his hit or miss moments..i have heard premo beats i have nearly snoozed too so when it comes to production,especially by producers on the level of the premos,rzas etc..you never know, another thing you need to consider here is that Rza has experimented with music..and if you know anything about experimentation,its not definately all the time till you find the perfect equation to what you're doing which to me puts Rza ahead of these producers..he is muti dimensional,not just a sample chopping producer but a musician who is studying the more intricate levels of production and is advancing based on that
Blah blah blah my dude lol ! RZA is a great producer. The experimenting part is an excuse i have been hearing for years concerning the decline of his production. A RZA production in this day & age doesn't mean shit... Back in the days a RZA production ment "classic". Tell me that you like RZA more now than back then ? Dont lie about it either.

Primo's consistency cannot be touched. I'm not saying all his production is dope ! He's the most consistent producer in Hip-hop. He has been in the game for almost 30 years & his beats are still top notch. This is not something you can say about other producers. Mainstream & Underground artists fiend to have a primo joint on their album.

Last edited by Shaolin Bloody Sword; 10-20-2011 at 04:19 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:11 PM   #13
Shaolin Bloody Sword
Golden Child

Quote:

Have u ever heard of "figure f speech" ? Biggie or Pac did not have a crown either per say. When people called Biggie the "King of NY" was because he was arguably the best MC at the time. The same goes for Primo; none of the producers you named have produced more bangaz than Primo. I like RZA, Pete Rock etc... But when it comes to being more relevant & consistent; Prim is ahead.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:06 PM   #14
CEITEDMOFO
DuncanHine Monument Cakes

CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

RZA AT HIS PRIME WAS THE BEST

BUT RZA, HAVOC, & MUGGS & BEATMINERZ FELL OFF

THE KINGS THAT STILL DROP KILLA SHIT ARE PRIMO AND PETE ROCK

AND NEW LEGENDS ARE ALCHEMIST, MADLIB , & ARAAB MUSIk(FOR THE BASS SOUNDING KILLA BEATS)

I FUCKS WIT SID ROAMS AS WELL

CEITEDMOFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:11 PM   #15
cap
THE ILL ONE

cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to cap

i actually agree with the threadstarter. im a big primo fan!

but the run rza had from 93 to 96 was unseen in hip hop and we'll never see a producer stamp so many classics in such a short amount of time again!

36 chambers
tical
ob4cl
liquid swords
ironman

primo hurt his career by wasting too many beats on worthless mc's

big shug & group home are the first that come to mind!

but yeah in 2011 i'll pick a primo track over a rza one any day of the week!

Last edited by cap; 10-20-2011 at 05:13 PM.
cap is offline   Reply With Quote