news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 11-29-2011, 09:42 AM   #16
PANDA PISS
I Radiate Distinction

PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to PANDA PISS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim T View Post
LOL, will do. What I was trying to say is that a certified great calbum can and often does lack one or more of the elements you mentioned. Certainly not all of them, in that case it would be the other opposite... certified wack.
yeah definitely. something like finesse 'the awakening' isn't very inventive. i don't know if you'd consider b sigels 'b coming' a classic, but to me thats one with a sound thats all over the place.
PANDA PISS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:14 AM   #17
OntheHorizon
PRODIGAL SUN

OntheHorizon iron monkeyOntheHorizon iron monkeyOntheHorizon iron monkey

There is no formula to making a classic record, alot of things depend on the time period

Theres alot of great albums coming out today that, had they been released in the 90's, would definatly be looked at as classics, but being that the taste of the people has changed so much, those albums are relegated to obscurity with a few thousand people on sites like these who give a fuck about them while the rest of the world could give a fuck less

If Illmatic came out today it would be viewed as boring by todays audience and would be one of those albums that comes and goes for the majority of the people, with only heads like us tuned in, it wouldnt go down as a classic if it were being judged by the modern day rap audience

Timing is everything
OntheHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:16 AM   #18
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
yeah definitely. something like finesse 'the awakening' isn't very inventive. i don't know if you'd consider b sigels 'b coming' a classic, but to me thats one with a sound thats all over the place.
this is a matter of opinion
i always hear certain albums mention whether mainstream or underground. another album that people consider great and seems to be mention or is synamous with Chino Xl is his I Told You So album funny i dont hear any mention or any of his other albums even the one with Playalitical and imo the cd i told you so is sub-par. but it raises a question
Old 11-29-2011, 11:16 AM   #19
PANDA PISS
I Radiate Distinction

PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to PANDA PISS

yeah i was gonna say the same thing about strictly business, to horizon i mean not fatal.

what you saying fatal you don't like the beans lp or chino xls?
PANDA PISS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:18 AM   #20
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheHorizon View Post
There is no formula to making a classic record, alot of things depend on the time period

Theres alot of great albums coming out today that, had they been released in the 90's, would definatly be looked at as classics, but being that the taste of the people has changed so much, those albums are relegated to obscurity with a few thousand people on sites like these who give a fuck about them while the rest of the world could give a fuck less

If Illmatic came out today it would be viewed as boring by todays audience and would be one of those albums that comes and goes for the majority of the people, with only heads like us tuned in, it wouldnt go down as a classic if it were being judged by the modern day rap audience

Timing is everything
you can disagree with what im about to say but i think if nas was to release illmatic to todays audience it would have mixed reviews but some people would look at it like they look at Jay Electronica albums.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:22 AM   #21
OntheHorizon
PRODIGAL SUN

OntheHorizon iron monkeyOntheHorizon iron monkeyOntheHorizon iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal Guillotine View Post
you can disagree with what im about to say but i think if nas was to release illmatic to todays audience it would have mixed reviews but some people would look at it like they look at Jay Electronica albums.

No I agree completely with that, a small portion of the audience would get it but by and large it would be slept on alot more so then it was when it dropped back then, I couldnt see "World Is Yours" getting played on Video channels now like it did back then, or hearing One Love on Urban Radio like I did when I was in Junior High tho

There will always be the few who arent swayed by fads and trends
OntheHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:40 AM   #22
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

^with todays radio station accepting payola theres no telling
Old 12-02-2011, 10:53 AM   #23
THE MASON
Winter is Coming

THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Horizan brings about a good point.

timing and relevance are certainly factors that make an album classic.

the Illmatic statement is a very true but sad one. heres a real life example

i work at a record shop, and we dont just play the top 40 shit , we dont have too. so i decided to put on Illmatic. as im working away some young kid comes to me and says "is this supposed to be rap" in a tone more along the lines of "fuck is this garbage you got on". so i said "no my child, this is Hip Hop long before your time" and walked away

anyways, i ended up selling the album to his friend and started a heated debate amongst the two about what was good hip hop music

