news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 10-26-2005, 11:58 PM   #1
Popa Chief
I Judge Wisely

Popa Chief grasshopper
Default Who shouldn't be paid like they do?

They all get paid a bullshit amount but I'd say actors and actresses get paid too much. They hardly do anything, they get a fuckload of fame, and they get paid millions. Teachers, scientists, etc. should be paid way more than what they get. Most athletes, lawers, and politicians should be paid less too.
Popa Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 12:06 AM   #2
Punch
Veteran Member

Punch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkey
Default Re: Who shouldn't be paid like they do?

Politicians don't make that much, but they and lawyers should be making good money. There's alot of work involved.

Athletes and entertainers in general make way too much.

Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 12:10 AM   #3
Popa Chief
I Judge Wisely

Popa Chief grasshopper

Entertainers really get those jobs becuz of their looks cuz just about anyone can act.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:12 AM   #4
Rayson
Zu Keeper

Rayson shaolin monk

alex rodriguez gets paid way too fuckin much.

"Robbed of natural abilities
In death they now seek tranquility
In a confused state of mind
Extending agony,they must be blind"

Rayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 12:14 AM   #5
Punch
Veteran Member

Punch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.L.O. Style
Entertainers really get those jobs becuz of their looks cuz just about anyone can act.
that's not true, that may be true of some of the A- list, but acting isn't easy.

Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 12:18 AM   #6
Popa Chief
I Judge Wisely

Popa Chief grasshopper

All it takes is heart, and I'd put my heart into it if I was going to get paid like they do.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:19 AM   #7
thwak
over rates mathematics

thwak grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to thwak

plus musicians don't get payed jack shit most of the time.

but I think those A-list actors or actresses do get payed way too much, crap if they really liked the role they'd be happy with what ever amount of money they get.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:39 AM   #8
K.E.G.

K.E.G. Village Idiot

Acting is easy. It depends on the double twisted heart you have and how convincing you are when not your true self. Actors do great to brainwash what fame is. Ice-T knows how to prime time pimp you. Method is himself. Cube is himself. Julia Roberts must be some crazy woman if you sacked up with her. Tom Cruise probably flips his switch constantly and does a great job on dodging competence. ACTORS = Too much pay. If they were paid less there would be better movies than what is in the theaters now.
ATHLETES = Too much pay. They deserve a hefty amount, but not when it causes there game and social spirit to stink.

Doctors, Teachers, Cops, and minorities are all underpaid. If the police were paid more they wouldn't need to meet their state quota all the time they'd be happy to be dishing out true justice and not charging peeps with being drunk in public or other petty crimes like smoking reefer. Teachers do their best, but they like to give up easily. If paid goood they be dedicated to coming into work and getting the students brighter. A wealthier teacher though must first pass the true human test before getting that salary. (we don't want other assholes running around) Doctors should be paid more so they stop perscribing the most pointless and deadly drugs for "promotion" related symptms. They went to school a long time to just become a pharmaceutical b*tch.
K.E.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 12:51 AM   #9
thwak
over rates mathematics

thwak grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to thwak

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.E.G.
Acting is easy. It depends on the double twisted heart you have and how convincing you are when not your true self. Actors do great to brainwash what fame is. Ice-T knows how to prime time pimp you. Method is himself. Cube is himself. Julia Roberts must be some crazy woman if you sacked up with her. Tom Cruise probably flips his switch constantly and does a great job on dodging competence. ACTORS = Too much pay. If they were paid less there would be better movies than what is in the theaters now.
ATHLETES = Too much pay. They deserve a hefty amount, but not when it causes there game and social spirit to stink.

Doctors, Teachers, Cops, and minorities are all underpaid. If the police were paid more they wouldn't need to meet their state quota all the time they'd be happy to be dishing out true justice and not charging peeps with being drunk in public or other petty crimes like smoking reefer. Teachers do their best, but they like to give up easily. If paid goood they be dedicated to coming into work and getting the students brighter. A wealthier teacher though must first pass the true human test before getting that salary. (we don't want other assholes running around) Doctors should be paid more so they stop perscribing the most pointless and deadly drugs for "promotion" related symptms. They went to school a long time to just become a pharmaceutical b*tch.
the only thing I don't agree with you is doctors, mainly for the reason that doctors are widely known to get paid alot of money. or atleast doctors in the united states have that stereotype.
but yeah I think teachers should get payed more as well as other guys like cops and firemen.
but hey they get payed with tax money, so the chances of them actually getting raises is low because people wouldn't want to pay more money. why do you think bush got elected in the first place? one of the main reasons were tax cuts. but bush and tax cuts is a whole other topic so I'll just say that most of the people who deserve to get payed more don't because more people don't want to shell out the money.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:57 AM   #10
crass
Wise to da game

crass crouching tiger

doctors make MAD money. you go for a checkup, 10 minutes, costs mad money. people wihout insurance are fucked.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:11 AM   #11
SubtleEnergies
Veteran Member

SubtleEnergies grasshopper

Teahcers here are paid WAY to little.

