news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 11-15-2011, 04:56 PM   #1
Jin10304
Veteran Member

Jin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venoms
Default Dre will take musical break after working w/ Lamar & Slim, Detox officially in da air

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/i...taking-a-break

just give up waiting, no matter what an enthusiastic Snoop says....
Jin10304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:24 PM   #2
PANDA PISS
I Radiate Distinction

PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to PANDA PISS

the guy didn't ask about detox, but still the history of the album is retarded, he could have made, and infact he has made several albums worth of material, it just ain't released. read this, its just baffling:

Work for the upcoming album dates back to early 2002,[2] where its first version was called "the most advanced rap album ever," by producer Scott Storch.[3] Even at the beginning of Detox's production, it was announced that it would be Dr. Dre's final studio album,[3] which has been confirmed at different points throughout the album's ten-year production process.[4] Because Dr. Dre had stated he was tired of rapping about marijuana use and stereotypical gangster lifestyle, he planned to make Detox a hip-hop musical telling the story of a professional hitman and his family, with an intended summer 2003 release date.[2] In 2004, Dre took focus off the album to work on producing for Eminem, Game, and others. Upon completion, he resumed work on Detox with a plan to release the album in late 2005. The revival and promised completion of Detox was reflected in lyrics of Eminem's song "Encore/Curtains Down" and Game's song "Higher".[5]

The planned 2005 release date passed and Dre was still working on the album, being in the second version of the album with 18 tracks complete at the time. The album, already famous at the time for being delayed so much, was announced for a September 2007 release date, though it was delayed again once the deadline passed.[6] After the 2007 release date passed, Dre announced that Detox would still be released while he was at the 2007 MTV Video Music Awards presenting the Video of the Year award.[7] In a 2007 interview with 50 Cent, he stated Detox was continually delayed because of Dre wanting a perfect album, saying, "He's such a perfectionist. But sometimes that can be a bad thing. You create new pressure when you wait that long. When you put a new album against the last two classics, people will scrutinize it if they become impatient."[8]

After rumors by All Hip-Hop of Detox being complete in May 2008,[9] both Detox and Eminem's new studio album were revealed to be released for the fourth quarter of 2008.[10] Snoop Dogg later confirmed Detox's completion and said that Dre was still deciding which tracks would be included.[11][12][13] During the same month, Dr. Dre revealed that he aimed to release the album in November or December 2008, saying, "I'm just now, over the last couple of months, starting to feel that it's going to be right and it's something I can be proud of, and everybody is going to love it".

In December 2008, Dre told MTV that the album would be released after Eminem's Relapse and 50 Cent's Before I Self Destruct, released in May 2009 and November 2009, respectively.[14] In 2009, 50 Cent and Eminem asserted in an interview on BET's 106 & Park that Dr. Dre had about ten songs finished for Detox.[15]

In May 2009, Dre premiered the first official snippet of Detox in a Dr. Pepper commercial.[16] In an interview with The D.O.C., Dre confirmed that the album was to be completed in November 2009,[17] subsequently announcing his hope to release the album in 2010.[18] However, in January 2010 in an interview with Slam, Dr. Dre revealed that the album would not be released until 2011, stating, "Well, I'm working on it, but also I've been working on other people's projects; you'll probably hear something in a year or so."[19] In April 2010, in aCNBC interview with Dre and Jimmy Iovine to promote Beats headphones, Dre stated that he would "finally release it this year".[20]

Many recorded Detox tracks, some unfinished, leaked in 2009 and 2010, including "Under Pressure", "The Doctor",[21] "This Is Detox",[22] "Could Have Been You", "OG's Theme",[23] "Say Dr. Dre",[24] "Syllables",[25] "Coming Back",[26] and two versions of "Topless".[27][28]

Following the Leaks, Dr. Dre stated that at least some of the leaked reference tracks would not be included in 'Detox'.[29] Regarding the leaked track "Could Have Been You", a source close to Dr. Dre's camp told MTV that Dr. Dre was expecting the song to be on Detox and was furious with the track being leaked so early.[30] The song was later released on 50 Cent's album Before I Self Destruct, but Bishop Lamont's verse was not included.

In September 2010, at a press conference for "Beats By Dre" headphones, Dre hinted at a Christmas release. He also expressed the inspiration and encouragement he received to finish the album, saying,

"Being on the stage with Eminem and Jay-Z was one of the most incredible feelings I've felt in a long time. It inspired me, it made me want to hurry up and get back in the studio and put more effort and more work into my own project," and "The response from the people out there was just incredible,". "It let me know that I still got love out there and I'm not wasting my time in the studio with what I'm doing, with the music or with all the Beats product that we're putting out."[31]
In January 2011, 50 Cent was interviewed by MTV regarding why the album was so highly anticipated.

