news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 12-11-2011, 11:14 AM   #16
OntheHorizon
PRODIGAL SUN

OntheHorizon iron monkeyOntheHorizon iron monkeyOntheHorizon iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime8 View Post
Reks - REKS ?
CunninLynguists - Oneirology ?
Blue Sky Black Death - NOIR ?
Has-Lo - In Case I Don't Make It ?
L*Roneous - The Notes of the Righteous Outlaw ?
Evidence - Cats & Dogs ?
J-Live - SPTA ?

What a shit list.
You talking about theirs or your own, lol, out of those Only one I liked was the Evidence record

BSBD is the most overrated production duo in the underground, there drum kits are awful
OntheHorizon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:32 AM   #17
Prime8
a.k.a. The Great'

Prime8 iron monkeyPrime8 iron monkeyPrime8 iron monkeyPrime8 iron monkeyPrime8 iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheHorizon View Post
You talking about theirs or your own, lol, out of those Only one I liked was the Evidence record

BSBD is the most overrated production duo in the underground, there drum kits are awful
Their drums are nice and they use live instrumentation.

You didn't like R.E.K.S, SPTA or Oneirology?
Old 12-11-2011, 11:36 AM   #18
check two
N.I.

check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

lol yeah he does look like he would fit in on the Howard Stern show as part of the Wack Pack or whatever they are called, with Beetlejuice and Hank the Angry Dwarf

check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:42 AM   #19
JASPER BEARDLY
Fan of the real

JASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of fury

damn i wish i'd never seen danny browns picture

bsbd are dope

RIP
JASPER BEARDLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:28 PM   #20
theheavens
Banned

theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

it's Spin, not the Source. of course their list is going to suck. but at least they don't get caught up in the mainstream shit. still, Rae's Shaolin vs. WU-Tang is top 10 for sure. good thing I didn't see any Mac Miller on there

oh and this is the hip hop album of 2011

theheavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:43 PM   #21
JASPER BEARDLY
Fan of the real

JASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of fury

a lil biased comin from the d but elzhi is the man

RIP
JASPER BEARDLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:00 PM   #22
Djaminha
FREE DA HUS!

Djaminha iron monkeyDjaminha iron monkeyDjaminha iron monkeyDjaminha iron monkey

Cunninlynguists takes it for me.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:51 PM   #23
check two
N.I.

check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

How did Baatin die?

check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:01 PM   #24
Wh0am3ye?
PRODIGAL SUN

Wh0am3ye? five deadly venomsWh0am3ye? five deadly venomsWh0am3ye? five deadly venomsWh0am3ye? five deadly venomsWh0am3ye? five deadly venomsWh0am3ye? five deadly venomsWh0am3ye? five deadly venomsWh0am3ye? five deadly venomsWh0am3ye? five deadly venoms

this wasn't on it either...

Wh0am3ye? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:16 PM   #25
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saverio View Post
damn i wish i'd never seen danny browns picture

bsbd are dope

yeaa for real tho right.

and the roots new album should make any top 40 list.
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
whitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:55 PM   #26
main_man
corpin' while nude, bitch

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

and even though he looks like a crackhead from 1988, danny brown is a talented muthafucka.

he can spit, for real. and he's on some for real hood shit. just got done banging "the hybrid" and that shit is dope.

"Blessed be the Lord
Who believe any mess they read up on a message board
If so, I got bridges for the low low
Same bitch'll a go dry snitchin' to the popo"
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:06 PM   #27
Cthulhu
Veteran Member

Cthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by main_man View Post

38. Kool G Rap
Riches, Royalty, Respect (Fat Beats)
The greatest rapper who ever copped to working at Key Food in rhyme, Queens legend Kool G Rap claimed his best work back in hip-hop's fabled late-'80s Golden Age. His 2011 reintro may be centered around Blaxploitation-era tropes, but at no point does a man who's been cited as an influence by Jay-Z and Biggie sound outdated. Kool G Rap still kicks cinematic street sermons with aplomb and tricky rhyme schemes, but here the intensity of his flow is smartly tempered by production that samples from '70s soul. It's hip-hop embracing nostalgia in the right way
Another person that clearly hasn't listened to much of Kool G's early material. Kool G released one album in the '80s. Yeah, "Road to the Riches" is a good album, but better than "Wanted: Dead or Alive" or "Live and Let Die" which both came out in the early '90s?

I know "better/best" is a matter of opinion, but it isn't even subjective that his flow got more complex, his storytelling more detailed, and his album concepts more and more in-depth and consistent on subsequent releases. Those things might not necessarily make a better album, but it's like half the people that mention Kool G seem to think he's primarily an '80s rapper (is it just because he was a Juice Crew member?) or that he didn't release anything noteworthy after "Road to the Riches."

For some reason, mainstream (mostly older, white) critics have this weird preference for anything that came out in the Golden Age, even if later stuff by that artist is more accomplished, but I've even seen sources claiming that Road to the Riches is the first "mafioso" rap album - there's one fucking song on that album that would qualify! If you aren't going to mention "Live and Let Die" (or haven't even listened to it) don't even bother writing about Kool G Rap's career.

Last edited by Cthulhu; 12-11-2011 at 10:10 PM.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:26 PM   #28
buckshotstheone
Legend

buckshotstheone shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to buckshotstheone

SPIN is a bunch of hipsters.......and putting Gunplay's album on the list smh.......really? Gunplay? Shit I love Maybach Music and all that ignorant rap but Gunplay is just plain terrible.
buckshotstheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:19 AM   #29
main_man

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshotstheone View Post
SPIN is a bunch of hipsters.......and putting Gunplay's album on the list smh.......really? Gunplay? Shit I love Maybach Music and all that ignorant rap but Gunplay is just plain terrible.

"Blessed be the Lord
Old 12-13-2011, 10:21 AM   #30
main_man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wh0am3ye? View Post

this wasn't on it either...
no doubt.

meyhem did something just short of a miracle.

he put out a double album with no filler.

dope ass record.

"Blessed be the Lord