news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 11-02-2011, 08:06 AM   #1
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer

UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to UNCLE RUCKUS
Default The Roots undun cover+tracklist

1) Sleep
2) Make My ft. Big K.R.I.T.
3) One Time
4) Kool On
5) The Jump
6) Stomp
7) Lighthouse
8 ) I Remember
9) Tip The Scale
10) Redford

The Roots’ first ever concept album will be released on December 6th, with its first single “Make My” featuring Def Jam labelmate Big K.R.I.T. dropping on iTunes November 1st.
undun is an existential re-telling of the short life of one Redford Stephens (1974-1999). Through the use of emotives and Redford’s internal dialogues the album seeks to illustrate the intersection of free will and prescribed destiny as it plays out ‘on the corner’. Utilizing a reverse narrative arc, the album begins as the listener finds Redford disoriented–postmortem–and attempting to make sense of his former life. As he moves through its pivotal moments he begins to deconstruct all that has led to his (and our own) coming undun.
“At this point in our career we’d like for our work to have a unifying theme, and an experiential quality,” says Ahmir “?uestlove” Thompson, 40. “We’ve been intentionally making our albums shorter in length so that they can be experienced as a continuous work. The music is band-oriented with an eye on the moody cinematic. As a DJ, I am the King of playlists, but I don’t want our albums to feel like a playlist or a mixtape for that matter. We want to tell stories that work within the album format and we want the stories to be nuanced and useful to people. undun is the story of this kid who becomes criminal, but he wasn’t born criminal. He’s not the nouveau exotic primitive bug-eyed gunrunner like Tupac’s character Bishop in “Juice”… he’s actually thoughtful and is neither victim nor hero. Just some kid who begins to order his world in a way that makes the most sense to him at a given moment… At the end of the day… isn’t that what we all do?”

Last edited by UNCLE RUCKUS; 11-15-2011 at 03:52 PM.
UNCLE RUCKUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:23 AM   #2
djskillz
Raggamuffin

djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

sounds amazing.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted
djskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:23 AM   #3
KingVerse
Royal Sound

KingVerse grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to KingVerse

YEP! This is going to be one of the best albums of the year, it kinda sounds like their last album + a dooope concept... here's an article from Complex since yesterday, Iwantthisalbumrightnow!

http://www.complex.com/music/2011/11...he-roots-undun
KingVerse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:10 PM   #4
Wh0am3ye?
PRODIGAL SUN

Wh0am3ye? five deadly venomsWh0am3ye? five deadly venomsWh0am3ye? five deadly venomsWh0am3ye? five deadly venomsWh0am3ye? five deadly venomsWh0am3ye? five deadly venomsWh0am3ye? five deadly venomsWh0am3ye? five deadly venomsWh0am3ye? five deadly venoms

If not on the same level as how I got over, definitely on another....

Wh0am3ye? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:45 PM   #5
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

fuck yeah roots.

count on them to drop some really good music out of nowhere
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:14 PM   #6
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

oh and if the roots are ever performing in your vicinity, you owe it to yourself to go...because they'll rip your skull open with covers like this:

i wish there was a good vid of their james brown tribute medley on youtube, c'est la vie
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:43 PM   #7
OntheHorizon
PRODIGAL SUN

OntheHorizon iron monkeyOntheHorizon iron monkeyOntheHorizon iron monkey

This looks really intresting, cant wait
OntheHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:09 AM   #8
Prime8
a.k.a. The Great'

Prime8 iron monkeyPrime8 iron monkeyPrime8 iron monkeyPrime8 iron monkeyPrime8 iron monkey

The Roots are always dope. Game Theory is my personal favourite, but this could surpass all my expectations. Can't wait!
Old 11-06-2011, 07:40 AM   #9
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer

UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime8 View Post
The Roots are always dope. Game Theory is my personal favourite, but this could surpass all my expectations. Can't wait!

really Game Theory? I like that album alot its different musically really dark. I think Illadelph Halflife will always be my favorite
Old 11-07-2011, 01:24 AM   #10
djskillz
Raggamuffin

djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post
oh and if the roots are ever performing in your vicinity, you owe it to yourself to go...because they'll rip your skull open with covers like this:

i wish there was a good vid of their james brown tribute medley on youtube, c'est la vie
still kicking myself.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted
djskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:26 PM   #11
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer

Old 11-09-2011, 12:26 PM   #12
Prime8
a.k.a. The Great'

Prime8 iron monkeyPrime8 iron monkeyPrime8 iron monkeyPrime8 iron monkeyPrime8 iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by -aid4afrika- View Post
really Game Theory? I like that album alot its different musically really dark. I think Illadelph Halflife will always be my favorite
Illadelph Halflife used to be mine, but it's a whole lot more boring than Game Theory.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:40 PM   #13
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

really feeling both singles from the album so far, reminds me of the same style they had on "How I Got Over" which is really fine with me since i loved that album. it will be interesting to hear Black Thought on a full concept album for sure

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:46 PM   #14
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer