news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 10-21-2011, 01:30 PM   #31
JASPER
Dr. Rosenpenis

JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
Preemo is very consistent, so consistent he's been making the same bridge since 1986. He can't touch RZA in terms of diversity.
This. DJ Premier is the best at what he does, but it's the same formula for nearly all his beats. Some of my favourite beats are Premo, but right now Alc is king.

Also, I agree with Angry about Araab. Dude needs to stop using the same boring drums over and over again. And can he do anything else than Michael J Foxing all over the MPC? I know he can play actual drums, so why doesn't he?
Old 10-21-2011, 01:49 PM   #32
angry!
Banned

angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

why would premier need to change?!!?!?!?

what should he start doing?!!?!?!?!?

should he start using more live music, and kill what made him hot in the first place?!?!?!!?

primo flips the hottest samples, and the illest drums...

thats what he does...

coca-cola should always taste like coca-cola...

you dont like it, drink something else...
angry! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 02:17 PM   #33
JASPER
Dr. Rosenpenis

JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry! View Post
why would premier need to change?!!?!?!?

what should he start doing?!!?!?!?!?

should he start using more live music, and kill what made him hot in the first place?!?!?!!?

primo flips the hottest samples, and the illest drums...

thats what he does...

coca-cola should always taste like coca-cola...

you dont like it, drink something else...
He shouldn't change anything. I don't think anyone said that.

When you hear a Premier beat, you know it's Premier. He has his own sound. Which is a good thing. But at the same time can be a bad thing.

When you hear a Premo beat, you know this loop is gonna be the main thing and then there will be a scratched chorus/bridge and back to the main loop. It gets boring after a while, just like drinking Coca Cola every day.
Old 10-21-2011, 02:27 PM   #34
Frank Sobotka
Veteran Member

Frank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy Chase View Post
He shouldn't change anything. I don't think anyone said that.

When you hear a Premier beat, you know it's Premier. He has his own sound. Which is a good thing. But at the same time can be a bad thing.

When you hear a Premo beat, you know this loop is gonna be the main thing and then there will be a scratched chorus/bridge and back to the main loop. It gets boring after a while, just like drinking Coca Cola every day.
Doesn't really matter since premo doesn't really lace albums any more. He didn't even completely produce the blaqprint.

Besides, rappers probably ask premo for beats wanting the same old signature premo banger. Especially when they 'want to take it back to the golden era'
Old 10-21-2011, 04:02 PM   #35
The blackma
SLIMEY SAVAGE

The blackma drunken mastaThe blackma drunken mastaThe blackma drunken masta

I think that Rza is the most incredible hip hop producer of all the time. You forget something Rza is a mc too. Primo, Pete Rock, Muggs are just producers ! Dre can't write he uses ghostwriter fuck that ! I think they are great producers. All of them, they bring something to the hip hop world. Rza put the shit to another dimension, he is very imaginative and he experiments a lot. unfortunately there is a fine line between garbage and classic. I think Primo doesn't take risks as Rza does. Rza is a music adventurer ! Since the beginning he has tried to bring hip hop shit to another dimension. I think that if he has focused only on production, he could have been the GOAT in the hip hop game as producer. But his talent and his creativity r definitively too big for hip hop game. If his movie is great so he certainly will become a director.
The blackma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 02:26 PM   #36
sickdog
PRODIGAL SUN

sickdog iron monkeysickdog iron monkeysickdog iron monkeysickdog iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by The blackma View Post
I think that Rza is the most incredible hip hop producer of all the time.
no.
sickdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 03:48 PM   #37
Sham-iLL
PRODIGAL SUN

Sham-iLL drunken mastaSham-iLL drunken masta

premo's beat for the bet cypher this year was fucking horrendous
Sham-iLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 04:54 PM   #38
Jin10304
Veteran Member

Jin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venoms

"FUCK OUTTA HERE, WHEN U MAKE TEMPLES OF BOOM AND GOT A PROJECT WIT THE GZA I EXPECT KILLA SHiT

SHIT WAS WEAK"

LOL at expecting Muggs to produce a GZA album with 1995 Cypress beats!. Temples dropped 10 years before Grandmasters and THAT'S the soun you were expecting from him for GZA? Please....your the perfect example of a fan's ridiculous expectations for a producer to stay in the same lane when between 95-05 we saw Muggs try/experiment with all kinds of beats.
Jin10304 is offline   Reply With Quote