news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 12-03-2011, 12:18 PM   #31
OntheHorizon
PRODIGAL SUN

OntheHorizon iron monkeyOntheHorizon iron monkeyOntheHorizon iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
LOL@you said i hate young black boys hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I only hate ignorant black boys. That's funny you said he had a white friend with him. I was reading in a book called Enough about today's black men thinking that being ignorant and going to prison is cool and going to school and getting a job isn't cool LOL. The book also talked about 80% of white men buy rap music more than black men. Can you believe that? I'm shocked about that especially since older white people criticize rap music but i guess young white men buy rap music because they wanna rebel against their parents and try to be black LOL. I will never understand why whites like heavy metal rock music. That is the worst music ever. That's why i never understood why white people diss rap music but they buy the stuff and heavy metal is worst than rap because it's a bunch of yelling over loud guitars hahahahahahahahahaha. The heavy metal rock album covers are weird and they sing about the devil and doing drugs and the artists dress like fags and have long hair hahahahahahahahaha.
Your stereo types about the metal sound and audience are as confused as the ones older white people have about hip hop, open your mind a lil man, not all heavy metal is about the devil, actually a very small sub genre of it could be described that way, Dave Mustaine from one of the loudest bands, Megadeath, is such a jesus freak he would probably criticize the way you live and tell you to find christ, lol
OntheHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:21 PM   #32
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

I don't care what you say. I will never listen to heavy metal. That music is wack. I do like some rock artists like Billy Joel, Phil Collins, Madonna, Huey Lewis and the News, Wham(i also like George Michael's Father Figure song).
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:28 PM   #33
OntheHorizon
PRODIGAL SUN

OntheHorizon iron monkeyOntheHorizon iron monkeyOntheHorizon iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
I don't care what you say. I will never listen to heavy metal. That music is wack. I do like some rock artists like Billy Joel, Phil Collins, Madonna, Huey Lewis and the News, Wham(i also like George Michael's Father Figure song).
Not telling you to like it, just correcting your stereo type

Saying "All Heavy Metal is screaming and devil worship" is the same as saying "All Hip Hop is about Gang Banging and treating women like shit", its a very inaccurate statement that people who've never taken the time to listen throw out there
OntheHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:40 PM   #34
THE MASON
Winter is Coming

THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

METAL FINGAZ IN THE AIR!!

ELITE STATUS
THE MASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:03 PM   #35
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheHorizon View Post
Not telling you to like it, just correcting your stereo type

Saying "All Heavy Metal is screaming and devil worship" is the same as saying "All Hip Hop is about Gang Banging and treating women like shit", its a very inaccurate statement that people who've never taken the time to listen throw out there
i think someone need to make a thread that needs to establish what is hip-hop..i always hear dumb asses say chino xl or atmosphere isnt hip-hop and that rick ross is i think what needs to be established first and foremost is that hip-hop is rhyme its expression and that they are numerous ways to express yourself in meter and rhyme
Old 12-03-2011, 05:15 PM   #36
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

thats true, hip hop actually has a pretty diverse sound compared to some genres, since it takes from all other genres and you could listen to a lot of hip hop and still only know one style. i had a friend at college that flat out refused to hear anything that wasn't underground. he was into slug, aesop and people like that. and i figure he missed out on a lot of classic hip hop that way. lol i remember i played him a nerd song on the bus one day and he ripped me to shreds, nerd ain't even hip hop but you get the point.

also lmao @ charles jones being a wham fan.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:18 PM   #37
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

thats the thing i think one thing that people confused is:

1.) what is hip-hop? with 2) there own personal opinion
Old 02-24-2012, 05:39 PM   #38
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

up
Old 02-24-2012, 06:20 PM   #39
BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
Are U aware I ban @ will?

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Substance.

Good Production.

You have to be able to Connect with the music.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:34 AM   #40
KERZO
☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀

KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

1. Dope Beat
2. Vibe You Connect With
3. Great Lyrical Ability

KERZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:00 AM   #41
Willis
85 %ER

Willis shaolin monk

Its a mix off all of those things,

solid production and beats that go together, nothing worse than an album that just sounds like lots of beats thrown together, Hell on Earth by Mobb Deep is an example of what I mean, the whole album has the same sound to it.

Rapping - there needs to be some stand out shit that makes you want to hear the line over and over, delivery to me is more important than lyrics but in my opinion there needs to be some lyrical skill in order to not generic.

Guest spots mean nothing to me, too many guest spots ruins an album.

Thats what makes a good album, to make a classic there needs to be something stand out, something that doesnt sound like anything else, it has to feature the MC or groups signature sound, this is the reason albums like 36 Chambers, The Infamous, and Violent by Design are great albums they all have that signature sound.

All of this is just in my opinion obviously.
Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:58 AM   #42
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willis View Post
Its a mix off all of those things,

solid production and beats that go together, nothing worse than an album that just sounds like lots of beats thrown together, Hell on Earth by Mobb Deep is an example of what I mean, the whole album has the same sound to it.

Rapping - there needs to be some stand out shit that makes you want to hear the line over and over, delivery to me is more important than lyrics but in my opinion there needs to be some lyrical skill in order to not generic.

Guest spots mean nothing to me, too many guest spots ruins an album.

Thats what makes a good album, to make a classic there needs to be something stand out, something that doesnt sound like anything else, it has to feature the MC or groups signature sound, this is the reason albums like 36 Chambers, The Infamous, and Violent by Design are great albums they all have that signature sound.

All of this is just in my opinion obviously.
agree w/ you there times when i listen to cds with all these guest spots and it seems that the guest artist is carryng them(let me help make your album better since you cant do it yourself). i find myself deleting alot of shit on my pc cause of that especially when its someones debut album
Old 03-01-2012, 08:06 AM   #43
Willis
85 %ER

Willis shaolin monk

Sometimes it works great, like with Rae & Ghost. But the main reason i couldnt listen to the Games new album was because there was a guest on almost every track
Willis is offline   Reply With Quote