news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 12-22-2011, 07:47 PM   #16
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

i think they all have their own take on the wu sound. 4th doesn't sound nothing like RZA production to me. to be honest i'd have to say hes my least favorite out of the bunch.

they all kind of learnt from rza so obviously you hear that influence a little in their music but they each got their own thing. true master should be one of the biggest names in hip hop, i mean it probably sounds like stan talk on this forum but i think its true. only reason he didn't get big is being in rzas shadow. any news on true master? is he in jail yet?
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:51 PM   #17
DUMBO
Veteran Member

DUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venoms

The elements are very underrated in my opinion. Almost no one outside of wu heads talk about them and 4th is especially underrated considering how consistent and ill his music is.

"Oppressing bitches individually and in groups since 1976"
DUMBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:02 PM   #18
Surreptitious
Above the Clouds

Surreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal son

Producers- Underrated

MC's and groups- very overrated, minus a few select MC's
Old 12-23-2011, 11:52 AM   #19
Jamal Arief
Veteran Member

Jamal Arief iron monkeyJamal Arief iron monkeyJamal Arief iron monkeyJamal Arief iron monkeyJamal Arief iron monkey

Is there even any Wu-Tang affiliated MC or producer that gets a lot of recognition outside this board? How could they be overrated? Strange thread indeed.

As has been stated, True and especially 4th are exceptional producers in their own right and based on their talent deserve much much more recognition by the industry than they actually have (although it may just be that they are not up to the task for whatever reason). Math, Goldfinghaz, Darkim, Y-Kim, Bronze and Cilva are decent too.

Peace.
Jamal Arief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:57 AM   #20
biblebullet
Veteran Member

biblebullet shaolin monk
Send a message via MSN to biblebullet Send a message via Yahoo to biblebullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreptitious View Post
Producers- Underrated

MC's and groups- very overrated, minus a few select MC's
Gotta agree, i also think the producers are very much underrated and most of the wack afflicated MC are rather too overrated.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:27 PM   #21
airmax
Banned

airmax Village Idiot

Priest on 4th Disciple -

airmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 12:34 PM   #22
Jin10304
Veteran Member

Jin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venoms

"they can't do what Rza did in the golden era. Many wu fans wanted beats as dope as Rza's ones in the golden era but it was impossible. The end of the wu as true "hip hop force" was inescapable. After 97 Rza wasn't able to produce many dope tracks as before"

What? No classics from 97 & beyond without RZA? Please listen to SW4QW(97), HM (1998) & Dirty Weaponry (1998) that alone is enough to close mouths of doubters
Jin10304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 12:35 PM   #23
food for thought
Duppy Conquerer

Location: SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR
food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^LMFAO @ the way he bobbles down the street at the end of the video

food for thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 12:56 PM   #24
GRANDMASSIVE.
BBW SLAYER

GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to GRANDMASSIVE.

Very underrated imo. Bronze is the 1 to carry the torch in the now & future.

http://www.reverbnation.com/grandmas...wchristshabazz
http://www.soundclick.com/grandmassive
GRANDMASSIVE. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:37 PM   #25
THE MASON
Winter is Coming

THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

how can they be overated when they barely made it into the limelight?

outside of the artists in the game and the die hard fans, i dont think either 4th, True Masta or Math got there props they deserve

4th got a style unto himself, militant as fuck. i think people forget Tru worked with Guru and others before and most recently he did a whole album with KRS (which is bangin as fuck).

i think these dudes are content being where they are, im sure they woulda loved to make some more money doing it but, they coulda easily done so if they wanted during that time

ELITE STATUS
THE MASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:18 PM   #26
Chris Stylez
PRODIGAL SUN

Chris Stylez iron monkeyChris Stylez iron monkeyChris Stylez iron monkeyChris Stylez iron monkeyChris Stylez iron monkey

stupid

"Sign Of The Times" coming soon

Chris Stylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:12 PM   #27
Surreptitious
Above the Clouds

Surreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamal Arief View Post
Is there even any Wu-Tang affiliated MC or producer that gets a lot of recognition outside this board? How could they be overrated? Strange thread indeed.

As has been stated, True and especially 4th are exceptional producers in their own right and based on their talent deserve much much more recognition by the industry than they actually have (although it may just be that they are not up to the task for whatever reason). Math, Goldfinghaz, Darkim, Y-Kim, Bronze and Cilva are decent too.

Peace.
I guess as far as MC's go, people around here rate them much higher than they should be
Old 12-24-2011, 01:53 AM   #28
diabolos88

diabolos88 shaolin monk

I wish Mathematics put out more beats.

He's had some downright classics over the years.
diabolos88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:56 AM   #29
BigKing.nl
Veteran Member

BigKing.nl prodigal sonBigKing.nl prodigal sonBigKing.nl prodigal sonBigKing.nl prodigal sonBigKing.nl prodigal sonBigKing.nl prodigal sonBigKing.nl prodigal son

Underrated by the general public, overrated by the Wu stans.

Melf.nl bazencommunity
BigKing.nl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 06:10 AM   #30
The blackma
SLIMEY SAVAGE

The blackma drunken mastaThe blackma drunken mastaThe blackma drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing.nl View Post
Underrated by the general public, overrated by the Wu stans.
Yeah I agree. I mean Rza is respected (untill this day ) by true hip hop heads and even by music lovers. The guy is respected by great artists like Bjork, Bono etc... I think that 4th was potentially as dope as Rza but the guy was too sectarian. He wasn't able to produce a hit like Rza did he still can't. Without Rza there had never been the wu, I hoped wu-elements were able to keep the wu flame alive but they failed. Wu stans are sectarian too that why they love so much 4th disciple. As I said True Master could be dope too but he lacked imagination. I listened Buddah Monk's album two years ago, the beats were good but they sounded the same so it becomes quickly boring. He lacked imagination too !
The wu killa bees were to numerous so they diluted the wu sound and they killed the wu legacy. It would have been very interesting if every wu element had his own sound and could bring heat like Rza did at the very beginning of the saga. Rza was visionary that's why he could put wu to this level.
The blackma is offline   Reply With Quote