news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Sound Shack

Old 12-19-2011, 11:56 AM   #1
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Jazz listeners: Who are your favorite pianists

simple question who are some of your favorite jazz pianist and whats your favorite song by said pianist?
Old 12-19-2011, 02:49 PM   #2
fatboybrandon
Your fav. artist's artist

fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Enjoy!

fatboybrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:36 PM   #3
Frank Sobotka
Veteran Member

Frank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venoms

I never bother to learn the line up of what I listen to.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:02 PM   #4
PANDA PISS
I Radiate Distinction

PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to PANDA PISS

that ahmad jamal album is one of the greatest albums in any genre.

i'd have to say thelonius monk though, probably round midnight or epistrophy. they're in the small category of songs that send shivers down my spine. the only others i can think of that do that are 'georgia on my mind' and 'change gon come'.
PANDA PISS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:53 PM   #5
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

Count Basie, Fats Waller, Monk, Hancock and Sun Ra of course
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:01 AM   #6
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^this man knows

many people sleep on sun ra though
Old 12-20-2011, 08:34 AM   #7
Taskmaster2112
PRODIGAL SUN

Taskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killa

Sun Ra, Herbie Hancock, Alice Coltrane, McCoy Tyner, Andrew Hill, Cecil Taylor, Horace Tapscott, Keith Jarrett ("The Koln Concert" is a live improvised solo piano record that's maybe the most beautiful album I've ever heard), Matthew Shipp, Muhal Richard Abrams, Weldon Irvine, Dave Burrell, Harry Whitaker (he worked with Roy Ayers in the 70s, but check out his "Black Renaissance" album).

If I had to pick an absolute favorite out of that list, it would probably be Andrew Hill or Horace Tapscott (although if we were talking bandleaders Sun Ra would win hands down).
Taskmaster2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:12 AM   #8
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskmaster2112 View Post
Sun Ra, Herbie Hancock, Alice Coltrane, McCoy Tyner, Andrew Hill, Cecil Taylor, Horace Tapscott, Keith Jarrett ("The Koln Concert" is a live improvised solo piano record that's maybe the most beautiful album I've ever heard), Matthew Shipp, Muhal Richard Abrams, Weldon Irvine, Dave Burrell, Harry Whitaker (he worked with Roy Ayers in the 70s, but check out his "Black Renaissance" album).

If I had to pick an absolute favorite out of that list, it would probably be Andrew Hill or Horace Tapscott (although if we were talking bandleaders Sun Ra would win hands down).
another underrated brother know of his work with coltrane

Old 01-09-2012, 07:10 AM   #9
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^ word, McCoy Tyner is great - one of my favorite jazz albums is "Extensions" by him. Bill Evans need a mention in this thread besides all the great ones already up here but my #1 is probably Keith Jarrett though

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:35 AM   #10
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

what do you guys think of joey defransceo?
Old 05-26-2012, 01:33 PM   #11
WooHa
Avant-garde

WooHa drunken mastaWooHa drunken masta

hmm probably Herbie Hancock
WooHa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:23 PM   #12
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

There's too many to really choose, but lately I've been listening to a lot of Randy Weston.

Or this:

"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."

Last edited by Edgar Erebus; 05-27-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:59 PM   #13
THE MASON
Winter is Coming

THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Jimmy Smith

he popularized the Hammond B3 organ, which i know isnt a piano, but i dont care. dude is real dope

ELITE STATUS
THE MASON is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 05:37 PM   #14
WooHa
Avant-garde

WooHa drunken mastaWooHa drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE MASON View Post
the Hammond B3 organ
How in hell did i forget Booker T Jones
WooHa is offline   Reply With Quote