news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 10-20-2011, 04:45 PM   #1
oldie
Hull's #1 Hip-Hop Fan!

oldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venoms
Default Method Man Says GZA & RZA Wrote Most Of The Rhymes On Ol' Dirty Bastard's "Return To

This came up on my Facebook news feed today through HipHopDX
Now I'm not jumpin on meth's dick when I say this but when I listen to the album I always thought like Dirty must be on some wild drugs writing some of those crazy ass wacky lyrics - those bits must of been his own rhymes but then I hear other verses and I'm like, how did dirty find the time to write those dope lyrics when he's always runnin around drunk or drugged or foolin around lol
I can't really explain it well but that's kinda what I mean

http://www.hiphopdx.com/m/index.php?s=news&id=17303

Method Man recently broke down his top 25 most essential songs for Complex.com, speaking on how he met up with Notorious B.I.G. and how he initially didn’t want to release “All I Need” as a single. But one of the most dynamic revelations was that Ol’ Dirty Bastard’s Return to the 36 Chambers: The Dirty Version was penned mostly by RZA and GZA.

Speaking specifically on his feature “Raw Hide,” Meth explained why RZA and GZA had to take on rhyme duties for the 1995 LP. “The majority of the verses on that album are old RZA rhymes and GZA rhymes,” he said. “’Approach the school, 9:30, you’re late,’ that’s RZA’s shit. I heard that shit when I was 14 years old. That whole, ‘Easy on my balls, they’re fragile as eggs,’ niggas said that in a rap battle in fucking 1989.

“Dirty took all their shit and made it his own and GZA ain’t say shit,” he continued. “Most of [Dirty’s verses] was GZA’s shit. I remember GZA and ODB got in an argument one night and GZA was like, ‘Nigga most of that shit you say on your fucking album is mines anyway!”

He did state that ODB wrote some of the songs, including “Brooklyn Zoo,” and stated that he himself wrote the first verse on Ghostface Killah’s “Cherchez La Ghost.”

Read the full feature at Complex.com.

Aka. Living Proof
www.myspace.com/hiphop4infinite
oldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:34 PM   #2
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

not surprising at all.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:05 PM   #3
Luz
Holy Father

Luz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of fury

ODB had lots of personality but its obvious that lyricism wasn't his forte. Color me not surprised.

Just as a reminder.... Wu-Latino has never worked with the Wu-Tang Clan.
Luz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:43 PM   #4
Tecknowledgist
PUTYOMONEYWHEREYOMOUTHIZ

Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^old news homie
Tecknowledgist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:52 PM   #5
djskillz
Raggamuffin

djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

all these hip hop sites are taking things out of context. it's common knowledge that gza wrote a bunch of songs for him. i don't think meth was trying to be disrespectful.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted
djskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:49 PM   #6
David Daniel Davis
N.I.

David Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venoms

Being that Ol Dirty Bastard was always wasted I guess they would have had to; it still bangs
David Daniel Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:06 PM   #7
MAYOR QUIMBY
Veteran Member

MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Ever since Wu-Tang FOREVER came out, "Dog Shit" always seemed sketchy to me too. The song is awesome but I've never believed Ol' Dirty Bastard's lyrics were written by him. The part where he switches up and goes "Leave a dog alone, nothings gonna stop me from burrying my bone..." It's not in Ol' Dirty Bastard's normal rhyme pattern and its real cleevr. Dirty was cool but he never rapped like that. There's even an interview on German TV on YouTube where Method Man raps the "Dog Shit" verse to ODB and ODB is kinda lost, as if he hadn't learned it yet. Method Man smiles because he wrote it, not ODB.
MAYOR QUIMBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:11 PM   #8
BASCO
ill crew of psychoz

BASCO iron monkeyBASCO iron monkeyBASCO iron monkeyBASCO iron monkeyBASCO iron monkey

i never really did the knowledge on his album like that so all this shit is new to me.
BASCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:12 PM   #9
JiggaGenious
Pink Triangle

JiggaGenious crouching tiger

I thought everyone here knew this, I've seen it mentioned on here before that GZA wrote most of his rhymes. Stuff like 'Diesel' Dirty wrote himself though.
Roots and culture, hip-hop, skunk and sess
She caught me sneakin' peeks at her breasts
While frontin' name droppin' connects

JiggaGenious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 02:18 AM   #10
blaksteez
PRODIGAL SUN

blaksteez crouching tiger

Yeah this aint nothing new, you can tell the rhymes that they wrote for him and thats mostly the story rhymes.. This still makes it cool ODB is still the man and for me it makes the album plus the wu even more sicker for it, Like thats family sharing there styles and techniques ..Shit I miss ODB , Nigga Please is a an album that stillneeds more props he wa son fire on that one trust!
blaksteez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 03:16 AM   #11
Jammin
Veteran Member

Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

he wrote the first verse of cherchez laghost ?? he never said that !!!
Old 10-21-2011, 04:41 AM   #12
biblebullet
Veteran Member

biblebullet shaolin monk
Send a message via MSN to biblebullet Send a message via Yahoo to biblebullet

Well, i think it's normal, snoop wrote for Dre at some point and now Snoop himself admits that some younger guys are writing for him.
And as blaksteez said, this even makes the wu sicker and shows us how much brotherhood, sharing and being a family was real to these guys, something we all should try and emulate.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:50 AM   #13
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

had it been any other member of the Wu, like if Ghost had written all the verses on "No Said Date", I would have been fucking pissed but ODB was so fucking original and had such a crazy style that whatever he said, he made it 100% his own and extremely RAW, DIRTY and STINKIN'!!

in fact, i'm listening to "Return..." right now, masterpiece

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:49 AM   #14
JASPER BEARDLY
Fan of the real

JASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of fury

i feel how claaa does

besides dude was LIVING FREE like most of us NEVER will, didn't have much time to write rhymes I bet

RIP
JASPER BEARDLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:39 PM   #15
THE MASON
Winter is Coming

THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Quote:
Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
had it been any other member of the Wu, like if Ghost had written all the verses on "No Said Date", I would have been fucking pissed but ODB was so fucking original and had such a crazy style that whatever he said, he made it 100% his own and extremely RAW, DIRTY and STINKIN'!!

in fact, i'm listening to "Return..." right now, masterpiece
this right here is the truth

you could get any ghostwriter you wanted in the game, Ol Dirt still make it sound like his own shit
THE MASON is offline   Reply With Quote