But also, the vast majority are absolute idiots and lack any real intellignce (the marks needed here to be a teacher are low since the pay is and no one wants to do it).

I agree many entertainers are paid more than they deserve. But the simple fact is you don't get paid by how important what you do is. How you get paid is simple math. A doctor may heal one person at a time....where as a movie star in a huge movie may be viewed by a quarter of the world's population, so of course this generates more income.

People tend to look at it as movie stars are overpaid so they are ripping us off or something. But when you go see Tom Cruise you pay him $10 (NOT EVEN! Probably 50 cents is for his fee). A doctor (or from my experience a dentist) will take your food money for 3 weeks to relieve pain. So the fees are about right. Just the number of customers they serve.

That might not be fair but that's how it is. People get rich of mediocrities which serve large numbers.
SubtleEnergies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 07:20 AM   #12
Prince Rai
Writing verses in S9

Prince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killa

Money is high where most people invest their shit in!!!!

who watches movies?? listens to music ok fair enough downloadsa illegally, but still buys albums??
who buys the kits of ur favourite team??
who buys posters? jerks at magazines??

then you wonder why there so much money to eb paid to these people?

Inject the Lyrical Venom of Section 9
Prince Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 08:18 AM   #13
Born Ruler I
Lord of the Perfect Black

Born Ruler I grasshopper

If there was no market, athletes and entertainers wouldn't be paid as much. Most actors and entertainers don't get paid a lot. Only the A list ones. Most struggle like you and I.

Doctors get paid a lot of money because they are 'consultants' who endorse drugs for pharmeceutical companies. But the cost of their education makes it tempting.

Most attorneys don't make a lot of money. Only those who get the 'golden goose' cases. They are few and far between.

There is a skewing of the perception of most of these occupations based on politics.

Teachers are underpaid. The best ones leave after jsut a few years because they get burnt out, or can make more money in the private sector.

But this country (the US) always pays big bucks for their anesthetics... alcohol, drugs, TV, movies, music, sports....

As long as someone is paying, such products will be available and profitable.

One

http://www.soundclick.com/pandemoniumakagabriel
http://www.myspace.com/pandemoniumgabriel
Born Ruler I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 10:56 AM   #14
K.E.G.

K.E.G. Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princerai
Money is high where most people invest their shit in!!!!

who watches movies?? listens to music ok fair enough downloadsa illegally, but still buys albums??
who buys the kits of ur favourite team??
who buys posters? jerks at magazines??

then you wonder why there so much money to eb paid to these people?
no wondering involved.
Yes I was hesitant to put DOCTORS, but being hesitant wasn't worth it.

The real answer to this is completely out of line.............
Ordinary people in the workforce should bring home atleast $60,000 a year by the way the U.S. rakes in that nasty sh*t.
But the insurance companies get a much bigger portion than the actual doc oc gets.
And if you don't have insurance, (like myself) the urgent care facility gets that green, not professor perscription. (The beef is thick today) I usually give them an expired plan and walk out rapidly. I'm going to have to hit up Canada if I'm ever truely injured or ill again.

But hey, if the market demands it I'll be waiting in line too.
Who needs a TV in their bathroom?
K.E.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 11:04 AM   #15
Prince Rai
Writing verses in S9

Prince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.E.G.
no wondering involved.
Yes I was hesitant to put DOCTORS, but being hesitant wasn't worth it.

The real answer to this is completely out of line.............
Ordinary people in the workforce should bring home atleast $60,000 a year by the way the U.S. rakes in that nasty sh*t.
But the insurance companies get a much bigger portion than the actual doc oc gets.
And if you don't have insurance, (like myself) the urgent care facility gets that green, not professor perscription. (The beef is thick today) I usually give them an expired plan and walk out rapidly. I'm going to have to hit up Canada if I'm ever truely injured or ill again.

But hey, if the market demands it I'll be waiting in line too.
Who needs a TV in their bathroom?
lol i feel you

Inject the Lyrical Venom of Section 9
Prince Rai is offline   Reply With Quote