news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 11-03-2011, 09:47 AM   #1
IronSheik
The Birth Of A Prince

IronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to IronSheik Send a message via Skype™ to IronSheik
Post RZA joins the cast of Tarantino's 'Django Unchained'

A few casting additions to Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained, which is gearing up to start filming this January. Variety reports that musician-actor-director RZA will play Thaddeus, a violent slave working on a Mississippi plantation, in the film, along with Misty Upham (Frozen River, Mascots, "Big Love") playing a bar owner named Minnie. Additionally, Deadline reports that Anthony LaPaglia ("Without a Trace") has also joined the film, playing the leader of a group of greedy Australians who encounter Django, which as we know is Jamie Foxx, a freed slave who meets up with a German bounty hunter to free his wife.
The cast of Tarantino's highly anticipated Django Unchained features just about everyone, from Jamie Foxx to Leonardo DiCaprio, as well as Kurt Russell, Samuel L. Jackson, Christoph Waltz, Kerry Washington, Tom Savini, Don Johnson, and now RZA and Misty Upham, too. Plus there's Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who will be seen with Anthony LaPaglia, as he plays "mean brothers" with Gordon-Levitt. "It's wildly ambitious and imaginative, deals with that subject matter in a way it hasnít been dealt with before," LaPaglia told Deadline. "The way the cast has shaped up, it's exciting to be involved." I would certainly agree, this is a hell of a project, and it has a hell of cast. The Weinstein Company is producing and will shoot in New Orleans.
As for RZA, he worked on Tarantino's Kill Bill soundtracks, and has acted in films like The Box, American Gangster, Funny People, The Killers, Repo Men, The Next Three Days and A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas (out this weekend), but it's good to see him in a solid role in this. He also just finished directing his own kung fu film The Man with the Iron Fists and is currently filming John Chu's G.I. Joe 2: Retaliation playing the Blind Master. As I said before, the cast on this is just fantastic, and I'm glad to see even more interesting names joining the outstanding group that Quentin's wrangled up for his 2012 spaghetti western.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:03 PM   #2
JASPER BEARDLY
Fan of the real

JASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of fury

good to hear

RIP
JASPER BEARDLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:26 PM   #3
Surreptitious
Above the Clouds

Surreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal son

all the makings of a dope film
Old 11-03-2011, 09:19 PM   #4
djskillz
Raggamuffin

djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i didn't see this coming. I should've.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted
djskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:18 PM   #5
theheavens
Banned

theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

when is RZA's film supposed to drop? Django Unchained isn't coming til Christmas 2012
theheavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:59 AM   #6
IronSheik
The Birth Of A Prince

IronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venoms
Default RZA as "Thaddeus"

Kinetic (Killarmy's Beretta 9) is also in this film playing "Franklin"

https://www.youtube.com/embed/rC8VJ9aeB_g

Old 08-23-2012, 01:19 PM   #7
JEM
Wu-Veteran

JEM drunken mastaJEM drunken masta

Ok great..but where is he fitting in time to produce Crystal Mef, Liquid Swords 2 and The Rebellion?
JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:23 PM   #8
Luz
Holy Father

Luz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of fury

Just as a reminder.... Wu-Latino has never worked with the Wu-Tang Clan.
Luz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:53 PM   #9
immaculate

8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM View Post
Ok great..but where is he fitting in time to produce Crystal Mef, Liquid Swords 2 and The Rebellion?
haha good 1. It's over. Face it.

8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:57 PM   #10
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM View Post
it either wont happen or it'll all be disappointments after postponing it for 5 years
Old 08-23-2012, 03:29 PM   #11
Jin10304
Veteran Member

Jin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venoms

"Ok great..but where is he fitting in time to produce Crystal Mef, Liquid Swords 2 and The Rebellion?"

Crystal Meth-iono, whenever Meth & RZA decide to stop bullshitting lol
LSII= You may as well kiss that LP GOODBYE as we wont see it for YEARS or ever. He instead wants to drop Dark Matter, then another album based on water/oceans and then re-release LS1 with a live band recreating the beats (Elzhi-Elmatic) and THEN LSII supposedly may drop.
Rebellion= Well only half of the album, or just some RZA tracks are slated. Check that new video out with Deck I think saying Summer 2013 for it
Jin10304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:23 PM   #12
silent_whistler_uk
myspace.com/iou7

silent_whistler_uk drunken mastasilent_whistler_uk drunken mastasilent_whistler_uk drunken masta

you must have got your dates wrong.. the film is due for a jan 2013 release, filming wrapped up months ago for this...
silent_whistler_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:08 PM   #13
IronSheik
The Birth Of A Prince

Default In Theaters: X-Mas Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent_whistler_uk View Post
you must have got your dates wrong.. the film is due for a jan 2013 release, filming wrapped up months ago for this...
its X-Mas...i posted the trailer
http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho...05&postcount=6
Old 10-03-2012, 06:28 PM   #14
IronSheik
The Birth Of A Prince

Default RZA Says He Had To Drop Out Of 'Django Unchained'

looks like that "buddy" is Kinetic9

They're dropping like flies: add another excised name to the impressive cast left out of this winter's "Django Unchained." Following Kevin Costner, Sacha Baron Cohen, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Anthony LaPaglia out the door, the runaway Quentin Tarantino production also has shed frequent QT collaborator The RZA.
In an exclusive interview with The Playlist, the rapper/actor/director told us he had to regrettably drop out of the picture earlier this year. "I'm not in 'Django Unchained,' " he told us. "I gave my role up to a buddy. Can you believe that?" When asked who will fill in for the role of Thaddeus in Tarantino's Spaghetti Western slave epic, the Wu-Tang'er turned filmmaker wouldn't disclose the name, though he downplayed it considerably, claiming it was, "Just another buddy that trained with me." You'd have to be a bigtime player in Hollywood to simply give up a role in the hottest film of the holiday season, but The RZA had completely reasonable obligations. "It's my fault," he says, crediting time spent on post-production for his long-in-the-works martial arts epic "The Man With The Iron Fists" that opens later this fall. "I got stuck in editing. I couldn't do it." In other words, don't look for any drama here, folks.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:40 PM   #15
josborne3680
Peace CT

josborne3680 drunken mastajosborne3680 drunken masta

Thanx^. I was starting to think he wasnt in it any longer since IMDB still had RZA listed as rumored. Peace
josborne3680 is offline   Reply With Quote