news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 12-20-2011, 09:01 PM   #31
Don Universo
PRODIGAL SUN

Don Universo iron monkeyDon Universo iron monkeyDon Universo iron monkey

All due respect, no eric sermon production please!

Don Universo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:51 AM   #32
FeLo
PRODIGAL SUN

FeLo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FeLo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FeLo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FeLo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FeLo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FeLo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FeLo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FeLo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FeLo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FeLo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FeLo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

del

Last edited by FeLo; 12-21-2011 at 08:03 AM.
FeLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 08:55 AM   #33
jokostyle
Veteran Member

jokostyle shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronze Feet View Post
^or Ghost or Rae, and any other Clan member really

RZA had compressors set so the voices were made to sound right. i swear some people just say shit on this site without even knowing what they are talking about (muscularghandi got it right, its been stated by RZA many times)

i think people underestimate the power of a good engineer. thats partly the reason music sucks shit today, wack ass overly compressed sounds.
The F***in T R U T H !!! And they want us to buy this flat lifeless stuff...
It's a professional fault !!!

Here's what RZA said about the voices

Quote:
RZA's certainly come a long way in the 14 years of recording and adjusting to the nuances of 9 — and often more — MCs, each with their own subtle quirks requiring different approaches and levels of attention. “In the old days, it was more like I knew whose voice would go on which beat, but over time, everyone's talent has grown and expanded and voices have changed somewhat,” RZA says. “In my opinion, no producer ever mixes Ghostface's voice the way I mix his voice. I always had his voice warmer. A vocal only sleeps between 70 Hz and 10 kHz. Between that range, you got to find that perfect balance for your artist that takes away some of the nasal high, while still keeping the warmth of the mid and a little bottom.”

For 8 Diagrams, RZA used Avalon and Urei preamps, as well as the dbx 160 compressors with Pultec EQs. There's enough to go around. “Each Clan member had his own compressor, so when he came to my house or studio, his compressor was always set to his voice,” RZA says. “I had a preset channel that I would never touch.”
http://emusician.com/remixmag/artist...ts//index.html
jokostyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 11:14 AM   #34
Jin10304
Veteran Member

Jin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venoms

Sermon n Meth fit. I neva hated his contributions. "Problem" was too nice
Jin10304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:20 PM   #35
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Why?
Old 12-23-2011, 12:35 AM   #36
cromgenius
85 %er

cromgenius grasshopper

Should be interesting... Feel that Rza's best beats of recent time was "Presidential MCs" and the intro of 4:21... They were both vintage sounding and suited Meth like crazy
cromgenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:49 PM   #37
kwabena1041
Veteran Member

kwabena1041 crouching tigerkwabena1041 crouching tiger

Sub

kwabena1041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 10:35 AM   #38
The blackma
SLIMEY SAVAGE

The blackma drunken mastaThe blackma drunken mastaThe blackma drunken masta

Rza could give every wu general the sound they want and the sound they need, but the guy thinks he is a master producer so he can do what he wants. But as he said the generals have grown like Rae who releases two strong albums recently. I think that if Rza takes his time and work seriously with the clan they can make another classic. I think that Rza owes classic albums to U god and Inspectah Deck. If Rza want them to give their best he must respect them.
The blackma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 05:23 PM   #39
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

sub

rza needs to produce another album asap...i think the last shit he did was digi snax or afro 2
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 03:03 PM   #40
RUSHING PLATYPUS
Platypi on the swarm!!

RUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromgenius View Post
Should be interesting... Feel that Rza's best beats of recent time was "Presidential MCs" and the intro of 4:21... They were both vintage sounding and suited Meth like crazy
Agreed. I would put "420" up there too. Those 3 tracks alone > Tical 0
Old 12-26-2011, 04:31 PM   #41
Punch
Veteran Member

Punch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkey

All this talk of compressors is missing the point that no one sounds like they did 20 years ago. RZA certainly doesn't, and you'd think he'd EQ his own voice to his high standards.

Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 07:32 PM   #42
tekunique
SupaSelekta

tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punch View Post
All this talk of compressors is missing the point that no one sounds like they did 20 years ago. RZA certainly doesn't, and you'd think he'd EQ his own voice to his high standards.
yo RZA extra tweaked his vocals on Life Changes ! lol...
Old 12-28-2011, 09:22 AM   #43
grt05
PRODIGAL SUN

grt05 prodigal songrt05 prodigal songrt05 prodigal songrt05 prodigal songrt05 prodigal songrt05 prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekunique View Post
yo RZA extra tweaked his vocals on Life Changes ! lol...
lol...gotta agree that RZA fucked up on life changes. Why did he need to do that??
grt05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:47 PM   #44
CL2coming
fresh from the kitchen

CL2coming iron monkeyCL2coming iron monkeyCL2coming iron monkeyCL2coming iron monkeyCL2coming iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by grt05 View Post
lol...gotta agree that RZA fucked up on life changes. Why did he need to do that??
The mastering on the whole of the 8 Diagrams album was embarrassingly bad.

I would appreciate that album a lot more if it was re-mastered.
CL2coming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 04:24 PM   #45
JEM
Wu-Veteran

JEM drunken mastaJEM drunken masta

421 was a very good album. Overall good beats...and he murdered every track lyrically..the ones i absolutely cant stand tho, are "Lets Ride" and "4ever". I actually heard a remix for "4ever" with Mary J Blige and that shit was BANGIN.. i dont know what happened, but that DEFINITLEY coulda been a hot single..somebody dropped the ball on that one for sure..

i rate meth's albums like this..

Tical 9/10 (CLASSIC)
Tical 2000 7.5/10 (it was just too long)
Blackout! 8.5/10 (Banger)
Tical 0 7/10 (not as bad as everyone says it is)
421 8/10 (Banger)
Blackout!2 8/10 (Banger)
Wu Massacre 7.5/10 (Banger but too short)
JEM is offline   Reply With Quote