"I think everyone is [looking forward to Detox]. When you got a producer that has that kind of production track record, you even have to credit both Eminem's success and my success to Dr. Dre as a producer. My first single off of Get Rich or Die Tryin' — people constantly tell me it was a classic — was produced by Dr. Dre, 'In Da Club.' Without that momentum from that song, I'm not sure they would have taken to 'P.I.M.P.' the same way or '21 Questions' or any of the other hit records I released following that."[32][33]
Producer Just Blaze, a long contributor to the album, stated that since 2002, multiple versions and phases of Detox had been recorded over the history of the album, saying,

“The work on Detox, it’s been a long process,” Just Blaze told “RapFix.” “I been going back and forth to L.A. for like eight years. Well, 2002, so it’s been nine years years, actually. I’ve seen the album through different phases. I’ve heard near-complete versions of the album, then he turns around and scratches it and does the same thing two or three times over.”[34]

On May 21, 2011, Swizz Beatz confirmed that he and Dr. Dre were collaborating on both Detox, and Swizz Beatz's project, Haute Living.[35] In an interview with Billboard, DJ Khalil said that Dr. Dre was in the final stretch of Detox work.

"Dre's album is definitely the most important thing right now, because he is definitely in the final stretch. He has the record going, but I'm sure he thinks there are pieces missing still. Until he finds those pieces, maybe he's not comfortable putting it out yet."[36]
In August 2011, at the BMI Urban Awards, Snoop Dogg, pledged he would put all his effort to help Dre finish recording Detox, saying,

“Ya’ll ain’t gotta wait too much longer, the Dogg is in the building. We gonna get this shit right.”[37]

In September 2011, Kendrick Lamar confirmed that Detox was in the mixing process.
PANDA PISS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:55 PM   #3
djskillz
Raggamuffin

djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

this album should have been released in 2005-06. right after 50 cent, the game, and eminem dropped. it would've went diamond because shady/aftermath/g-unit was on top of the world. this album wouldnt even go gold if it dropped today. i'm officially done with dre. all i want to hear is the new kendrick album. i could care less about slim da mobster.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted
djskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:55 PM   #4
Jin10304
Veteran Member

Jin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venoms

Doesnt matter if he asked about Detox...common sense says "musical break"=not working on Detox=no release date=have to wait for Dre's "break" to b over
Jin10304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:09 PM   #5
djskillz
Raggamuffin

djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i think he just didnt have the heart to admit that it will never see the light of day. after he saw the reaction to kush and i need a doctor he realized he would never be able to live up to the hype.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:28 PM   #6
oldie
Hull's #1 Hip-Hop Fan!

oldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venoms

taking a break - are you fuckin kidding?!

It seems as though he aint done shit in the past decade. He talkin bout he aint been out the studio for longer than 2 weeks - so what the fuck he been doing all this time?!

Yeah he's produced for Game, 50 & Em but i aint gunna lie, i aint checked any production credits or picked up an album for 50 since Get Rich, Game's debut & Eminem's Marshall Mathers LP so I dunno how much input he had over these guys releases but for all these years, he's only been doing those guys production?

He shoulda had an album or two out by now, Detox or no Detox.

Dre will be dead before Detox see's the light of day

Plus he been workin with wack artists some of the time - Bishop Lamont, Stat Quo.

Basically he been spendin too much time sippin 50's Vitamin Water & hittin those roids and maybe a lil gym time and promoting trash like the names I mentioned.

sad to hear

Aka. Living Proof
www.myspace.com/hiphop4infinite
oldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:32 PM   #7
djskillz
Raggamuffin

^dont forget his headphones. that's taking up most of his time nowadays.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:53 PM   #8
MaskedAvenger
Secret Rival

MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I could give two shits if he never made anything again, I haven't liked anything Dre has done in nearly 10 years. I don't even want to hear a detox album filled with appearances from Eminem, 50, Lamar & whoever the fuck else is on it

MaskedAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:14 PM   #9
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

man, fuck detox.
he released a wack ass single that got a little airplay cause em was on it and now its time to wait another 10 years.

and if he's collaborating with wack as fuck swizz beats, then thats not a good sign either.

fuck it. scrap the project.

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:24 PM   #10
EAGLE EYE
0110111101110000011001010111001001100001011101000110100101101111011011100010000001100111011101010110100101101100011011000110111101110100011010010110111001100101

EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation

Taking a break? He will be 50 in 3 years lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bandana View Post
you dont want me coming around dressed in black homie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
Honestly dude, this is why I want to go to hell. Hell is crackin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crump Diddy View Post
Did I scare you?
EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:56 PM   #11
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

ok top of the fact that the last 15-20 years if this dudes career has been a fucking break.

dre acting like a straight up faggit nowadays.

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:34 PM   #12
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Lamar Odom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
I know black men want sex often and when they don't get it when they want it, they'll find a woman who will give them sex. Sex is the reason why most black couples don't stay together long.
check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:34 AM   #13
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cube
I ain't the Doctor, this ain't the patient,
this ain't that nigga always on vacation,
this ain't no white boy's rehabilitation...
Never outta the studio for longer than two weeks huh?
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:55 AM   #14
jsofunky
PRODIGAL SUN

jsofunky crouching tigerjsofunky crouching tiger

dude iz takin a break from takin a break
jsofunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:42 AM   #15
RADIOACTIVE MAN
Alphomega man

RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I beg to differ about the album not even going gols,this is dre we talking about here and I an assure you,the anticipation for detox is still high..i believe he could go platinum on a bad day without any effort but really at the end of the day,what matters is the quality of the product

astro eden"- the new album,get it here
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pbnrft
RADIOACTIVE MAN is offline   Reply With Quote