ELITE STATUS
THE MASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 11:10 AM   #24
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venoms

Bronze Feet, those comments you said about some black guy asking you about Illmatic album acting like it's garbage, people like him is the reason why rap music has been terrible for the last 11 years because these youngsters like this bullshit ass rap music. They don't have a clue about what good rap music is because good lyrics mean nothing to them. That's why garbage rappers like Little Wayne, Drake, Rick Ross, T.I., and these other clown ass rappers are selling records and the rappers with lyrical skills never sell records.

Fatal Guillotine, this is a good topic you posted. I think what makes a great rap album is good lyrics and good beats. If the beats are wack, the album isn't gonna be good. There's lots of rappers i like but i don't like some of their albums because of bad beats. That's why i haven't bought rap albums since the 90's. The good veteran rappers that are still doing music like Ice Cube, Nas, Wu Tang, Redman, MC Eiht, KRS One, Too Short, Scarface, Canibus, AZ, EPMD, Keith Murray, Mobb Deep, LL Cool J are still good lyrically but i don't like their beats anymore.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 11:26 AM   #25
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
Bronze Feet, those comments you said about some black guy asking you about Illmatic album acting like it's garbage, people like him is the reason why rap music has been terrible for the last 11 years because these youngsters like this bullshit ass rap music. They don't have a clue about what good rap music is because good lyrics mean nothing to them. That's why garbage rappers like Little Wayne, Drake, Rick Ross, T.I., and these other clown ass rappers are selling records and the rappers with lyrical skills never sell records.

Fatal Guillotine, this is a good topic you posted. I think what makes a great rap album is good lyrics and good beats. If the beats are wack, the album isn't gonna be good. There's lots of rappers i like but i don't like some of their albums because of bad beats. That's why i haven't bought rap albums since the 90's. The good veteran rappers that are still doing music like Ice Cube, Nas, Wu Tang, Redman, MC Eiht, KRS One, Too Short, Scarface, Canibus, AZ, EPMD, Keith Murray, Mobb Deep, LL Cool J are still good lyrically but i don't like their beats anymore.
dead

thanks man one of the reason i made this thread because i was looking around and i notice how some people say Canibus is wack or a certain underground cat thats fucking lyrical is wack then they damn near catch a fucking temper tantrum when you say Drake Is Garbage or Lil Wayne is garbage
Old 12-03-2011, 11:39 AM   #26
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venoms

LOL@what you said about faggots getting upset with you when you say Little Wayne and Drake are garbage hahahahahahahahahahaha.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:50 AM   #27
THE MASON
Winter is Coming

THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i agree Charles but i never said it was a black guy, i said young kid lol.

ELITE STATUS
Old 12-03-2011, 11:53 AM   #28
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

Oh ok. I thought he was a black guy. Was he a white guy?
Old 12-03-2011, 12:05 PM   #29
THE MASON
Winter is Coming

i hate to reinforce your hate for young black youth but yes, this time around it was a young black kid with his white friend lol

but i dont think that really matters to the situation

ELITE STATUS
Old 12-03-2011, 12:12 PM   #30
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

LOL@you said i hate young black boys hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I only hate ignorant black boys. That's funny you said he had a white friend with him. I was reading in a book called Enough about today's black men thinking that being ignorant and going to prison is cool and going to school and getting a job isn't cool LOL. The book also talked about 80% of white men buy rap music more than black men. Can you believe that? I'm shocked about that especially since older white people criticize rap music but i guess young white men buy rap music because they wanna rebel against their parents and try to be black LOL. I will never understand why whites like heavy metal rock music. That is the worst music ever. That's why i never understood why white people diss rap music but they buy the stuff and heavy metal is worst than rap because it's a bunch of yelling over loud guitars hahahahahahahahahaha. The heavy metal rock album covers are weird and they sing about the devil and doing drugs and the artists dress like fags and have long hair hahahahahahahahaha.